• Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Woman hospitalised after drinking wine at Bowral home; ecstasy suspected

poledriver

Bluelighter
Woman hospitalised after drinking wine at Bowral home; ecstasy suspected

She thought she was taking a sip of fine French wine, sharing a toast with family and friends.

Little did the 23-year-old woman know her glass was filled with poison.

One mouthful and the 23-year-old knew something wasn’t right.

The rancid bitterness convinced her the wine, brought by a friend to the Bowral home, was undrinkable.

A male dinner companion took a taste before reeling away and agreeing the suspicious liquid wasn’t fit for human consumption.

But before they could pop a cork on a replacement bottle, the woman started to convulse.

In a panic, they called triple-0.

Paramedics rushed in, stabilised the young woman and transferred her to Campbelltown Hospital.

Sources say initial testing confirmed the bottle of red wine tested positive for MDMA - the drug commonly referred to as ecstasy.

MDMA usually appears on the street in tablet form but can also come in liquid form.

In Australia, MDMA was declared illegal in 1986 because of its harmful effects and potential for abuse.

It is classed as a Schedule 9 prohibited substance, meaning it is available for scientific research purposes only.

Any other type of sale, use or manufacture is prohibited.

Sources say the bottle came from a box of wine delivered to a small post office in northern NSW.

It was labelled French wine.

One bottle from the box of 12 ended up on a dinner table in Bowral on Saturday, February21.

Police confirmed on Friday that they were investigating the circumstances surrounding the hospitalisation of the 23-year-old woman in Bowral around 8.30pm on Saturday.

Inspector John Klepczarek, commander of Southern Highlands Police, said the Sydney woman appeared to have digested an unknown substance that caused a severe reaction.

She was initially treated at Bowral Hospital then, due to the seriousness of her condition, transferred to Campelltown Hospital and admitted for several days.

Insp Klepczarek said police were awaiting test results on a bottle of wine.

Initial tests on the bottle showed that it might have contained drugs, he said.

http://www.illawarramercury.com.au/...wine-at-bowral-home-ecstasy-suspected/?cs=300

Weird story. I wasn't aware that MDMA itself had a liquid form - can anyone confirm this? But it could easily be dissolved into something then dried out and retrieved. Sounds like a bottle from a smuggling operation was diverted by accident and these people ended up with it by accident, but there must have been a shitload of MDMA in it for the woman to start convulsing. Least she's alive.

I think that's before it is reacted with an hcl salt but I'm pretty sure the liquid base for md is highly toxic.

Jesus!! Could have been a bottle of precursor or something, and the testing reagents they use cause a false-positive reaction for MDMA.

What a strange story. I mean if it was a bottle of MDMA precursor someone has a pretty sophisticated operation for getting it in albeit it definitely needs more safe guards, how does one simply not receive their 1.5L of precursor and accidentally sell it to some rando guy. Also it was literally labeled "French Wine" lol I am just picturing some guy in the wine section of a liquor store, having no understanding of wine and its verities and simply grabbing one labeled "French Wine"

Still very strange and unfortunate.

What a strange story. I mean if it was a bottle of MDMA precursor someone has a pretty sophisticated operation for getting it in albeit it definitely needs more safe guards, how does one simply not receive their 1.5L of precursor and accidentally sell it to some rando guy. Also it was literally labeled "French Wine" lol I am just picturing some guy in the wine section of a liquor store, having no understanding of wine and its verities and simply grabbing one labeled "French Wine"

Still very strange and unfortunate.

It says the bottle was brought by one of the friends. I think there's some streams crossing here and someone who is close to that friend wants whatever is in that bottle.

Sources say initial testing confirmed the bottle of red wine tested positive for MDMA - the drug commonly referred to as ecstasy.

Initial tests on the bottle showed that it might have contained drugs, he said.

???

Last edited:
Sources say contradicting things because in reality they have no idea.
Maybe they should wait for conformation before spreading bs to the public??