PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Woke up 4 hours into my acid trip?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willydog155

Bluelighter
Checked all over blue light and couldn't find anything that seemed to fit my dilemma so why not a new thread. At 12:30 a.m. I had consumed one altoid lsd thought to be 100 Microdots. I took this alone in my room after seeing my friend taking them earlier that night (at first not feeling anything so taking 2) said he had felt the effects coming on extremely strong up to 4 hours later. At about 2 a.m. I fell asleep and woke up now (6:26 hours in) As of rite now I feel completely normal. What could have happened? shouldn't I still be tripping?

I'm assuming you mean 100 micrograms. A microdot is a specific kind of pill, not a measurement.

You really shouldn't even have been able to fall asleep that easily if you were an hour and a half after dosing.... You definitely should have already been feeling it pretty strongly by then. Did you actually witness your friend tripping on it earlier?

Yes, another friend of mine reported a late reaction as well and I did experience him "tripping balls" as he said. Said all the patterns in his sheets had started to warp and felt a large anxiety coming over his mind (he took 2). I also smoked a large amount of marijuana hours prior which did give me a big feeling of restlessness. Do you think it may have been bunk? Or did my sleep throw it offbeat? I feel a bit unneasy but that's about it.

Well, we're not allowed to make guesses about the identity or quality of drugs that people take here, but if we give the benefit of the doubt and say you definitely have LSD, then it has to be really weak, not even close to 100 micrograms. Dealers just make those numbers up to sell more anyway so I wouldn't really trust them....

Mild warping, anxiety, and taking over an hour to feel it are all things that happen from low doses of LSD, not enough to really reach a full trip. If your friend had to take two just to get there and you only took one then that could explain why it was weak enough for you to fall asleep through since it was late at night, and why it was pretty much over by the time you woke up. If it took me over an hour to feel LSD I would expect it to be pretty much entirely gone by maybe about six hours in.

If that's all the case, you're just going to have to dose higher next time. You will definitely not fall asleep if you get a full dose of LSD in you.

Hmm I'm ginna try and take another 2 in a couple hours, will keep this updated. Any tips for a first time.

If this stuff takes four hours to kick in, then it probably isn't LSD.

Well, my biggest tip would be to wait a few days instead.... Psychedelics create very rapid and steep, but short-lasting tolerance. If you did take a very low dose of LSD then of course it's likely that the tolerance would be less than it would after a full trip, but it's still very possible that those two doses will be a good deal weaker now than they would be if you gave your receptors a few days to recover. But, if you do dose then the biggest things I would recommend are just: comfort (be somewhere with no anxiety or responsibilities), music (something you can really groove to), and, if you have easy access to it, nature. Walking through parks or forests is fantastic on LSD, after you make sure it's fully kicked in and you can act normal while doing it of course. Aside from that I find LSD taken alone to be a very introspective experience, so just be in your best mood/environment to think deeply about things.... That would do it for me!

If this stuff takes four hours to kick in, then it probably isn't LSD.
That's not actually what he said though, he said his friend took one and then took another one after not feeling the first, and after that he could still feel it kicking in strong up to about four hours later. That seems perfectly rational to me; I personally would say that a full dose of LSD keeps going up until about three or fours for me. It kicks in faster, but it doesn't level out until then.

That's not actually what he said though, he said his friend took one and then took another one after not feeling the first, and after that he could still feel it kicking in strong up to about four hours later. That seems perfectly rational to me; I personally would say that a full dose of LSD keeps going up until about three or fours for me. It kicks in faster, but it doesn't level out until then.

I did consider that, but I got the impression that it only kicked in four hours after the second dose, and apparently another friend experienced a delayed reaction as well.

Last edited:
About the first friend, he said "coming on extremely strong up to 4 hours later", so I'm pretty sure that doesn't mean it started kicking in at that time. About the second friend, that's true, but that friend only apparently described very weak effects which I would expect to have a delayed onset. I'm not saying it's not possible that it was something besides LSD, but I don't really think there's enough evidence yet to say that it definitely was. Nothing described so far seems outside of its range to me.

