• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Will this LSA extraction (from HBWR seeds) method work?

Jtripper

Greenlighter
So, I bought hawaiian baby woodrose seeds online that say 100% organic. Are these good seeds? Or do I have to buy the untreated kind?

I am fairly against many of the methods to extracting LSA, as they include soaking them in substances like lighter fluid... something tells me I don't want to do that. But if it is necessary and safe and the only option, so be it.

but what do you guys think of this: http://www.disregardeverythingisay.com/post/17272859336/simple-nausea-free-lsa-extraction-technique

Let me know what you think and/or if anyone has tried that method and any other (natural as possible) methods that have worked for you.

Hi and welcome to Bluelight, and PD! :)

The method you link to seems to be an 'embellished' cold-water extraction (CWE), the water is probably boiled to get rid of chlorine that may be in tap... I'd personally just use distilled or demineralized water which does not contain chlorine in the first place.

The lighter fluid (or other agents you might have seen mentioned in teks) is probably supposed to wash away cyanoglycosides that may be on the outer seed husk. This tek says to use garlic to neutralize those compounds that may be extracted along. While literature says that sulfur compounds acting as sulfur donors are needed to detoxify, I don't know if it is oversimplistic to assume one can just use the sulfuric compounds in garlic. It may be so that enzymes are needed that are in the human body. So while I am not sure of that, you may be taking a chance there.

I don't know if those seeds are any good, but if 100% organic should say anything it may be that they are untreated. Seeds being treated may be a myth anyway because people get sick from cyanoglycosides that are naturally on the outer shell husk. Or, some pesticides may also disagree with our tummies. So I don't know about the seeds, but I probably wouldn't worry.

LSA-containing seeds can produce side-effects anyway, inherently, so I am really not sure if you should stress about the type of addition on your regular water extraction you should perform.

Maybe you could just rub the seeds over some sandpaper to get rid of most of the seed husk, and use a smidgin of liquor to try and pull away the rest of the glycosides and leave it at that. Then just grind and add distilled water (you can buy it at hardware stores but also just regular supermarkets, for example to use in flatirons), let it settle and extract, and voilà.

Also, you can try reading this very current thread on another alternative that doesn't use lighter fluid, there shouldn't be much difference between morning glory seeds and HBWR seeds:
http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/724759-Morning-Glory-questions

Or our centralized mega-thread on LSA-seed extraction:
http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=123944

Last edited:
The simplest thing to do to reduce nausea with any LSA extraction, is to empty out a tea bag and put the seed material in that. That makes it very easy to filter out the seeds when the extraction is done - you just take the tea bag out of the glass of water and throw it away. :)

I actually tried adding some garlic to an extraction once. It made it taste very...interesting (not unpleasant, just weird), but the seeds were pretty old and I didn't really trip or get any nausea so I couldn't tell if it helped or not. But it's only garlic, it can't hurt.

Hi and welcome to Bluelight, and PD! :)

The method you link to seems to be an 'embellished' cold-water extraction (CWE), the water is probably boiled to get rid of chlorine that may be in tap... I'd personally just use distilled or demineralized water which does not contain chlorine in the first place.

The lighter fluid (or other agents you might have seen mentioned in teks) is probably supposed to wash away cyanoglycosides that may be on the outer seed husk. This tek says to use garlic to neutralize those compounds that may be extracted along. While literature says that sulfur compounds acting as sulfur donors are needed to detoxify, I don't know if it is oversimplistic to assume one can just use the sulfuric compounds in garlic. It may be so that enzymes are needed that are in the human body. So while I am not sure of that, you may be taking a chance there.

I don't know if those seeds are any good, but if 100% organic should say anything it may be that they are untreated. Seeds being treated may be a myth anyway because people get sick from cyanoglycosides that are naturally on the outer shell husk. Or, some pesticides may also disagree with our tummies. So I don't know about the seeds, but I probably wouldn't worry.

LSA-containing seeds can produce side-effects anyway, inherently, so I am really not sure if you should stress about the type of addition on your regular water extraction you should perform.

Maybe you could just rub the seeds over some sandpaper to get rid of most of the seed husk, and use a smidgin of liquor to try and pull away the rest of the glycosides and leave it at that. Then just grind and add distilled water (you can buy it at hardware stores but also just regular supermarkets, for example to use in flatirons), let it settle and extract, and voilà.

Also, you can try reading this very current thread on another alternative that doesn't use lighter fluid, there shouldn't be much difference between morning glory seeds and HBWR seeds:
http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/724759-Morning-Glory-questions

Or our centralized mega-thread on LSA-seed extraction:
http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=123944

thanks, that was very helpful.

The simplest thing to do to reduce nausea with any LSA extraction, is to empty out a tea bag and put the seed material in that. That makes it very easy to filter out the seeds when the extraction is done - you just take the tea bag out of the glass of water and throw it away. :)

I actually tried adding some garlic to an extraction once. It made it taste very...interesting (not unpleasant, just weird), but the seeds were pretty old and I didn't really trip or get any nausea so I couldn't tell if it helped or not. But it's only garlic, it can't hurt.

thanks. I'll probably be combining a couple of different extraction methods (the methods that say they don't risk losing potency) to reduce nausea, as throwing up kind of terrifies me.
Its not that big of a deal though, I will be tripping soon
:)