• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids withdrawal starting at day 3?

pillman1224

Bluelighter
ok so this has been my dosing schedule as of late. Monday 4 30mg mscontin crushed/chewed 12:30pm after English class (im in college) it makes me more sociable and allows me to talk to girls and make new friends. Tuesday 4 30mg mscontin crushed/ chewed 1:30pm before physical therapy (i like to hit on the hot PT girles and this gives me the confidence to do so). Wednesday nothing Thursday same as Monday and Friday same as Tuesday. Bare with me i am almost done.

Saturday no drugs and Sunday no drugs. at the end of Sunday my stomach gets a little tight but that's it. Monday i wake up in absolute hell. RLS, Diarrhea, dry heaving, muscle and bone pain ect. so my question is why does with withdrawal set in on day 3 i have to sit through my English class in absolute hell. and no i am not looking for withdrawal cures i know them all. is my metabolism slow whats the deal? the whole point of staying sober on the weekend is so i wont withdraw during class. any ideas welcome.

Day 3 tends to be the worst day of withdrawal for me and for many friends over the years - you're habit is probably low enough that you don't have any symptoms until the 'peak' of withdrawal on the third day.

That, or those MS Contins aren't getting as rabidly absorbed as you think and you have morphine in your system through the weekend. I know even crushed up, when railed they gum right back up in your sinuses (causing all sorts of nastiness). I'm imagine that they may do the same in your stomach.

Day 3 tends to be the worst day of withdrawal for me and for many friends over the years - you're habit is probably low enough that you don't have any symptoms until the 'peak' of withdrawal on the third day.

That, or those MS Contins aren't getting as rabidly absorbed as you think and you have morphine in your system through the weekend. I know even crushed up, when railed they gum right back up in your sinuses (causing all sorts of nastiness). I'm imagine that they may do the same in your stomach.

excellent point much appreciated friend. anyone else have any other suggestions. it is just odd that most people i know who are addicts wake up in hell on day 1 maybe my habit isnt as bad. and no plans on quitting while im ahead you would not believe the awesome grades im getting and creative papers im writing while high. its like this shit opens my mind to a whole new way of thinking.

this has happened to me while addicted to Black Tar Heroin. I can't really explain it.. The only difference was this one time, the first and second day, I had been taking large amounts of xanax and crystal meth. but it doesnt really explain why i didnt go into withdrawal until the morning of day 3... it only happened once. every other time.. 12 hours after my last dose.. i start feeling it, regardless if i take xanax or anything else (but an opiate of course)

You're sure there is no chance you don't want to quit before it gets worse? I agreements others who say day three is just the worst somoje and two,you aren't feeling too bad yet. It would probably pass over quickly and you could go on with a normal life, or any kind of awesome and fun life. I don't mean to say that you have to be a slave to the grind and be "normal"'.

You're sure there is no chance you don't want to quit before it gets worse? I agreements others who say day three is just the worst somoje and two,you aren't feeling too bad yet. It would probably pass over quickly and you could go on with a normal life, or any kind of awesome and fun life. I don't mean to say that you have to be a slave to the grind and be "normal"'.
i appreciate your concern but ill quit when i run out as of now i have one source for percs and my friend who is selling me fent patches(limited supply) which i will be trying in a few days. might as ask why suggest quitting when the only negative effects that i have noticed from opiates which i have been doing since i was 13 is withdrawals (ill be 19 in december)

sometimes i wonder if i was as naive (no offense, i was) i just wish i had listened to the people who warned me.., do u really not see where this is leading? opiate addiction is no joke.. many young people (myself included) feel it is very attractive at first. im telling you, this changes fast. relying on a drug to be able to function daily is extremely stressful, especially when u run out of money, shit to pawn, wire to recycle, etc. i know u wont listen to me, but stop now. u will be so much happier, of this i am sure.

It felt like a lifetime ago, but once upon a time I was a college kid, from a bad neighborhood, who was working several jobs to pay my way through school with no help from anyone, and working my ass off to maintain good grades. My old bad neighborhood friends were all into drugs by this point, and sniffing a few bags of H was a hell of a way for me to unwind because I was working so hard. It was really helping me maintain good grades and steady income at first because it was so stabilizing...

...until I dropped out of school, lost my jobs, and ended up in a single bedroom shithole in the ghetto scraping by with petty crime and spending most of my time in an empty apartment building shooting gallery that had a pile of human feces in the corner (seriously) and smelled like literal death, riddled with needles and garbage and bloody sheets and general filth.

Do I think you can get by 'OK' popping a few MS Contins a week? Yeah, probably. That said, you do sound incredibly naive (really, no offense)- please, don't underestimate the monkey on your back. When you least expect it, he'll fuck you up bad. The fentanyl patches are a terrible idea man. At the very least, stick to the relatively mild pills.

