• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Withdrawals using once a month?

johnloperamide

Bluelighter
So would an ex-addict get withdrawal if he only used once a month?

I used PST after 2 months off about a month ago and used 2 days in a row and got just a lil bit of withdrawals, almost nothing but for half a day I felt a bit like shit like I used to during actual PST withdrawals....

I've been wondering, what I if use only one day and not 2.. after a month off... I wonder if I'll get anything

Whatever, I decided not to buy any.... I'm clean now and don't ever want to go back to that dark place...

Last edited:
good choice..
its really hard for an addict to limit usage to once or twice. i believe its better to not expose yourself to the temptation.. also, after 2 days of use, if you are an ex addict, you will likely experience withdrawals again.. it comes back real fast for us. and hard.

I'm clean óff opiates/opioids for about a year now and was very fine with it.

But recently i got a cold and thought hey lets get some dhc prescribed for the cough.

My Intention was to abuse it.

I got my prescription on a friday and got another one the next monday.

After that i had bad cravings which i didnt have the whole year. The cravings are almost gone now, a month later.

But the two times... Only two times made me crave enough to think about ways to get some opioids.

I was clean 10 yrs when I decided i can control my use by doing it here and there. Fast foward 3 months i am a full blown addict again doing 3g a day. You are an addict because you can't control opiate use. Trust me do not make that mistake. When u use your brain makes extra opiate receptors this is why ur tolerance goes up as more receptors need to be fed opiates. When you quit those receptors never die or fall off, they just go to sleep this is why ppl experience depression, anxiety and no joy for months after quitting. When their brain produces natural opioids, usually small amount, there are 30-100 receptors that want it so you don't even feel anything. Again after some time they do fall asleep but once you use even only one time even 10 years later, all those receptors wake up or most of them do anyway. Cravings come back withdrawal sets in even though non addicts don't feel withdrawal after few days of using, you will because of the changes in the brain. I hope you can stop now before it is too late. Don't let your mind give you excuses as to why you need to take opioids. "Im in pain", "i need to sleep" and so on is the cravings from your receptors talking. Good luck to u i know how hard it is to stay away trust me im in total shithole now..

^Great explanation PD! Hey J-lop, I'm glad you are coming out of the trance opioids put you in. I have not looked back at heroin or morphine for a long time now and I'm soooo grateful. THC is a friendly companion :)

Dont do it! I thought i could control it too the 2nd time! Fast forward two years later and I am currently in my 3rd week of mmt. If you are ckean stay that way! You will not be able to control if you haven't been able to in the past.

Thanks for the responses and yes I stayed true and decided not to get any... I remembered how mad I was after using that one time after 2 months off and decided not to... I refuse to go back to those days

^The best buzz in the world is how I feel after a strong workout and a bath, a weed edible (infused coconut oil capsules), some herbal tea like cats claw/skullcap mix and a hot laptop plugged direct to BlueLight ;)

^The best buzz in the world is how I feel after a strong workout and a bath, a weed edible (infused coconut oil capsules), some herbal tea like cats claw/skullcap mix and a hot laptop plugged direct to BlueLight ;)

hahah I'd tell myself the same to keep myself off the shit, but truth is nothing compares, well except being with the girl of your dreams but that isn't an option for me now.... Whatever, I'm just not using shit anymore cause it simply isn't worth the certain pain that will follow later on, fuck no