There is one very significant question we can ask in this way though: was the Altoid bitter at all?

Tasted completely like mints. ( let it dissolve on my tung and swished it around my mouth them swallowing when there was little left) and as for my friend he took the first one, didn't feel anything 2 hours later so took a second. Another 2 hours later he felt strong effects of anxiety and strong visuals. My other friend took his as soon as he saw my first friend tripping and said he felt the effects coming on 2 hours later as well. Is it possible I slept through the 2 hour mark? Should the come up have kept me awake?

Alright, well that does help point a bit more towards actual LSD at least. Unfortunately it's not as foolproof as a tasteless blotter since there is the mint taste, but those bitter chemicals (in my experience anyway) really tend to stand out on the tongue....

Well, two hours is slow for LSD, but it's not ridiculous, especially with apparently lower doses like this. Do you happen to know if they didn't feel anything at all until that time, or is that just when they're saying that they felt the trip really started?

Clearly you slept through whatever effects there might have been, but I wouldn't really worry too much about it.... Yes the come up should have kept you awake, so if it was actually going to be a strong trip, it would have woken you up on its own. An actually strong dose of LSD can be so energizing that it keeps you wide awake for hours after you're not even tripping anymore. Like I said, when you take an actually strong dose, sleep won't be an issue.

He said he felt pressure in his head and had been acting noticeably different but I think this may have been him hyping the experience. Hopefully two will do the trick. Also new to blue light so sorry for any mistakes I may have made. Also if anyone has dxm experience please check out the thread I posted a little while ago. off from work so a backup plan couldnt Hurt8)

Alright, well that's something at least, I get that head pressure myself and a lot of people do get anxious or wired while coming up on psychedelics, especially LSD. It's also quite possible that he overstated some things though too.... People who are relatively new to psychedelics really don't have any comprehension of what actually tripping hard is like, so they tend to overstate things and think that low dose effects feel like high doses. A very powerful psychedelic trip can easily rival or surpass any of the most intense non-drug life experiences you've ever had, far beyond just showing you cool colors and patterns and changing your moods.

Anyway though, it sounds like both your friends at least did get some genuine effects from two hits so I'm sure you can too. And it's no problem, I don't believe I've seen you make any mistakes here yet.... I'll check out your other thread too, but I'm not as educated about DXM so I can't promise anything.

Advising someone to increase their dosage of an unknown drug is really bad harm reduction advice. It could be anything.

Falling asleep on LSD is pretty unbelievable, but I could see a low dose maybe waking you up after plateauing. The shit was not 100 ug of LSD, and also was not 100 microdots, which would have blown up your mind.

The reality is no one knows what you took, especially you. You need to test drugs before you take them. Some of them can and will kill you. Get reagents. Research drugs before you take them so you know the profile. Redosing psychedelics the next day is generally a waste of material.

Advising someone to increase their dosage of an unknown drug is really bad harm reduction advice. It could be anything.

There was no "advising", I was simply acknowledging his curiosity that two hits would likely make him trip harder. It's ridiculous to assume that someone is not going to take two hits of their drugs just because you tell them not to when they've already seen their friends do it successfully and they know that one hit was sub-threshold to them, and there's already been a discussion on its questionable identity so its not like he's blissfully unaware of the concerns.

I guess harm reduction is a waste of time because nobody's gonna listen anyway. Better close down the site.

The correct advice is to test the drugs. There's no excuse to tell someone

you're just going to have to dose higher next time

when you don't even know what the substance in question is.

You should really test it with a substance ID kit. We could guess all night but nothing is going to change the fact that your description does not sound like LSD.

^^ And unfortunately for OP, guessing all night is against the rules as we don't do speculative substance identification.

Sorry OP, by the answers you've received so far I'm sure you can see why we don't try to guess what you took. Unfortunately the only ways to do that are with presumptive drug identification tests like Ehrlichs to LSD/indoles, or by sending a sample to a proper laboratory for GC/MS testing.

From what most have said, you likely didn't get LSD. What you DID get however is anyone's guess, and that we do not allow :(

Sorry bud

Status
Not open for further replies.