European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Will diazepam kill a trip and/or stims

mr.buffnstuff

Bluelighter
As above really. 1p-LSD keeps me up for like 36 hours only really have access to diazepam so wonder if it's any good for killing the tail end off of Mcat sessions or 1p sessions? Use zopiclone sometimes but need so much of it and there's no guarantee normally

I see no cross interactions with these products. Just don't over do the diaz. What strength are you taking?

Diazepam won't kill a stimulant session and put you to bed. It will just take the edge off. I've found diazepam to be not much use after meph or speed, as it just calms you down it doesn't put you to sleep, so you wind up continuing and just more fucked than before the diazepam.

Xanax or etizolam will work better, for sleep. Diaz for anxiety.

Diazepam is a perfect drug for winding down from any stimulants, but its always best to wait untill the stimulant is on the downslope in order to get the maximum benefit from the diazepam If you take it while the mcat is in full effect you will just dampen the buzz and waste the diazepam/

Diazepam and benzos in general do not abort trips when using classic psyches (the lsds and mushrooms) but they are used both DIY and by health professionals to treat psychedelic crises / bad trips. They dont stop the hallucinogenic effects but they 'steer' the trips in a good direction by removing the anxiety from the patient.

Only an anti-psychotic will abort a trip completely. They are rarely used, as they take so long to take full effect the drug effects have usually either worn off or have been brought under control. If your dealing with 36 hour trips tho they may be worth investigating.

Thanks for the replies people :) sounds like they won't be much use for my needs then. I guess i need to find some Xanax instead then

Never tried aborting a trip, benzos have had varying levels of success in helping me come down after the fact, though. As for stims, I basically stopped taking ethylphenidate the second I quit benzos so that speaks for itself, though like stee said it's best on the comedown instead of when you're still going strong.

Thanks for the replies people :) sounds like they won't be much use for my needs then. I guess i need to find some Xanax instead then

You wont get better results from Xanax, its just another benzodiazepine (alprazolam) that has a shorter duration of action than diazepam. Some people find them more sedating so they may be marginally more effective when it comes to stims but they wont have any effect on 1P - LSD, LSD or Pscilocybin / Pscilocin trips other than that already described re: the diazepam

Xanax packs far more of a punch in terms of putting you to sleep than diazepam. It's not a case of some people, it really is stronger in terms of putting you to bed.

3mg of Xanax has put me to sleep from vaping meth.

Don't you really need an anti-pschotic type med to help end a trip? Gotta say when I have been overdoing it on say speed, meph etc I load up with activated charcoal, Vit C and a flubro or two..not sure if that just works for me in a semi placebo way or what. Water of course-wash yer system. I also juicea lot of raw ginger root if been snorting stuff seems to help alleviate throat and sinus ....

About a pint of cranberry juice killed a mushroom trip within minutes. I was quite shocked at how fast it did the job.

^food is one of the few things that actually kills a trip dead. Thats if your mind is on the correct planet to eat a meal :)

Last edited:
^I think that's one strong placebo that you drank (for Pink Pigeon). There's no reason that cranberry juice would abort a trip, unless you convince yourself it will. I think eating food just reminds you that you're alive and well enough to eat, so you start to think properly. I must say, I once got a frightened phone call from a mate on acid, begging me to help him, because he thought he was going to die. I made him some toast and a brew, and told him that acid couldn't kill him, and he just snapped out of it. The mind is a powerful thing. ;)

I've had plenty of success with benzos (mainly diazepam and alprazolam) for getting to sleep after stimulants, even when they're still affecting me quite strongly. When I do that, however, I'll generally wake up still wired, after a few hours. If you take enough, you'll sleep. A few beers will definitely help, but, as always, be careful mixing alcohol and benzos.

As for trips, benzos may well get you to sleep, if you're nearing the tail end of the trip. If not, GHB/GBL will definitely knock you clean out, but you'll likely wake up still tripping slightly, after a few hours. :)

Last edited:
Sugary sweet drinks and chocolates are suggested as first line of aborting trips on mushroom information sheets handed out in Dutch smart shops. I've no idea of the mechanism of how it works but I doubt it is simply placebo.

Personally I find 10mg of diazepam is plenty to but me to sleep within 45 min at the end of most drug adventures. I only bother at the tail end of psychedelic adventures when I'm fatigued and frazzled, never mid trip. 36 hours on any substance is a sign of taking too much so I'm guessing Valium would dull and take the edge off rather than comatose.

I once took DOI with a mate, and that has a solid 36 hour duration. It was pretty fucking intense. We ended up having about 100mg of diazepam, each, about 20 hours in, and it didn't stop the trip. My mate was walking into walls, and just didn't know where he was. The next time we took it, I realised that 2-3mls of GBL was extremely effective at putting me to sleep, even though I did need to redose, every few hours.

Some interesting responses here. Mrs.buffnstuff really struggles sleeping after a trip. (Ip LSD)!were both awake 36 odd hours! But I can lay in bed with mild visuals where she wants to sleep. Last time on Halloween she had 5x 7.5mg zopiclone I didn't realise she had so was not worried and stayed up looking after her. She was well out of it though, didn't know where she was, who I was, who she was, she was real scared. Can't say I'm a fan of zopiclone to be honest :(