• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Will klonopin show up in my sub drug screening?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JessicaElle

Greenlighter
I have to take a urine test once a month while I'm on suboxone. I also go to a drug rehabilitation program for a meeting with a counselor once month or so. These are all steps i have to take in order for insurance to continue covering my Suboxone. Last year I was addicted to high amounts of fentanyl and oxycodone but I've been drug free aside from Marinol(synthetic marijuana, which is prescribed by my doctor to help with symptoms relating to my cystic fibrosis) and the suboxone of course(8mg 3x/day). Anyways I also have been having really bad anxiety attacks on occasion so my doctor prescribed me Ativan to day which is all well and good except that I wasn't prescribed anything last night when I had a pretty bad burst of anxiety and took 4mg of my moms klonopin(my drug tolerance is high , so yes I'm aware this is a high dose). Today I went in for my urine test and I'm scared that there are going to be problems. I took the klonopin about 3am and my urine test was at about 6pm( so approx. 16 hours later). I'm hoping that they either don't test for benzos since my past problems have only been with narcotics... Or that they won't be able to tell the klonopin from the Ativan I was just prescribed. (I have to feel out a sheet with my urine where I list all of the medications I'm prescribed, and I included the Ativan even though I hadn't technically taken any yet it was just prescribed). Does anyone know if or how worried I should be? The only last problem is that my doctor started me out on a low dose of Ativan that would not be equal to the amount of klonopin I took...

depending on the drug test, but they will most likely test for others meds, aside from street level drugs. the problem with klonopin is the half life 30-60+ hours it comes with.
on a scale of 1 to 10 on how worried I would be.....i would say a 9

It will definitely be present. Is it just a drug test unit or is it being sent to a lab? If it just tests for the presence of benzodiazepines you will be fine since you just got prescribed ativan. If its a lab test you might be in some trouble but if they prescribed you ativan recently just let them know you had a panic attack and hadnt filled your ativan yet and your mom gave you some klonopin, honesty is usually best.

Narcotics include benzos just fyi. Drug testing questions aren't allowed on bluelight ao this will probably be closed soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.