I came back from my first bad dope habit, got my shit together, actually stayed clean for several years and finished school and got a good job.
I always craved dope though. Many years later, I discovered Crush and Snort (tm) Oxycontin. I got hard into OCs and alcohol, OD'd a few times, and almost lost it all again.
Since then I had on and off (mainly on) pill habits for over a decade. Though I've withdrawn more times then I can count, I've NEVER been actually 'clean'.
I discovered kratom a few years ago and have been using it daily since.
Almost two decades later and I'm trying to drop my morning and early afternoon tramadol dose (hovering around 300mg currently), which is in addition to the 30-40 grams of kratom I take every day.

The itch is too deep for me, and I don't think it'll ever go away. You could walk away, now.

Your probably not completely defeating the time release on the morphine pills. Or you just have a slow metabolism.

had some downtime at work (babysitting) keep in mind no opi's today and decided to check to see how this thread is doing. i am disgusted. i appreciate everyone's concern but no matter how many times you say "no offense" and call me naive. the fucking weeks if not months of my life i have spent researching opiates/opioids. i actually have a few friends in the medical field. when drugs came up I WAS CORRECTING THEM. a 2 year emt was shocked i knew the proper dose of ativan to give someone and how often. 4mg q4h. also he didnt know how to say the proper name of the drug he has administered hundreds of times to of victims of ods. actually corrected a nurse when she said the proper transition from mscontin to fentanyl is 4 weeks of 60mgs of ms a day(its actually 2 weeks of mscontin 30mgs q12h then 25mcg fentanyl every 3 days)

sorry for the vent but i am not naive i have been using opiates since 13 and when i had a 120mg+ roxicodone habit at age 14 i knew i was using to feel "normal" so guess what i stopped and took a tolerance break. the reason i am disgusted by some of the replies is this is bluelights mission statement is "we do not condone or condemn drug use" (last time i checked that is what it was) well most of the replies excluding crimsonjunk have been condemning my drug use. so sorry if i am easily offended but when called naive after years of abusing a drug learning about it the drug effects it has i get pretty fucking pissed.

every thread in OD turns into a fucking NA meeting. i should make my signature "no lecture necessary" or something to warn people. i like the old OD where people were a family and nobody mentioned HR. (its known BL is a HR website) no need to repeat it. Phreex the creator of OD is turning in his grave R.I.P. of and thanks for the advice i figured it was the damn metabolism.

Sorry man, it's easy for old guys like me to start lecturing. I still think it's probably just a mild enough habit that withdrawal symptoms don't break through until day 3. Good luck either way.

OP, don't u believe you're overreacting to the term 'naive?' They're just trying to help and they are actually answering your question on why it takes until day 3. Who cares if you've been using since u were 13 blah blah blah. Clearly that's a good sign it would be easier to get out now then to wait until you get sick 12 hrs after your last dose.

Just pump the brakes on the butthurtmobile. :D

OP, don't u believe you're overreacting to the term 'naive?' They're just trying to help and they are actually answering your question on why it takes until day 3. Who cares if you've been using since u were 13 blah blah blah. Clearly that's a good sign it would be easier to get out now then to wait until you get sick 12 hrs after your last dose.

Just pump the brakes on the butthurtmobile. :D

its not just this thread, this has been building for a while. every thread regarding opiates i see in OD or BDD someone has to tell their personal account of addiction. guess what if i od at least ill die happy cause i am at my happiest when on narcotics. i like the old OD where you could talk about scamming doctors and how to get a few illegally obtained Valium on a plane. sadly it seems OD has turned into Howard Stern. Used to be free talking open etc now he is just an ostrich in a wig talking politics. you must be a stern fan to get the reference. if not read some old OD threads. google "bluelight phreex" best days this forum ever saw. funny thing is i was only 3 y/o when it was going on.

hey bud.. i said no offense because i wasnt trying to offend u, but help.. but yah i get it... if u aren't trying to stop or wanting to stop.. probly dont want to hear that. some people have just been thru a lot of shit and try to make so maybe someone else doesnt need to go thru that.. its only because we dont want to see u suffer. but the more i try to help people the more i realize that u cant really tell anyone anything.. we need to learn it for ourselves..

You're a reasonably new member, and you're freaking about people with even less posts talking about their experiences.

There's a certain point at which you have to accept that you have no control over people on the internet.

I bet if you go back to Bluelight archives circa 1999 you'll find newbies telling others about their addictions without any context in the thread (just look at their join date compared to the post date).

You're a reasonably new member, and you're freaking about people with even less posts talking about their experiences.

There's a certain point at which you have to accept that you have no control over people on the internet.

I bet if you go back to Bluelight archives circa 1999 you'll find newbies telling others about their addictions without any context in the thread (just look at their join date compared to the post date).

you are 100% right. but i did lurk for about 2 years before making an account. and i should look at join/post date will consider that in the future. I guess i just like things to be kept the same. people/mods change so does the site.