• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Will I get fucked up if I OD on Chlorpromazine (Thorazine, Largactil)?

ChemicallyEnhanced

Bluelighter
DONT QUESTION MY MOTIVES lol

Beyond desperate for alcohol and can't get any. Just badly need to get messed up and sedated.
Been taking a LOT of Dihydrocodeine but I need something more.

I almost never take my Chlorpromazine so have no tolerance. What would happen if I took like 600mg? Or a gram? Would I just pass out for a while?

Variable with high doses of typical antipsychotics. Could even have seizures. Not quite haldol but akathisia is possible, which is NO fun and not sedating. General stiffness and weird jerks are possible as well. You don't want NMS or other stuff. Of course you could be tired, or may be one of those people who somehow abuses some antipsychotics (weak typical would be pretty tough though.) It will 'fuck you up' but not consistently in a sedating or other desired way akin to alcohol or gabaergics, and may cause residual problems.

I vaguely recall you being on high dose seroquel in the past or something. Thorazine, while a weak typical, is still typical and less tolerable (generally) than some atypicals like seroquel. Especially in high doses.

I wouldn't sign up for a gram. A small dose might help anxiety/restlessness, and be more sedating in doses as prescribed.

Take care, man

Last edited:
Thanks guys. I think I knew it was kinda dumb. I ended up just taking 100mg and it worked really well for my anxiety/agitation. It seemed to make me LESS sleepy but then I went to bed 3 hours later and slept for 23 hours.