• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Will there ever be another LSD or MDMA?

S.J.B.

Bluelight Crew
In the 1960s, LSD had a tremendous, lasting impact on popular culture, particularly music. In the 1990s, MDMA played a similar role. Since then, there hasn't been anything that comes close. Will we ever have another drug like that? One that changes how a generation of young people spend their nights and what they listen to every day? It would have to be something very special, wouldn't it? And quite profoundly different. It's hard to imagine what such a thing could be. Because we've canvassed all the nooks and crannies of the psychopharmacopoeia... haven't we? But perhaps that's what people thought before MDMA came along.

Who knows, maybe it's already been made, but just hasn't been tasted yet, or by the right people. But that seems less likely in this day and age.

nice post ! but what is goin on. something for sure.
edit: or not. .

I firmly believe that once the doors of investigation and genuine scientific enquiry in these areas are flung open, whereas they are currently held closed by the insane drug laws of the world.

Once this happens, I thin we'll see an explosion of research into mild-altering compounds, especially psychedelics as they have a head start somewhat in terms of having a strong overlap between psychedelic researchers and psychedelic fans.

Moving being the one chemical model, perhaps we can come up with novel ways to produce intoxicated stated with a multi-pronged approach, firstly:

1) Intelligent planning and study in polydrug use opens a number of doors, which combinations are more than the sum of the parts - which compounds produce unpredicted and desirable effects (cue, toxicity evaluation and further study)- what effect does timing have on the experience.

2) We may be on the custp of some kind of true, high bandwidth, brain computer interface becoming available in our lifetimes. If this is the case we have another method entirely of manipulating our experiential landscape. Elon Musks "Neurolink" presentation had a brief segment at the end with a billboard and a lit of facets of our being which could be anylysed and manipulated - one of them being "mood"... The guy talking at the didn't dwell, perhaps anticipating all the dumb questions and irrelevant backlash (irrelevant for the foreseeable future anyway.

3) Technology may improve the drug landscape in other ways. Targeting, programmed nano-machines or nano-delivery devices might systematically stimulate one of more brain regions, or realise 1 or more substances in low calibrated doses at finely tuned intervals. The computers that produce the drugs themselves will advance too = already we take a somewhat brute force, computer assisted method to iterate through a list of imaginary compounds, quick ran basis in vitro experiences, and process from there. The medical computers of the future will be far more advanced if we turn deep learning algorithms on the entirely library of human knowledge of psychopharmacology, who knows what they'd come up with....

So in summary, I don't believe we have explored every nook and crannie of our psychoscape. For sure, every now and then a substance appears that is something of an archetype within it's class, and it's possible (though not guranteed) that the classes we assign as, in actual fact, a good reflection of our internal word, so while all drugs have their character, there may not be anything TRULY unique, as it, possessing an experience that is neither psychedelic, dissociative, stimulating, depressing, or whatever other category of subjective drug effects you can think of. But what should be possible is to fine tune what we already have.

Look closer, get to the root of the damaging and harmful side effects. Edit with the aim to remove. I invite you to envision some miracle drug in the form of a small robot pellet which is actually a very small AI controlled drug delivery system. The calculated contents and timings are designed to give you a feeling of transcendental beauty of the world - when you relax - you will trip hard. When something serious happens, your brain miraculously clears up, you feel like you're on meth, but if you ever had a bad experience, this is not this. You feel amazing and fully capable of tackling this previously annoying thing you had to deal with. Overlaying this, over your entire day you're just open, serene, and connected to people. You may as well be on MDMA, your emotions are so free... but the physical side effects are just nonexistent - gone. Your heart rate is normal, your're not sweating loads, and you can have a beautiful, open conversation with someone, with anyone! Without rolling your eyes back into your head every 5 minutes and also without weirding them out - and not because they're on this too - although they are, because why wouldn't they be? Miracles like this are prescribed to everyone in our utopia. :giggle:

You have to do some work stuff - invoke Meth Mode again, plain old dextroamphetmaine, maybe just modifinal - just whatever stimulant drug can make you focus like a machine, But you don't forget to eat, you could sleep if you wanted, these side effects are either removed or effectively blocked entirely by the "smart drug" delivery system.

Say you have a date later with someone you've only seen a few times before. You're not nervous in the slightest, just excited, and determined that it does well. For nervoursness, especially socially in our relatively safe, highly advanced towns and cities, is just not desired or needed in this instead. You head to the date and it does indeed go well, you're both connecting like horny wildfire - this is a drunk date, to some extent, but neither of you are drunk. Quite the opposite. You are both lucid and clear, and most definitely unimpaired. You discuss the quirks and nuances of your own more surface aspects of your Daily Dose (TM), ie, trips when sitting down, a sparkly effect visible on moth flats surfaces. These are state issues medicines to correct the inbuilt human pains of being alive, not everyone is the same, not everyone's brain is the same, and some people may setting on custom formulae after discussing it with their doctor.

