• NMI Moderators: Snafu in the Void

🧑‍🌾 Gardening 🧑‍🌾 Withdrawing from clonazapam and pregablin

Gardening

katkin

Greenlighter
Hi I was put on 1mg clonazapam and300mg pregablin for jaw pain after a root canal went wrong. The drugs are not working and my doctor will not help me come off these awful drugs
has any one any ideas I don't abuse drugs but I think I'm dependant thnx

That doesn't seem like much you can probably get by with supplements like gaba and taurine, exercise, and wean off caffeine and sugar as well. Kava helped me, some a downer strain like Vanuatu Borongoru but get a good brand I used the alliterative brand name double K name. Micronzed version so you don't have to brew it. Obviously do research there's risks and contraindications. Regular supplements will probably be enough I'd bet.

That doesn't seem like much you can probably get by with supplements like gaba and taurine, exercise, and wean off caffeine and sugar as well. Kava helped me, some a downer strain like Vanuatu Borongoru but get a good brand I used the alliterative brand name double K name. Micronzed version so you don't have to brew it. Obviously do research there's risks and contraindications. Regular supplements will probably be enough I'd bet.
Hi I already weaned off caffeine and sugar....
The tablets aren't helping at all I just feel ill on them and all the side effects going on for 15years now thnx will look into kava kava what exactly is that. One of the consultants told me to try cannabis but he doesn't prescribe it and it illegal in the UK....despite alot of people use it....I would not trust buying on the streets...I don't know enough about it

What a dickhead doctor, by the way. He obviously knows it's addictive especially after 15 years. He could have given you .5's at least. If able, I'd crush and weigh any remaining clons to split them up to taper somewhat before switching to something else. Kava has some contraindications like you can't drink alcohol on it so do research. GABAa is the receptor benzos affect and Kava agonizes that same receptor. But yeah, I'd try to get by on supplements and cardio before getting kava.

What a dickhead doctor, by the way. He obviously knows it's addictive especially after 15 years. He could have given you .5's at least. If able, I'd crush and weigh any remaining clons to split them up to taper somewhat before switching to something else. Kava has some contraindications like you can't drink alcohol on it so do research. GABAa is the receptor benzos affect and Kava agonizes that same receptor. But yeah, I'd try to get by on supplements and cardio before getting kava.
Thank for the information I only get my scrips weekly so it's difficult to crush enough for a detox thanks anyway

Hi @katkin,

Have you been taking clonazepam daily for 15 years? That is a low dose but quite a long time if so and probably should prepare some sort of taper if so. Are you aware of the Ashton Manual?

Medical cannabis is legal here in UK and may be helpful for the pain. However it can be stimulating and may exacerbate symptoms of withdrawal. There are several private clinics that can be accessed online if you can afford to pay. If not ask your doc to refer you to somebody that can help prescribe at the very least.

Hi badboy377
yea I know been asking to conme off it to 10yrs but they just keep giving me more stuff. I know there are clinics for cannabis but they are expensive and need details of your gp....which she will never allow that. I'm starting to taper slowly myself ....not easy
thank for your reply

It's a legitimate treatment and you should be allowed to access it. If she won't allow request a referral or to see a doc who will. There's no reason you shouldn't be allowed.

Best of luck with taper 👍

Thank bad boy377 will take that on board just so tired of fighting the establishment ie the doctors hope you are in a good place🙏

Thankyou, Katkin. I'm getting there slowly.

I understand your tiredness, it sounds like a long slog and these things can wear you down. Have you got someone to assist in your fight and back you up?

In medical consultations it is sometimes a case of saying the right thing. 'duty of care' is a phrase you may want to use when you next speak to your doc. They have a duty of care to help you not only withdraw comfortably from these drugs but to seek an alternative to provide some relief. If they are incapable of doing this it is entirely reasonable to ask for onward referral to a colleague or to secondary care who can help you.

I hope you can get somewhere.

Sadly many GPs are tired and on verge of burn out with the hangover of the pandemic still but if you say the right things they should do the right things.

Best of luck

BB