• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Will taking kratom after methadone cause precipitated withdrawels?

Bluesean

Greenlighter
I learned the hard way that taking subs after methadone cause precipitated withdrawels.
I missed my 90 mg dose if methadone friday morning. I got a sub and took it an hour after my normal dosage of methadone and i was in hell all day.
I got my saturday dose today at 7am but i still feel shitty. BETTER but atil not great.
Ive taken kratom a lot in my life to eas withdrawels.
I want to know if it will cause the same thing as suboxone.
I dont care if i cant feel the kratom cuz if the methadone what i care about is getting the awful precipitated withdrawels again and going through living hell all day again.

Aw, my questions never get answered. Its like all my issues with drugs are things only ive experienced.

Kratom after MD will not cause precipitated WD. You probably won't get high. But it won't kick you into WD. Suboxone does because of the naloxone in it.

Kratom after MD will not cause precipitated WD. You probably won't get high. But it won't kick you into WD. Suboxone does because of the naloxone in it.
Thats what i hoped to hear. Thanks you for the response!

The only thing that will put you into Precipitated W/D is suboxone, and it's not really because of the naloxone, but because it is a partial agonist and it knocks off other opiates from the receptors and is replaced with bupe (the main ingredient in suboxone).

Think of it like this, methadone covers 100%, but suboxone only covers 50%, so when you took the suboxone it basically kicked 50% off all at once, causing you straight hell.

I have done a lot of kratom this year. So much that I got hooked and actually got some pretty uncomfortable withdrawals from it. Also it eventually stopped working for me, now it just makes feel sick and depressed and it gives me these weird dizzy spell brain zap sensations.

I never went through the kratom withdrawals and got clean, I just switched back to heroin.

I have noticed kratom still holds some value for me though. If I start to get dopesick a dose of kratom will ease the restless legs, and overall just make everything a bit more bearable.

What I found amazing about kratom yesterday was it's ability to ease a crystal meth comedown. I was in incredible pain, no sleep, my legs ached horribly like they had been beaten with a bat, and I just felt completely out of sorts. I was actually in heroin withdrawal too because I hadn't done any in over 24 hours.

I took approximately 4-5 grams of head shop kratom and within 20 minutes all of my symptoms disappeared completely, I felt perfectly fine and actually fell asleep.

I used to wonder if kratom has any suboxone/narcan type effects and I think it sounds possible since kratom has so many different alkaloid profiles but I have done several different kratom/opiate combos and never once had a negative experience.

I have done kratom and heroin at the same time and if anything they seemed to potentiate each other. I have done kratom and oxycodone together with the same result.

I have done kratom hours after a heroin dose but not long enough to have my receptors cleared and either felt a little better or no different, but definitely no precip.

I have done kratom a few hours before getting H and I still felt the H like normal.

Kratom is weird, and should not be combined with quote a few things, specifically anything with any type of antidepressant property.
It seems perfectly fine to take with other opiates though, and at anytime with any level of opiate in your system. There seems to be no risk of precipitated withdrawals.

Kratom seems like it may be a potential god send for a meth comedown apparently (not assuming you do that just sharing my experience) but I believe those two could be dangerous at the same time.

I take them together all the time. I use maeng da and Bail. There is zero withdrawal.