• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Will methadone cover up a heavy heroin (actually it's likely a mixture of fentanyl analogs, U-47700, and xylazine) habit for the most part?

purplehaze147

Bluelighter
I finally have an appointment on Monday to see methadone doctor. I was trying for like a year but they wouldn't accept me because I was prescribed buprenorphine (Subutex). I get other goodies from the Subutex doctor like dextroamphetamine (Dexedrine) and eszopiclone (Lunesta) so I didn't eat to tell him the Subutex wasn't working and that I was using.

I'm really nervous because the only 'heroin' that completely eliminates the withdrawal is found out in Kensington in Philadelphia, PA. I'm from New Jersey. New Jersey is known for some good dope but it doesn't matter how much I do.

I always hear dealers in Philadelphia saying "Fetty and Tranq". I think it's a high probability that the tranquilizer is xylazine. Xylazine is a tranquilizer used for large farm animals. It's similar to clonidine, with it's primary mechanism being alpha-2 adrenergic agonism and being more complex/dirty acting similar to a tricyclic antidepressant and a pretty wide range beyond what they affect.

I'm screwed aren't I? By the way I've tried rehab so many times. Don't try to talk me out of getting methadone, but how to I address this animal tranquilizer issue. I don't know if clonidine substitutes or if they'll give that on methadone. It may be something else.

By the way, sometimes the 'heroin' doesn't even show for fentanyl, which leads me to believe U-47700 is being used. It's nickname is 'pink heroin' and this batch I really like has a slight pink tink. What happens if they can't find anything? I'm extremely physically dependent, I need it to go to work.

By the way, I'm not sure if an opiate or opioid fentanyl analog is going to show up. There's obviously an opioid in it, but I'm pretty sure mostly RC's since my favorite stamp doesn't show up as fentanyl or anything on labs according to the people I talked to. I will however test positive for methamphetamine, cocaine, benzodiazepines, and THC. If I say I only used occasionally and had a rough week with a promise of not using would that be okay?

Last edited:
Can you afford your habit when you go to work? Can you score and not have to be sick during work? Can you afford the necessities and some small luxuries in life if so I would say keep using as you don't seem to have much of a choice. Xylazine withdrawal would be quite dangerous.

Get yourself down to a manageable dose where clonidine might have a chance of dealing with the xylazine withdrawal and methadone in high dose will deal with fentalouges.

Be safe.

Can you afford your habit when you go to work? Can you score and not have to be sick during work? Can you afford the necessities and some small luxuries in life if so I would say keep using as you don't seem to have much of a choice. Xylazine withdrawal would be quite dangerous.

Get yourself down to a manageable dose where clonidine might have a chance of dealing with the xylazine withdrawal and methadone in high dose will deal with fentalouges.

Be safe.
Just barely getting by, but still a functioning addict who works everyday and always has some. It's just comes with a terrible quality of life having to live with that burden.

Damn I don't know, if it doesn't work out the methadone clinic might not accept me again anywhere in the near future.

Working to use, using to work.

I don't like NA, but I like some of the personalities and a lot of their sayings and slogans.

Why would the clinic not accept you again? They deal with heroin addicts. We are not known for our punctuality or reliability!! I'm sure addicts there are on and off the clinic constantly!?

Like my mother who is in fear of "contempt of court" if she retracts her statement.
Crying she doesn't want me to go to jail even though I said for ages and ages that this would happen, so long for her and my father to cop on, a verbal argument will get me 6 months at least if nothing else it will activate my suspended sentence.

I will get methadone but no benzos, I will be coming off a 10 year valium prescription.

Sorry, rant over. Feel your pain.

Working to use, using to work.

I don't like NA, but I like some of the personalities and a lot of their sayings and slogans.

Why would the clinic not accept you again? They deal with heroin addicts. We are not known for our punctuality or reliability!! I'm sure addicts there are on and off the clinic constantly!?

Like my mother who is in fear of "contempt of court" if she retracts her statement.
Crying she doesn't want me to go to jail even though I said for ages and ages that this would happen, so long for her and my father to cop on, a verbal argument will get me 6 months at least if nothing else it will activate my suspended sentence.

I will get methadone but no benzos, I will be coming off a 10 year valium prescription.

Sorry, rant over. Feel your pain.
Turns out there's some kind of barbiturate in there. I originally suspected a GABAA PAM. I wonder which one. It must have been made clandestine, since no law abiding laboratory really makes them anymore in any significant quantities except for phenobarbital which is weak as hell. Prisons can't even get a few grams for lethal injections a lot of times.

I actually picked up a different stamp over the weekend and ended up seizing out and whacking my head on either the wall or floor a couple times as I regained consciousness. I have my preferred stamp now and I'm fine. Scary shit. Hopefully there's not xylazine it too. Hopefully the lab will test for that. No opiate in any of them, but maybe some type of fentanyl - not sure since it's not on their instant. I'm curious what opioid/s it is.

Turns out there's some kind of barbiturate in there. I originally suspected a GABAA PAM. I wonder which one. It must have been made clandestine, since no law abiding laboratory really makes them anymore in any significant quantities except for phenobarbital which is weak as hell. Prisons can't even get a few grams for lethal injections a lot of times.

I actually picked up a different stamp over the weekend and ended up seizing out and whacking my head on either the wall or floor a couple times as I regained consciousness. I have my preferred stamp now and I'm fine. Scary shit. Hopefully there's not xylazine it too. Hopefully the lab will test for that. No opiate in any of them, but maybe some type of fentanyl - not sure since it's not on their instant. I'm curious what opioid/s it is.
jesus, i hope they can find what's in it/what you need to be stabilized on.... what does this feel like to shoot?? like dope??

Me and my husband used methadone for yrs after coming off a huge oxy habit (I snorted 12-80mg oxy a day and that was the low amt.) So we "tried" to get clean and went on methadone. Of course we just switched one habit for another. When we quit methadone's we were snorting 22- 10mg methadone a day. I've done every drug under the sun and methadone was by far the worst detox I've ever gone through. I'm prescribed 8mg Subutex 4x a day and was taking those for a yr or so. But started shooting heroin. I wanna start taking the subs again but just don't want any dts. I wish you the best of luck on the methadone. Quitting heroin sux no matter if you have something or not to detox

Me and my husband used methadone for yrs after coming off a huge oxy habit (I snorted 12-80mg oxy a day and that was the low amt.) So we "tried" to get clean and went on methadone. Of course we just switched one habit for another. When we quit methadone's we were snorting 22- 10mg methadone a day. I've done every drug under the sun and methadone was by far the worst detox I've ever gone through. I'm prescribed 8mg Subutex 4x a day and was taking those for a yr or so. But started shooting heroin. I wanna start taking the subs again but just don't want any dts. I wish you the best of luck on the methadone. Quitting heroin sux no matter if you have something or not to detox
I've been on methadone before. 100mg. They cut me off without a taper too lol. I got my first dose today, 30 mg, and it definitely took the edge off but I still have withdrawal symptoms such as yawning, teary eyes, mood swings, anxiety, runny nose, and a little restlessness.... And that's with adding a small amount of dope 5 hours later due to the discomfort. The dose isn't high enough. I have a life, I can't just be out of commission and expect things to be fine later on.

Glad the 30mg took the edge off. You just need to keep telling them over and over it's not enough until you get to a place where you're fairly comfortable.

Don't worry if it takes a little while to adjust to the methadone, just give it a few days/weeks.

Take care and glad you're getting off the dodgy fentadope. Sounds like bad news.