Anyway, the date goes well, as most do now between fundamentally nice, polite and compassionate people - and even between people who fit none of those descriptions - because unencumbered by nervousness, stress, depression, anxiety and all the wonderful quirks of being a human being, people are true FREE to be who the desire themselves to be, and to present themselves openly and honestly to all others. This is itself means that more people end up with more friends, more easily, more gets done because of the spirit of almost boundless altruism and desire to pursue a goal, a desire upgraded from a mere suggestion in the past as a way to find passions for living, to something actually induced, encoding by external factors. People are interesting and almost everyone has fascinating story to tell if you can out of yourself enough just to see it. Most dates do go well in this world - everyone has an incredible story about just being alive, and the more people realise this, on both sides of the conversation, I believe the more compassionate and forgiving we'll be... Even if it does fizzle out later, of course they are far fewer hard feelings - explosive endings are just vanishing rare.

The day ends, and detecting your circadian cycle twitching, because slow release of stuff to make you sleep deeper, better, nicer. You wake up feeling genuinely create, youir body and your implanted drug delivery system having started to bleed essential vitamins into you as it detect's you are close to waking, as well as the archetypal, top of the range "morning drug". However it didn't really need to do that. You would have woken up feeling great anyway - you've been in this 24/7 mind-augmentation medicine for a few years now, and the neural pathways and habits of thought are so encoded thata few days break, a week, months or more, will not do significant harm. The smart drug module cleans up after itself, and the drugs used were cutting edge adaptations of earlier substances, redesigned entirely with over vital caveat - they CANNOT have a destabilitizing effect on the min, They must take nothing but sadness and leave only traces.

May have meandered a bit of topic there. But in sum I think it's totally possible that there will be substances in future that would given us access to a facet of consciousness that we just don't even know about now. The scenario I described was focusing on the healthcare system in this future Substance-aware, Substance-friendy version of the future days of human kind. So this is in the corporate setting. Just imagine what would be going on on the recreational labs!

I'm gonna say nah...

with the stipulation that if psychoactive substance research/experimentation were legal, maybe. LSD and MDMA became so widespread because of initial legality permitting the scientific community to investigate their uses.

Every time I see a picture of/movie with Cary Grant, I think, "Lol, that guy had LSD psychotherapy. Neat!"

I think MXE had the potential to be on the level culturally that MDMA and LSD have been. To boot MXE is far more addictive than LSD or MDMA...which should help its popularity explode even more. Maybe MXE is too weird for the casual user though and its more a psychonauts treasure.

MXE really has it all. It just needs to be mass produced and released in large quantities on society by the cartels. get to work boys!

The potential for some true PCP-esque epidemic of naked zombie people eating face is there with MXE too, so its probably best if it doesn't get too popular.

^ As a psychonaut and dissociative fan I was not impressed with MXE, it's hard to put my finger on exactly why except that multiple times I'd find myself frantically sad about some weird scenario that wasn't even reality in my head. Combining with weed consistently gave me an impending sense of absolute dread. Even trying to hole and just sitting around, Id re-emerge just distressed and with major amesia. I'm sure I had some good experiences on it too, probably the first few times, probably with only lower doses, realistically, but after that it just never seemed to quite agree with me.

Maybe I'm in the minor fraction of less than 1%, or at least the minority. Besides that I concur that is likely just too weird for most people.

I think MXE had the potential to be on the level culturally that MDMA and LSD have been.
I think it had enough exposure that if it had that capacity it would have gone somewhere, but it disappeared (more or less) as soon as it was broadly banned. Of the class, ketamine has the most staying power and significance (helped along by its broad medical use and, therefore, availability), but the dissociatives are not the right formula to become a cultural phenomenon, I don't think - and if they were, they would have by now.

Last edited:
I think MXE had the potential to be on the level culturally that MDMA and LSD have been. To boot MXE is far more addictive than LSD or MDMA...which should help its popularity explode even more. Maybe MXE is too weird for the casual user though and its more a psychonauts treasure.

MXE really has it all. It just needs to be mass produced and released in large quantities on society by the cartels. get to work boys!

The potential for some true PCP-esque epidemic of naked zombie people eating face is there with MXE too, so its probably best if it doesn't get too popular.

MXE in my view really had a lot of things to it, though this isn't for everyone it helped me with heroin withdrawl & also PAWS, it stopped my ex who was a manic depressive & also cut herself pack that stuff in & come to terms with deep issues from childhood while in a "hole" from it, I have really bad dyspraxia & I could actually function like a "normal" human when on MXE for some reason & do stuff 99.9% of the globe take as granted daily. MXE for me was a true God send.

