• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Will this combination of supplements do anything, or just make expensive urine?

Chelated Magnesium is magic for SNS based anxiety. Phenibut was wondrous for all sorts of anxiety however it is addictive, causes withdrawals and exhibits worse risky decision making behavior then being very drunk on alcohol imo so not really worth it.

Personally Kanna has worked well for anxiety for me especially when the source is drug abuse and/or withdrawal anxiety and seemingly has no addictive or withdrawal qualities which is the critical deciding factor for me with regards to any anxiety aid (i dont know if this is factual or not but seems to be the general consensus) but shouldnt really be used in conjuction with other stims or SSRI's.

Theanine is a phenomenal supplement from my experiences. I've taken it since I was 18 (over 6 years) when I got put on adderal and became really stressed out and anxious and randomly came across it at a health food store . I've been taking it ever since because it seems to help with soo many different things and has so many benefits (neuroprotective properties). From what I've read and experienced/tried there isn't a dose of Theanine that is too much or has any harmful effects. I'm also kind of surprised no one has said any of the next couple of supplements unless I missed it;
-Lemon balm: (especially the full spectrum extract) - Has been proven (through a few experiments/studies) to really help with relieving stress, anxiety, insomnia and also has antioxidant and other beneficial properties. http://www.cyracos.com/default.htm
-Chinese Skullcap: Contains flavones that have been reported to selectively bind with high affinity to central benzodiazepine receptor sites
-Bacopa Monnieri: Has been said a few different places (can't remember exactly where I read it) that it has components that bind to GABA receptors
-Picamilon: Phenylated GABA combined with Niacin that's able to cross the blood brain barrier
-Mucana Puriens (Dopa Bean): Contains L-DOPA which is converted right into dopamine and the other catecholamines
-Kava: In case no one has mentioned it
Haven't tried Picamilon and haven't used kava in a while but the rest have really helped me with my anxiety and to lower my benzo intake. Sorry for my lack of sources, way too tired and half asleep when I did this but I thought I could contribute and maybe provide some useful information. I just purchased a bottle of 30 300mg of full spectrum lemon balm extract and 200mg of Theanine per capsule. It's store brand so it saved me a little money. Very kick ass combination in my opinion

Kava's actually a pretty good one IMHO -- it has similar anti-anxiety effects to the GABA agents like phenibut or benzos, but does not appear to have as big of issues with tolerance or withdrawal (the mechanism is somewhat different from what I recall). The biggest problem is finding a good source, in my opinion. Many places are selling poor quality kava.

I'm thinking that an EGCG supplement made out of green tea might already contain theanine, sometimes that information isn't quantified though.

Yeah kava can honestly sometimes give you a little bit of an alcohol type feeling from my trials with it a few years ago. It can be pretty bad for your liver though, so I'd use that sparingly if you do decide to use it. The really potent and quality stuff is pretty expensive if I remember correctly but that could all depend on your vendor/source