• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

will Kratom ever work again? forced to be sober.....

strity1994

Bluelighter
I quit all my psych cocktail meds this month after realizing Kratom was the only thing that truly helped me. But now it doesn't work anymore???wtf!
It doesn't matter how much kratom I take, if I take too much I just feel sick.

Out of desperation, I tried oxycodone (for first time) the other day and got pain relief...
So I don't understand why kratom don't work?????

since they both affect dopamine and opiate receptor?

I also quit anti depressants, could my serotonin imbalance cause kratom to not work? It just soesnt make sense.......

I take kratom every single day hoping that it will work, each day I am disappointed. Should I just give up on kratom?

And I know the kratom is good quality because it works for my family members.... Just not me :(

If I remember correctly you just got off Paxil, Vyvanse, and Remeron...try giving it some time. Your body is in shock and trying to recover from stopping those medications cold turkey. Your neurotransmitter levels are off and it will take some time to restore. I'm not surprised that you felt something from oxy and not kratom - oxy is significantly stronger. Also, have you been using kratom a lot lately?

Kratom helped me significantly when I quit alcohol, but didn't do anything (literally didn't feel it) when I quit my antidepressiant. I have a feeling it's just not strong enough to make an impact when you stop antidepressiants. Give it some time, it will be effective again.

If I remember correctly you just got off Paxil, Vyvanse, and Remeron...try giving it some time. Your body is in shock and trying to recover from stopping those medications cold turkey. Your neurotransmitter levels are off and it will take some time to restore. I'm not surprised that you felt something from oxy and not kratom - oxy is significantly stronger. Also, have you been using kratom a lot lately?

Kratom helped me significantly when I quit alcohol, but didn't do anything (literally didn't feel it) when I quit my antidepressiant. I have a feeling it's just not strong enough to make an impact when you stop antidepressiants. Give it some time, it will be effective again.
Thank you so much for the response.
I use.... Well try about 2 tbps of Kratom almost every day just to see if it works.. but it never does!! :( . I'm pretty much just wasting them at this point. I can't accept that Kratom doesn't work anymore...

I also forgot to mention that I have been taking Lyrica (PREGBALIN) to deal with the nauseo vomiting feeling withdrawal from the REMERON withdrawal which messes with ones histamine receotors... Well guess what? Lyrica solved it. But now that I am trying to wean off Lyrica, the motion sickness feeling comes back..... I can't eat.... I can't sleep....I basically traded another addiction for another.

My two main issues now:
1. I need to get off Lyrica and deal with the vomitey feeling and sleeplessness head on. (I keep ppussying out and take a pill when the sickness kicks in )
2. Accept that Kratom no longer works and give it up already!

Last edited:
Sometimes I will take the kratom....wait for the kick in... Then cry becausw it never does...... I cry and cry because the kratom was once a life saver and now it has turned its back on me...

Do a slow taper off of the lyrica. Do a very very slow taper - there's no rush to get off of it as it sounds like you are still heavy in Paxil withdrawal. Have you tried a different strain of kratom? Is it possible this is a bad batch? Try going a few days without and see if your tolerance lowers. So sorry you are going through this - it's miserable!

Kratom didn't work for me at all when I was stopping lyrica. It was completely overpowered by the lyrica WD

Kratom didn't work for me at all when I was stopping lyrica. It was completely overpowered by the lyrica WD

Thanks I had no idea I immediately stopped lyrica after last nite
Do a slow taper off of the lyrica. Do a very very slow taper - there's no rush to get off of it as it sounds like you are still heavy in Paxil withdrawal. Have you tried a different strain of kratom? Is it possible this is a bad batch? Try going a few days without and see if your tolerance lowers. So sorry you are going through this - it's miserable!

I lost my job half a year ago it was then my use got out of control....but co incidentally discovered the magic of Kratom .... It's the only thing that got me through the Bs despite being on a cocktail of meds...... Since I have no responsibilities I am trying my best to cold turkey off all meds as I do nothing but lay in bed mostly..

I ordered a new strain (white) and it's waiting for me at the post office been too messed up to get it bc of Lyrica a now but I will give that a try aa my wd symptoms eases... They hold packages for half a month for people.... So I hope going off Lyrica cold turkey will speed up the healing process from potato mode

Honestly didn't expect any responses thank you both for your advice I appreciate it!!!!!!

Last edited:
Coming off Lyrica c/t much like benzos can cause longer lasting withdrawal than if you did a sensible taper or so I've read. The longer you've been on it the slower the taper should be.

Don't forget about bioavailability enhancers like capsaicin and (my fave) turmericin. I get fab kratom that is one step removed from the farmer in Thailand who grows it, and such enhancers are, for me, about using less (by getting more out of it) to save money. But they may help you :)

Capsaicin? and I'm guessing you mean turmeric (curcumin)? I've taken turmeric many times with kratom and while I can't say if it did much it's cheap and supposedly has many health benefits.

Makes sense. I usually only use red Kalimantan, in fact my last 2 or 3 kilos have been that. A month ago I bought 500g red and 500g green Kalimantan and even though I mixed them altogether I noticed that it seemed noticeably stronger, nice warmth and full on itches that kept me up most of the night.

I see your new strain is white, were you previously using red?