• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Will you ever really get the "first rush" from heroin again?

NorwegianElkhound

Bluelighter
Here's my story. I snorted heroin for a several months before trying IV for the first time (bad choice!) The day I tried it for the first time, it was december, and we were outside, so it was very difficult for my sitter to find a vein, and when he did, he missed most of it. A tiny bit did get in though, because it felt like vicodin the first time all over again. Several hours later, we tried it again, and he got ALL of it in that time. And I have NEVER felt anything so blissful, except for several weeks later when I took a shot after drinking several beers.
My question is, I hear people talking about how your first rush from heroin can never be beat...well, my first IV shot of heroin barely even got in!!! So the second time I shot that day, and actually did it correctly and got higher than I had ever been, was that not nearly as intense as it could have been? If not, then I really missed out because opiates are my drug of choice and that was supposed to be my once in a lifetime shining moment. But that second shot that he got all the way in, mmmmm. Can't forget it

That's what thier talking about, it's really just a mental thing ime. I haven't shot up in a long time, and I've got this memory in my mind of how great that first shot was. If I shot up today i'd be high as hell, but it would never live up to that memory. It's more of a pair of rose glasses than anything, your mind plays it up to be this wonderful thing

That's what thier talking about, it's really just a mental thing ime. I haven't shot up in a long time, and I've got this memory in my mind of how great that first shot was. If I shot up today i'd be high as hell, but it would never live up to that memory. It's more of a pair of rose glasses than anything, your mind plays it up to be this wonderful thing

Yeah, I've had quite a few rushes but the "first" one (second time that first day) had that "oh, shit!" feeling of shock when it first hits you, and it's a brand new feeling and you don't know what else to expect

Every rush for me if i wait enough feels like the first one, specially when youre withdrawing really bad the rush feels so good.and ive been using for 5 years.

Yeah once tolerance increases so does the rush. I find the rush is better when tapering to a super low dose a couple times/day and then banging 30-40mg. The rush here is better than taking 150mg when your tolerance is high. So to answer your question, no, you have not lost your ability to experience a rush, but every heroin user chases it forever increasing their dose. The rush is just better when you are opiate naive.

Basically for the first few years you are gonna be able to get massive rushes and awesome legs. Thats what is called the honeymoon period. After that its only occasionally that you get a decent rush and high. Its still possible just more difficult and rare. If the product isnt on the upper end of purity then forget about getting any rush or extended high.

Many shots were better than my first or second. Nothing is better than a shot of strong dope when you are dope sick.

There are also other pharmacuetical opioids much better than heroin to inject. Hydromorphone for example.

The whole "first shot" thing is hype IMO. Opiates are an aquired taste I think.

never tried it and i react terribly to opiates but i think you will feel it again. i also heard from friends that the more you do the stronger it will feel. remember to never do a higher amount alone and have the antidote ready just in case

With opioids, yes, very possible. I think this effect is mostly only true with stimulants, especially meth, and maybe MDMA to some extent.

Even 2 or 3 years into my heroin addiction I would occasionally get a fat shot after being very, very dopesick that outstripped my first few IV experiences by far

yeah you actually can get that rush again, I remember the first TBH I hit during extreme methadone withdrawals literally was almost more intense and pleasurable than my first time. also the first time I hit the fetty wop I was pretty righteously guzzled.

I?m my opinion, there is a tolerance that develops to opiates that removes the unique euphoria you get when trying a new opie. You may have shots that are stronger or better Dope but after enough shots you will never recapture the magic of when you first tried it. Abstaining for a long time will get much of it back but never all of it.

Now I?m not saying you won?t get Hugh or the high won?t be great. There?s just a certain something that once it?s gone it?s gone.

However, you will get that feeling from every new opiate you try. I got it from hydrocodone, oxy, oxymorphone, morphine, Dope, and even methadone when I first got on mmt. Never got it from codeine (not surprised) or hydromorphone (not sure about why not).

But it?s not like you ruined your chances of getting a good high or the ?first use euphoria? because you missed your shot.