• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Wisconsin To Drug Test People For Unemployment Benefits

slimvictor

Bluelight Crew
Republican Gov. Scott Walker of Wisconsin approved a law May 4 that will allow the state to perform drugs tests on those applying for unemployment benefits.

Under the new plan, employers can voluntarily supply drug test information on their prospective workers to the state. Those who fail the test or refuse to take it as part of their employment offer could then be denied unemployment insurance benefits unless they choose to undergo taxpayer-funded treatment.

The Walker administration is reportedly considering a similar program for those applying to receive food stamps, the Milwaukee Wisconsin Journal Sentinel reports. It is currently being considered in federal court.

"This new rule brings us one step closer to moving Wisconsinites from government dependence to true independence," Walker said, according to Fox News.

cont at
http://www.opposingviews.com/i/society/wisconsin-drug-test-people-unemployment-benefits

To bad they don't test their politicians for criminality and idiocy. Would have ruled out Scott Walker of Wisconsin a long time ago.

Quite a few states have done testing for different gov benefits to abysmal and very expensive results. I wonder if a drug testing company contributed to this criminals campaign fund. No one ever shows up hot in these. The truth is that everyone getting high on welfare gets their drugs legally from government healthcare.

Scott Walker is a true puppet puke... didn't even graduate college, has had many cohorts land in prison and the only reason he is not there himself is the Wisconsin supreme court is corrupt and promotes criminal behavior.

Scott Walker fails miserably to create any jobs, refuses to increase wages for existing jobs, attacks teacher unions, promotes a right to be a slave state and now is going to ask the public to fund what will amount to an expensive joke that he will profit off in some way.

Scott-Walker-800x430.jpg

Last edited:
Yep. Sounds like a real waste of taxpayer dollars. They did this in florida, and a percentage in the high nineties were clean. Personally I would have rather just told the people don't use drugs, and given them the drug test monies.

What a terrible waste of money and time, all in the name of some holier-than-thou perspective that says taking illegal drugs is immoral (but not alcohol, tobacco, prescription drugs...).

Meanwhile the police departments in Wisconsin have millions of dollars in equipment for spying on citizens but not enough money to pursue many rape cases or provide rape kits to all victims. :(

I wonder who owns stock in drug testing or owns the company they will be forcing the waste of tax dollars on. Whenever something like this gets proposed you must follow the money to make sure this isnt a corrupt idea... I bet someone is trying to make money off of this.

glad they found a way to get people that aren't under supervision to take UAs and attend treatment. This should be very concerning for most people but people are too busy congratulating themselves for being one of the 'good guys' to notice the huge breach of personal privacy. wonder which one of scotts bros got the contract?

moms on xanax and oxy are safe so long as they have the a-ok. pot smokers have to go to rehab. lol ok.