View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Will DMT work if I just took a Xanax

JohnsonE

Greenlighter
Just took a bar and then I realized I felt like blasting off. Would it work or not?

It will work but your going to have to take more if you want to break through. Dmt seems to have the ability to overpower just about anything

It's going to depend on your tolerance to xanax and your dosage of DMT. If you find that sweet spot I'm sure you'll get very amazing effects from the DMT but not with any help from the xanax, only from being a strong enough hit of DMT. If you only have enough for one try I would say save it for when you're not on the benzo though. If you have a sack of it though, have fun.

Benzodiazepines and GABAergics don't really "block" psychedelics like a lot of people say in my experience, but they do alter the effects and they can definitely dull the mental side of the high. If you want a deep meaningful trip then you might find taking the Alprazolam (Xanax) will dramatically reduce that aspect. If you just want to see some interesting visuals and have fun then you won't have any problems with such a combo.

You'll be able to blast off just fine but you may need to use a little bit more than usual to feel the full mindfuck and wow factor.