• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Will my intense high leave?!

Deakan

Greenlighter
Hi, I'm new to this sight and I came here seeking help, so about the age of 16 I started smoking pot, then it turned into a lot of it and like all the time besides before school and during school. I loved it the high was so chill and amazing right before I turned 17 I got caught and was in deep shit. So I had to stop for a little over a year ... Well I finally turned 18 and moved out and have tried smoking now a couple times again but now when I smoke with a friend or by my self the high is so intense I like hear and feel my heart beet faster it scares me and I just kinda feel lost and no longer attached I love smoking and the old high also for like 4-6 days after I kind of feel off like de attached from reality at times more than others. Why is all this and will I build a tolerance to this? I really miss smoking!

If you keep smoking regularly or often, even just on weekends a few times a month yes you will get a tolerance to cannabis.

Other people who post here on bluelight have experienced what you have with not feeling grounded in reality while high, or the next day or few days after using cannabis, so I'm sure they'll read this post and comment.

yeah, i've been there, your tolerance went back down and i assume you started smoking the same amount you were before you quit. Even after a week off its a lot more intense and longer lasting. anything over a month off and i would get very anxious and i wouldn't be thinking straight. but i'm usually an anxious person.

After a T-Break, one hit is often enough, literally. The urge to smoke more just gets to me because i like smoking. increase your intake slowly as the weeks go by and you'll be back to your happy stoner self in no time

'Uncomfortable' feelings are worse with some strains than with others, at least for me. I do get a kind of social awkwardness (which may be mostly in my head) when I'm high sometimes - especially when I'm super stoned. It almost feels, as you say, lost and unattached.

I also get a fast heart beat sometimes while high - at times approaching 180 bpm. There are things you can do to help alleviate this:

1: Switch up your strains: I had a strain a while back that raised my heart rate through the roof. When I picked up a bag of a new strain, it wasn't as bad. You may not find the one on the first try though - it may take some trial and error.

2. Supplement yourself: Take vitamins and minerals, especially B-complex vitamins, Potassium (bananas have a *lot*) and Magnesium. For me, these in particular seem to help reduce the raised heart rate / anxiety cannabis can sometimes cause. They will also make you feel better in general. Alfalfa is a helpful addition as well.

3. Watch your intake: Sometimes, especially when I'm about to venture out into public, I find it better to be only a *little* high - not 8 bong rips in.

I hope this helps.