The potential for some true PCP-esque epidemic of naked zombie people eating face

The 2nd best disso I've ever tried was 4-MeO-PCP, that had some really religious aspects to it when done at around 125 - 200mg range but several times I'd totally black out, fill my jeans will urine etc & only notice when I came round. I once fell down the stairs too, I was lucky to not break my neck or even die, I also punched out a glass window after having watching the telly & it said the Illumanti were coming to kill me & I punched out a window to escape then got stuck & decided I needed to remove my clothes, the neighbours heard me screaming & saw me half naked pouring blood all over the place.

Apart from that I loved 4-MeO-PCP

LSD has always left me feeling cold & I'm not a huge fan & never have been myself, my body seems a lot more happy taking tryptamines & phenethylamines.
MDMA I also have never been a huge fan of & I just don't get the huge love for it, now MDA though is quite a different thing.

I firmly believe if more kids these days had a nice dose of MDA they would never look at MDMA again.

To me MXE was absolute magic, I had spontaneous knowledge of real-world skills enter my mind before that was verified by others who had prior knowledge. I would find myself knowing when someone was about to do something. I had to use it quite a few times to really "get it", I didn't care for it at first. MXE really did have it all. I'm also surprised how many people I run into in real life know about or have tried MXE and talk about how much they miss it. I do truly think it's weird that no one is making it even though it's perfectly legal in various significant jurisdictions.

Hard to say. There one drug class that hasn't had much cultural influence IMO yet is dissociatives like ketamine, DXM, MXE, etc. Yet they're not all that new either, and they haven't really had all that much cultural impact yet. So, perhaps it wasn't really meant to be. As for whether a whole new class of drugs would be discovered, it's possible, but honestly I think it's unlikely.

Damn, forgot I posted in this thread. Chalk that typo ridden spiel up to a solo cocaine and zopiclone binge. Still I stand by my general point, hard though that may be to parse.

We may well have a good idea right now of the general landscape of the human psyche, with the remaining exploration being mainly limited to getting a better idea of some finer detail via the various ever-expanding catalogue of analogues. But the future will bring more sustainable, functional, even nootropic highs that we can incorporate into our daily lives and eventually genetic code, and thereby elevate the baseline state of human consciousness.

I was thinking about this again today. It's been well over ten years since we've had even a minor phenomenon like mephedrone. I would be very grateful to see an LSD or MDMA happen again in my lifetime, even if I were too old to quite get it. :)

It needs to be a drug with unique properties never before found in a drug to get to that level. I’ve often wondered this myself..

That’s why I need to keep hunting through potential natural psychoactives, maybe one day I can stumble upon something so valuable it becomes that next big substance. There’s gotta be something still hidden out there waiting to be discovered.

-GC

It needs to be a drug with unique properties never before found in a drug to get to that level. I’ve often wondered this myself..

That’s why I need to keep hunting through potential natural psychoactives, maybe one day I can stumble upon something so valuable it becomes that next big substance. There’s gotta be something still hidden out there waiting to be discovered.

-GC
I feel like dissociatives could be that.

Yeah, second that. But dissociatives, besides in low dosages, aren't as social as specially MDMA but also LSD and might be (remotely) more comparable to opioids/heroin. But they are unique in mimicking multiple other drugs depending on the dosage and of course having an own character. Also because of the nature of RCs we don't have 'the' disso but an ever changing availability of multiple chemicals. K seems to having gained quite some popularity in the last decade and MXE was quite famous as well in some countries.

I wonder if science will discover some yet unknown neurotransmitter / receptors leading to completely new classes of drugs? Even dopamine has been known just for a few decades.

I may have found some interesting dissociative/s in Melipona Honey but still in exploratory stages.

I mean Ketamine is becoming extremely popular, I just don’t feel it’s had the cultural impact of MDMA and LSD due to its much slower trickle into the mainstream. MDMA and LSD were overnight sensations.

-GC

Mephedrone definitely got huge. I like to refer to it as one of the new classics.

I consider it this because it was so freaking good and it's illegal most places now yet its cheaper now than when it was legal.

People want it. They're likely to want it forever even.

Same thing with bk-MDMA. Another new classic.

I feel 5-MAPB earned that spot for me, it’s one I consider nearly a necessity now in my toolbox. But I don’t see it ever having the same cultural impact due to its safety profile. (MDMA can be used more safely in a haphazard way.)

BK-MDMA was definitely good but less spiritually powerful compared to the real deal. More about the recreational side of the roll. I do miss it though, kinda wish I would’ve actually bought bulk and saved but shit happens. I liked its lighter easier to handle vibe.

4-AcO-DMT is another great one but just isn’t unique enough to ever take off. The drug needs to be a unique experience people have never had before.

-GC