• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Will Phenibut give me recreational effects if baclofen does nothing for me?

Juicewrldfan

Bluelighter
Just curious, will Phenibut do nothing for me if baclofen is ineffective for me? I had a bottle of baclofen and tried to get recreational effects and I got absolutely zero effects. It was a bottle my wife had laying around for quite some time so maybe they were ineffective because they were old yet they were stored in a prescription bottle mad in the darkness of our hutch cuboard that never gets opened really.

Also I am 228 lbs if that matters and I don’t abuse benzos. I just never really cared for
the high benzos give.

Also do I have to fast with Phenibut? I have some a sample coming tomorrow and not sure if it will work.

Just curious, will Phenibut do nothing for me if baclofen is ineffective for me? I had a bottle of baclofen and tried to get recreational effects and I got absolutely zero effects. It was a bottle my wife had laying around for quite some time so maybe they were ineffective because they were old yet they were stored in a prescription bottle mad in the darkness of our hutch cuboard that never gets opened really.

Also I am 228 lbs if that matters and I don’t abuse benzos. I just never really cared for
the high benzos give.

Also do I have to fast with Phenibut? I have some a sample coming tomorrow and not sure if it will work.
There is some evidence that it also affects gaba A receptors, however, I can't answer your question other than detail that difference from baclofen.

Potentially. Phenibut has more recreational potential than baclofen (which seems like it has zero). But the effect is inconsistent.

Personally I don't really get any recreational effects from either baclofen or phenibut (though occasionally ill get some enjoyable hypomania from phenibut, as well an increased appreciation for music). The only gabapentinoid I've found to have clear recreational effects is pregabalin. That said, it is fairly common to hear people saying that they find phenibut to have recreational effects, whereas I've never heard anyone rave about baclofen.

Also do I have to fast with Phenibut?
Probably too late but no.
I will eat 4-6 saltines with a dose as early as possible (if it is HCL or otherwise). Has caused some weird dreams if I peak during sleep.
I do find that dosage may matter in time to peak.
Like 200mg can put ya to a restful sleep sometimes and acts fairly quickly, IME.
Say a g and a half early in the am may take up to five hours to peak and stays there forever it seems sometimes. Think I took a g yesterday afternoon and am just feeling the effects lol (dose dependent to me) Shit is funny like that ime. When I do take a lower dose (say a gram) it takes about 10 hours to "peak". Yeah I know weird... years of self experiments has taught me this of how it affects me.
And the comment above somewhere what receptor interaction is also dose dependent, iirc.
Be careful, yeah?
Peace

Thanks everyone for your replies.

Well I’m slightly, just a little bit concerned because well I started with 1mg HCL oral around 11am. I just was determined to not redose but I waited 4 hours at least and dosed 500mg at 2pm because I wasn’t really feeling anything and I took it on an empty stomach.

Fast forward 4pm I didn’t feel anything still but I didn’t want to redose yet again so instead I took 7 grams of kratom which does not give me the opiate effects. I only get the antidepressant and very light stimulant effects.

Well it’s 530pm now and I feel great. I think the Phenibut probably kicked in and now I think I shouldn’t of redosed. I smoked some delta 8 out my vape.

Anyway I was just curious, because I guess it’s the wannabe scientist me what my bp was on Phenibut yet I realize it’s not accurate because I used other substances on top of it but those are mild to me. Well my bp was good was 126/86 but my heart rate was 160!

It’s now 146 is this a safe heart rate to maintain for a few hours?

I am not feeling anything bad at all. No chest pain no anxiety, really I just feel good.

Does Phenibut have vasodilation properties because I notice my vessels are wide in my hands and perhaps the increased blood flow causes the heart rate increase? While keeping the bp normalish?

I am pretty sure my heart rate stays high like this when I have done meth and mdma. So it’s likely fine but just thought I’d check.

Know I'm late, but phenibut is something that I feel you have to take a few times before it really has effect. Once you have experience with it it definitely feels great, too much will make you extremely sleepy though. Phenibut and kraton, with a stim and some drinks is amazing, between 2.5-3.8g is my ideal dose, I would suggest staggering the doses, so I would normally do 1g-.5g an hour later and so on