• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Cocaine Will my heart be OK or is it permanently damaged by now?

brifkin33

Bluelighter
In a previous post I mentioned that when I snort coke I do as much as I physically can sniff at once to get a great euphoric high. However, what follows within a few hours is extreme pain and sharp jolting sensations in my chest cavity. Every ER visit and annual physical has resulted in doctors stating I am in great health (low cholesterol, triglycerides, blood pressure, normal heart size, etc). I have done cocaine at least 20-30x where I felt uncomfortable chest tightening and palpitations which lasted for hours. With that being said I also run and lift weights weekly. I also eat a pretty healthy diet. I know we are not cardiologists (maybe someone is?) but what are the chances I have done irreversible damage to the heart muscle by using cocaine the past 5 years? I have one month clean but would I still have heart issues years later if I continue to remain clean? Or would exercise, a good diet, and staying sober prevent any heart issues from appearing from my cocaine using days? Just looking for opinions rather than expertise. I am mid 30s BTW

In a previous post I mentioned that when I snort coke I do as much as I physically can sniff at once to get a great euphoric high. However, what follows within a few hours is extreme pain and sharp jolting sensations in my chest cavity. Every ER visit and annual physical has resulted in doctors stating I am in great health (low cholesterol, triglycerides, blood pressure, normal heart size, etc). I have done cocaine at least 20-30x where I felt uncomfortable chest tightening and palpitations which lasted for hours. With that being said I also run and lift weights weekly. I also eat a pretty healthy diet. I know we are not cardiologists (maybe someone is?) but what are the chances I have done irreversible damage to the heart muscle by using cocaine the past 5 years? I have one month clean but would I still have heart issues years later if I continue to remain clean? Or would exercise, a good diet, and staying sober prevent any heart issues from appearing from my cocaine using days? Just looking for opinions rather than expertise. I am mid 30s BTW

Sounds like palpitations, distressing but not necessarily fatal.sorry for saying it but staying clean from now will not alter any damage you have done. If you have no symptoms other than when using probably OK. Need an echo cardiogram to be sure.
Hey I have had 2 heart attacks already, not the death sentence they used to be.

take it from a HEAVY crack smoker. until your chest bursts, youre fine without a worry in the world, what you SHOULD worry about is the prolonged vasoconstriction of habitual constant use (daily or more often) which overtime will inevitable lead to death via Enlarged heart/vessel damage cause by constriction, this is typically only for 4-5/7 day a week users however, 1-3 times a week aint gonna kill ya m8, but take care of yourself and stay as healthy as you can, but you should not go for 'as high as youre physically capable' because i can tell you where that road goes but you already know, if youre looking for a better high and snorting huuuuuge amounts, i cant EVER reccomend its use, but try smoking crack-cocaine, but thats another demon in itself

OP you would be wise to completely stop using coke if your heart is in that much pain afterwards, quite seriously, and I think you know this. You may indeed be causing irreversible heart damage, and the next time you do coke suffer sudden heart death (SCA). Please try to stop what you've been doing or at least use less.

OP you would be wise to completely stop using coke if your heart is in that much pain afterwards, quite seriously, and I think you know this. You may indeed be causing irreversible heart damage, and the next time you do coke suffer sudden heart death (SCA). Please try to stop what you've been doing or at least use less.
I somtimes fucking wish i got such negatives as he does from coke to deter my use of it

Thank you all for your replies and concern. I am clean and attending NA meetings (one day at a time). Now off to the gym....

I thought I remember Dr. Drew aging that cocaine kills heart tissue. I told that to my uncle, and he said if that’s the case, he shouldn’t have any heart tissue left.

If you are truly worried, you should just go ahead and invest in an Electrokardiogram (EKG). This is the test where they put stickers on various parts of your body and then measure the electrical activity of your heart. It's not going to be a fool-proof test, but I think it could help put your mind at ease.