• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Withdrawal & Insomnia

Frozenpeople19

Greenlighter
First of all, hello everyone! I'm new around here, but I've been reading these forums quite a lot over the past few months. From what I've seen, a lot of people seem to be experiencing similar symptoms (insomnia, feeling nauseous etc). I'm just looking for suggestions here, since I've dabbled with it on and off, and I really do prefer it to all else, but due to the withdrawals experienced the whole thing doesn't seem to be worth it, unless one could control and minimize those? My knowledge about this wonderful drug is very limited, so I'm just looking for suggestions/ideas from experienced peeps.

1.) Is there a maximum amount of green one can consume per week to avoid having insomnia? e.g. only smoke 1 day 2 days off etc

2.) Do people that experience the worst withdrawals perhaps smoke at night? And that probably messes with the sleep cycle etc which could very well explain the insomnia? One could abstain from smoking during the night and see if that would work better? Has anyone tried this?

3.) Kava/Phenibut etc don't seem to help at all, they certainly take the edge off, but won't help sleep. Has anyone had any success with these two or anything else for sleep?

4.) Could severe withdrawal signal overall health problems? No matter how much one exercises (to feel tired), one still feels too awake to actually sleep.

5.) Abstain completely from caffeine? Yay or nay (how would one even wake up in the mornings then.. ?)

First of all, welcome to Bluelight!

1: Yes but the number of days and amounts will differ between people. No one is going to be able to give you a clear cut answer to this one. I've actualy asked something similar recently and didn't get an answer. Most people on here smoke daily I quess ;)

2: It's a possibility. When I get insomnia from weed withdrawal, it's mostly due to physical reasons (that's how it feels anyways). I can imagine though, that if you are used to relax with a joint or two every single night of the week before going to bed and then take a break, some might have a hard time relaxing and feeling ready to go to bed due to psychological withdrawal.

3: Both drugs have some stimulating properties along with the sedative aspects, the succes rate would most likely be much lower than something like benzodiazepines which works for almost everyone if the dose is right.

4: I don't think so, but if you have a health problem that has been covered up by weed consumption then it would obviously come to the surface once you quit. More than likely with a revenge in the acute withdrawal state. Say you have crohns disease in full remission (chronic inflamation of the bowels) and use weed daily (which has antiinflamatory properties), once you quit, the disease might flare up.

5: I don't think that would make much difference as long as you don't consume any at least 5 hours before bedtime and don't use to a ridiculous extent. Some people are pretty sensitive to Caffeine though so others experiences might differ.

1. Probably. I know there is a certain amount that if I go over I will have racing thoughts and want to be active rather than sleep. Keeping my tolerance down definitely seems to help me sleep and wake up feeling more rested. It seems like smoking a few hours before I plan to go to sleep and allowing myself to comedown seems to be the perfect balance for me, as well as abstaining during the day with the exception of maybe one or two rips in the morning, although I plan to stop smoking in the morning.

2. It is a definite possibility but I can't say for certain.

3. Never tried them but I've heard you can get addicted to some of those sorts of things, probably not as severe as most other drugs but maybe something like a coffee addiction, possibly worse so tred lightly.

4. Again, it is possible but I can't say for certain. If you really do have severe health problems I would think there would be many other signs and factors rather than just WDing from weed. It is possible you were covering something up by smoking and now you notice it more, but it seems more likely you are adjusting back to normal and it's taking some time. If you really are concerned about health best to see a doctor if possible, but if it's just WD's from weed it's nothing to see a doctor about imo.

5. Personally I stay away from caffeine in general. It is a psychoactive substance so if you are trying to go sober I would say abstain, but a cup of coffee won't kill you. If you don't drink it a lot it will probably make you jitter and anxious even.

3. Never tried them but I've heard you can get addicted to some of those sorts of things, probably not as severe as most other drugs but maybe something like a coffee addiction, possibly worse so tred lightly.

Phenibut addiction is in no way comparable with Caffeine. It's much much worse. It's about the same as GHB withdrawal.
I don't know much about Kava Kava but I bet it's much worse than Caffeine too in this aspect.

Phenibut addiction is in no way comparable with Caffeine. It's much much worse. It's about the same as GHB withdrawal.
I don't know much about Kava Kava but I bet it's much worse than Caffeine too in this aspect.

Agreed, I have easy access to phenibut (I come from a country where its practically legal and over the counter and sold everywhere at pharmacies). First few experiences were awesome, but after a week of use I began feeling the horrible withdrawal feels everyone talks about in regards to Phen.

Anyways, thanks for the help guys! I guess what I'll try next is lower consumption to a minimum and avoid toking right before bed and see how that goes... I'll report back once I do come up with a routine that works for me (perhaps some people would find that useful and could use it as a guide to avoid wd problems).

At the moment I'm taking a week break (4 days in now) to clear up my mind. Get to test out how strong my willpower is! %)