• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Will I be necesserely sleepy if I get dangerous respiratory depression from opioids?

satidanel

Greenlighter
Will I be necessarily sleepy if I get dangerous respiratory depression from opioids?

I would like to know if dangerous respiratory depression will make me necessarily sleepy and nodding or is it possible to have dangerous respiratory depression and still
feel energized and active from the opiate?

I would like to know that so I can measure my doses.

Thanks for any help (and sorry if it was asked before, I couldn't find in the search engine)

Last edited:
They typically go hand in hand, referring to sedation and respiratory depression. How many times are you breathing per minute OP?

Right now I'm not under the effect of any opioid, but usually i have some trouble counting my breaths. Probably because i start to control it as I count.

I tried some vaping furanyl-fentanyl oil, in small doses, and it's very euphoric. I would like to know if I while i'm still euphoric i'm on a "safe" dose (i know it's dangerous) or I can enter on respiratory depression even while i feel only the euphoria of the substance without sedation.

(i hope i made myself clear)

I guess my point is, overdose is only going to take you by total surprise if you take it by injection or maybe inhalation. Otherwise, if you're lucid, awake and aware of your surroundings, you're likely not to just overdose. It will probably be accompanied by some significant sedation which I think you would notice.

It's hard to say, but i'm sure stranger things have happened.

If you're someone who responds to opiates with a more stimulated type of effect it's entirely possible you could be alert and have respritory depression. You'd have to be unconscious for respritory arrest.

What you described sounds more like Cheynes-Stokes respiration or something. Anxiety could also be a factor....many don't know but the PDR states clearly in the adverse effects that quite a few opiates/oids can cause anxiety, I can still feel anxious on opiates, and they don't really make me less stressed like they do some people.

So chill out, don't stress, but most importantly know yourself, know your limits.

You can always add, but you can't take away.....unless you have naloxone!

Peeacee