• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

withdrawal from counterfeit xanax, kratom, or something else wrong? need some help

bearman3

Greenlighter
First post here, looking for help...

I was prescribed Klonopin many years ago for anxiety and eventually the doctor stopped prescribing it, which I had no problems with, enjoyed life for a long time without needing a benzo and was thankful.

Fast forward a few years later and anxiety crept back into my life, I ended up getting some of what I thought was xanax from a friend. I took a small amount (what I thought was 0.5mg) of it for about a month daily.
The effect was "similar" to xanax but it didn't seem right so I talked to a friend about why it seemed "different" than a normal benzo...

My friend's friend said there was a possibility it was actually a synthetic cannibinoid or something else, and not xanax. (This is what they actually may or may not be: https://www.ecstasydata.org/view.php?id=4047)
When I found this out, I quickly tapered off the stuff and totally stopped taking it.

Now, I also have been taking about 3-5 grams of kratom daily for a year and tapered off that as well, at about the same time.
I decided I want to get totally off everything, and I did, with a taper. I went from 5g a day to 1g of kratom a day for about a week and then stopped.

About a week after stopping both the kratom and the "fake xanax" I have been experiencing hell, and I need advice on what to do.
My withdrawal effects are hand shaking, muscle twitching, muscle pain, headache, vertigo, and feeling unable to make complete sentences while talking, and it feels like my mind is scrambling and shutting down. The weird thing is it happens for only a few hours each day and then stops, and I feel totally normal again...
But it's been getting worse each day, from feeling like eyes are rolling back in my head to last night I had to drop to the floor to collect myself and my mind, it's been hell...

My friend said she took the same "fake xanax" for about the same time I did, and didn't feel any withdrawal after stopping. At all, literally almost no withdrawal, nothing like I've been feeling.

What am I experiencing? I haven't read any kratom withdrawal similar to what I'm feeling, could it be a combination effect? What would you guys suggest in my case? I feel stupid for deciding to take this stuff and then finding it from my friend's friend that it very likely at this point was counterfeit xanax. I tried taking a genuine 100% authentic xanax tablet and it does NOTHING to help the withdrawal.. So this definitely isn't benzo withdrawal.

Please don't bash me for my stupidity, I have been trying to overcome anxiety problems for a very long time. Should I try to take only small doses of kratom to compensate? Any advice would be helpful.

Last edited:
First post here, looking for help...

I was prescribed Klonopin many years ago for anxiety and eventually the doctor stopped prescribing it, which I had no problems with, enjoyed life for a long time without needing a benzo and was thankful.

Fast forward a few years later and anxiety crept back into my life, I ended up getting some of what I thought was xanax from a friend. I took a small amount (what I thought was 0.5mg) of it for about a month daily.
The effect was "similar" to xanax but it didn't seem right so I talked to a friend about why it seemed "different" than a normal benzo...

My friend's friend said there was a possibility it was actually a synthetic cannibinoid or something else, and not xanax. (This is what they actually may or may not be: https://www.ecstasydata.org/view.php?id=4047)
When I found this out, I quickly tapered off the stuff and totally stopped taking it.

Now, I also have been taking about 3-5 grams of kratom daily for a year and tapered off that as well, at about the same time.
I decided I want to get totally off everything, and I did, with a taper. I went from 5g a day to 1g of kratom a day for about a week and then stopped.

About a week after stopping both the kratom and the "fake xanax" I have been experiencing hell, and I need advice on what to do.
My withdrawal effects are hand shaking, muscle twitching, muscle pain, headache, vertigo, and feeling unable to make complete sentences while talking, and it feels like my mind is scrambling and shutting down. The weird thing is it happens for only a few hours each day and then stops, and I feel totally normal again...
But it's been getting worse each day, from feeling like eyes are rolling back in my head to last night I had to drop to the floor to collect myself and my mind, it's been hell...

My friend said she took the same "fake xanax" for about the same time I did, and didn't feel any withdrawal after stopping. At all, literally almost no withdrawal, nothing like I've been feeling.

What am I experiencing? I haven't read any kratom withdrawal similar to what I'm feeling, could it be a combination effect? What would you guys suggest in my case? I feel stupid for deciding to take this stuff and then finding it from my friend's friend that it very likely at this point was counterfeit xanax. I tried taking a genuine 100% authentic xanax tablet and it does NOTHING to help the withdrawal.. So this definitely isn't benzo withdrawal.

Please don't bash me for my stupidity, I have been trying to overcome anxiety problems for a very long time. Should I try to take only small doses of kratom to compensate? Any advice would be helpful.

Oh my soul. I would never put anything in me without total confidence that this what I think it to be, then still reache the effect for the 7th time before dosing. Also pills from friends? Original packaging please or fuck off with your peasant pellets.

Oh my soul. I would never put anything in me without total confidence that this what I think it to be, then still reache the effect for the 7th time before dosing. Also pills from friends? Original packaging please or fuck off with your peasant pellets.

I definitely appreciate your "kind advice"... I said I already realize what I did wrong, and I'm looking for a way out. But thanks.

I definitely appreciate your "kind advice"... I said I already realize what I did wrong, and I'm looking for a way out. But thanks.

The problem is that if you don't exactly know what is the precise chemical makeup of the pills you will never conclude to it's equivalent opposite/antidote or even where to start with another chemical as treatment. Sorry, reading it now I come across a little harsh. But hey I'm fucking out on stuff that comes from mars so I'm running on sleep deprivation amphetamine psychosis now. But sleep, I will not.