• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Withdrawal question help

ArmyStrong305

Greenlighter
Hey guys so I was clean for two months and then I just had three surgeries I was on 6 mg of IV the diludid in the hospital and 60 mg of oxycodone now I'm on 60 mg of oxycodone 20 mg of OxyContin twice today 10 mg Percocet twice in the day I'm wondering if I feel any withdrawals I'm sure I will from this medication I've been on it for a month not sure how much longer I was a herion and every opiate user also some Iv fentnyl in hospital

If you are currently taking 60 mg oxycodone daily, I don't think you are in a withdrawal situation unless I didn't read that correctly. :?

If you think you may experience WD symptoms you could gradually taper off them just to be safe.

I agree with the above poster that tapering gradually is a better move, but I think that given your history with Opioids and the documented phenomenon of Kindling (look it up if you're unfamiliar), it's probably likely that you will experience a moderate-full bout of acute withdrawal upon cessation. It's probably not what you would like to hear, but given the facts, I think it's likely. Luckily, you're using Opioids licity at this point so making a request for even a short taper shouldn't be unreasonable.

I would have to agree, too ^ I would guess that you would have some type of w/d. Tapering would be ideal, imo. maybe communicate to your dr. about the taper? idk

Yes thanks for the quick response this website is great I'm still in the hospital and I still have another surgery which I'm looking forward to so I get more I'v diludid lol and Iv fentnyl but in all reality when I get out the hospital with my Scrips I'll probably eat those oxys real quick lol so I am going to go to the VA and ask for subutex thanks

Yeah, you will for sure have WDs if you just up and quit. Taper on a nice, slow, gentle wean. Your body and soul will thank you for it. Make sure you are getting the subs or methadone before you quickly eat your pills tho. A good rule of drugs is never count on them until they are in your hands.

Good luck on your surgeries. chin up, feet forward. I wouldn't judge you if u decided to blow through ur scrip lol most of us probably would, too. Having a contingency plan for tapering is always a smart move. Again, good luck. What is the surgery on?

I got osteomylytis from shooting and when I was in the hospital I was given oxys an morphine daily for the pain. I had gotten clean right before this .. it's safe to say you'll have withdrawal when your done with it.

I'm assuming by your screen-name ArmyStrong305 and the fact you're going to the VA that you're a veteran?

Just wanted to say thank you so much for your service! Respect:)

Hey nod alot I really appreciate that comment means a lot yes I'm a veteran served with the infantry in operation enduring freedom in Afghanistan in Kandahar where everything is heroin I didn't start using until I got out oxy progressively to herion