• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Will This Be Fun...... Or Enlightening Perhaps Even?

LandsUnknown

Bluelighter
I went to bed like 1 last night and then I woke up this morning at 4:30 AM for unknown reasons and took a lot of pills, then today I saw some stuff this girl I had a crush on posted on her blog tonight while I was sitting in my room drinking this energy drink with a bunch of vodka. I didn't know about it, but I kind of think that perhaps that's the reason I got up..... because the stuff she said happened occurred around the time I awoke mysteriously. I'm thinking perhaps the reason why I strangely woke up in the first place may have been some sort of telepathy between me and her. Especially since I usually sleep late and haven't thought about her in well over a year. Though, maybe I'm just starting to get loopy from being up so long. Who the hell knows really, I have absolutely no clue. For some reason, I do kind of feel like that's probably why I got up though because I feel like the reason why I awoke was something telepathic with her most likely, though I'm not certain of this obviously...... and I know this sounds implausible..... yet it seems likely or perhaps I've actually been up long enough to start getting delusional. Not really sure which.

And I've been up and wide awake ever since 4:30, and then I drank a bunch of vodka and energy drinks tonight because I was tired as fuck but didn't feel like sleeping for some reason. Now, I can't really sleep and just feel quite strange. I doubt I'll be able to sleep at this point and I've been fucked up all day and all night and have been wide awake since 4:30 AM last night...... and I've been up nearly 24 hours and starting to feel a bit wonky from the sleep deprivation I think, it just feels different, just kinda fuzzy like..... hard to explain but I'm not tired at all which is weird. I kinda want to stay up to see what happens. I hear you can hallucinate if you stay up long enough, one friend of mine said it was quite interesting. Though, I'll probably end up passing out at like 5 in the morning or something, maybe even later. Who the hell knows. I've never been up much longer than 24 hours. I wonder what would happen if I stayed up all night and then was awake all day tomorrow. Would I start tripping balls at that point perhaps? Or not really? I've known some people who stayed awake to see what happened and one of them starting seeing stuff on day 2. So, perhaps it'll work for me if I do it. Should I go to bed tonight or stay up to see what happens if I just keep staying up. I'm starting to feel rather strange, so there just might be something to this whole stay up and hallucinate eventually thing. I don't know though. Has anyone had experiences with this. Already, while I'm watching TV, I kinda feel like I'm losing the plot a bit in a weird sort of way. It's just strange and I have real, real vivid memories of my dreams like they're real life kinda. I bet if I stayed up long enough I'd start straight up seeing shit, but how long does it take? This might be pretty cool if it works I think, I'll just have to see I suppose.

This isn't directly psychedelic related but I wasn't exactly sure where to post it........ since it has to do with hoping to trip somehow. It can work I've heard. A couple friends of mine stayed up for like 48+ hours on purpose and were tripping nuts. One said he saw this dude standing in his room that wasn't there and just freaked the fuck out for a second, his pupils got dilated like he was tripping..... then he just passed out. The other one just saw these weird looking bugs that weren't there and said she felt really dizzy. I know these don't exactly sound like glowing descriptions, but I just have always wanted to experience the whole sleep deprivation thing. Hopefully, I'll get a chance to :) I'll post back if anything weird happens, but every time I've tried to do this (and I've tried a few times) I've ended up passing out before anything really strange happened. If it takes days and days or something to hallucinate, I doubt I'll stick with this and just pass out. If I haven't passed out by the time I check back, I'd be curious for anybody with experience to tell me how long it takes to start seeing shit. Like if it was 36-48 hours or something, I think I'm sticking with it.

Last edited:
Sleep deprivation isn't tripping really, it's more like being delusional/psychotic. It's also really bad for you. I used to stay up for a day, night and another day fairly often back in 2006/2007, usually because I'd take DOC or AMT which last a long time and wouldn't ever go to bed, and I tend to easily be able to avoid sleep if I'm not already sleep deprived. I've actually never started to get delusional from it but I've never gone more than like 40-ish hours.

From what I understand though, sleep deprivation hallucinations are not fun, they tend to be frightening and confusing. Shadow people are common, and most people report them to be menacing and terrifying. Usually people get to this stage by binging on stimulants (which I don't recommend).

Sleep is essential for our brain to flush "leftovers" active chems and toxins from the brain using cerebrospinal fluid, physically. Recent research shows it - https://www.nih.gov/news-events/nih-research-matters/how-sleep-clears-brain

In my past, I have stayed up for 5 days and nights (not volunteerly) - I became very delusional, irritable, extremely paranoid, thinking that everything around me had something to do with me and my thoughts, I looked absolutely insane and I completely lost any sense of trust to anyone including myself. Not to mention how tired I was and how painful the body reflexes had become, add to that extreme perspiration, bloodshot dried eyes and sudden microsleeps that happen randomly every once in a while. Hallucinations included consistent shadow people in corners of my vision, flashes of memories from when I was a little child, feelings of impending doom, seeing myself die in many ways. I highly discourage making it a conscious effort to achieve these kind of mind states.

We have to respect sleep. :)