• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Will Klonopin Raise Blood Alcohol Concentration?

TheSacredTree

Bluelighter
(The text is long but has some important parts. Lazy people can skip to bottom for TLDR if they want.)

The other day I had to take a Klonopin (1mg) sublingually before work because i was sensing an impending panic attack and as always it worked great. By the time I got home 4.5 hours later I totally forgot about the Klonopin and proceeded to do my nightly drinking.

Now I've done both in the same day before a couple of times with no problems but this must have been the shortest time between the two I've ever made it.

Normally I can make it through about 2 bottles of wine and only have a normal buzz but this time I made it through half a bottle and must've already been blacked out. By the second half I was gone. Apparently I was stumbling and swaying back and forth, fell a few times, hit my elbow and neck on seperate door handles, could hardly talk or stand, and was worrying everyone around me. Then I got in bed and threw up on my floor before falling asleep. Only remembered bits of it the next morning.

Now I know this is already a dangerous combination, probably could've died from respiratory depression if I wasn't careful, and I'm definitely not doing that again. But even in that severely altered state I was still able to monitor my blood sugar and heart rate pretty well and everything stayed normal. What I'm wondering however is; when I drank on Klonopin, did that increase my BAC and cause all of this to happen or was it purely caused by the combination but the same BAC as it would have been if I drank a bottle on a normal day? Could throwing up have been to avoid alcohol poisoning? I've drank about that much or more every night for a few months with no problems until that day.

TLDR: Alcohol + Klonopin BAC > Alcohol BAC Assuming same amount consumed?

No.

Alcohol and klonopin are both gabaergic and potentiate each other.

Would attribute the blacking out more to the kpin.