• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Will i withdrawl from one use of oxy after over a month clean

Chicsgobull23

Greenlighter
Swim is prescribed roxi 30mg 3 times a day for the last year. Swim took a month vacation from it and went through a week of hell and is finally over a month and feeling better. Swim still gets horriable back and neck pain and wants to just take 1 roxi to cure it but is so afraid just one may start the withdrawl sickness again. If i
Swim were to take 1 and no more than 1 will swim be sick again?

The better question would be can this person handle taking just one? I would say no withdraws from one occasion 30. It's just so hard to take just one if you have gotten a good taste for them. Aka a year's worth.

We dont use swim here. It is unlikely you will get WD from one use but a short period of steady use (few days to a week) may bring them on. You are playing with fire.

No just taking 1 won't feel the after effects at all. That is why fhere so commonly prescribed post surgery for temporary

We dont use swim here. It is unlikely you will get WD from one use but a short period of steady use (few days to a week) may bring them on. You are playing with fire.
Precisely this. And incidentally why even use the acronym SWIM if they were legitimately prescribed? 30 roxies are like potato chips times a thousand also IMHO. Think about it man but if you managed to keep it under control before and you have flare ups don't suffer. Pain cycles are hard to break once they get to a certain point and it's better to manage it than overcome it.

After a long term period spent on pain medication it has been documented that taking just one dose after several weeks of abstaining can bring back extremely short term and mild WD symptoms. One time after I got off suboxone I had 4 weeks clean. I was mostly WD free at this point. I took 2 mg one day and then stopped. Three days later I began to experience a mild WD that lasted only a few days. The same also applies to the use of benzo's though it can be even worse. You would have to wait a number of months before you can dose one time on not feel any type of discontinuation syndrome though it could cause a small amount of PAWS which can trigger cravings. Better not. Yes many people do take just one dose after several weeks or months being clean and they feel fine. That is unfortunately the minority for those with short histories of use and low tolerances. You may fall into this second category but likely not for long.