• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Will taking Subutex after Kratom cause precipitated withdrawal?

Swimswimmelson123

Greenlighter
So Im about to kick a h habit and I was thinking about possibly taking Kratom to get through my withdrawal period before getting back on my Subutex and I was just curious if anyone knew if it's possible to going to precipitated withdrawal after taking Kratom and then Subutex

Hey swim! Welcome to Bluelight! AKA The Dog Pound. At least, I call it that.

So, this one is pretty straightforward. We were just discussing in another thread how it not exactly well-known that Kratom is an Opioid by way of the Mitragynine found in the plant and its preparations. Some data indicate that Mitragynine is a full agonist i.e. like Morphine or a partial agonist i.e. like Buprenorphine. Either way, you can assume that taking Kratom preparations or extracts is going to produce some level of Opioid tolerance in you, which you can assume would be affected by taking any drug that antagonizes Opioids like Buprenorphine, Naltrexone, Naloxone etc.

It's mostly going to depend upon how much Kratom you're using. I think, just because Mitragynine isn't super potent, that inducting with Buprenorphine won't be incredibly painful, but you don't want to take Buprenorphine until you are feeling effects of withdrawal, just like you would with any other Opioid. Does that make sense?