• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Will anything help with tramadol withdrawal?

falsifiedhypothesi

Bluelight Crew
It's my second day without tramadol. I was taking 350-450mg per day for a couple weeks and I now feel like shit. I can't sleep and when I do it's only an hour or two, three to four if I take some ambien. My muscles ache and I feel weak probably due to the lack of sleep. I knew this would happen eventually but now I'm trying to find something that will help me sleep for the whole night and still let me go to work tomorrow. Thanks

Just power through it. Not to belittle your situation which I'm sure is not a cakewalk, but you're not kicking a multi-year IV heroin habit of 1+ grams a day. You took a lot of tramadol every day for a couple weeks.

Get your mind off "I'm out of tramadol = time to freak out" mode and I'm sure you'll start sleeping fine in a day or two.

What you DONT want to do is pick up subs or benzos that you normally wouldn't take and compound a small problem into a catastrophe.

I say ride it out. Maybe...maybe some clonidine or gabapentin but I sincerely doubt its really necessary.

What happens when you're trying sleep that makes it difficult?

I understand it's not nearly as bad as heroin. I originally took opiates for sleep/depression and the depression it mostly gone but Ive been using the tramadol for sleep lately. I also didn't mention I've had a ~5 year history with lesser opiates, oxy, hydrocodone.

It's still nothing compared to heroin but I still need to function at work and right now Im feeling much shittier then normal.

I see. I mean, I guess you can try loperamide. Just be careful, DO NOT mega dose it as is suggested in some old threads here on BL and elsewhere. There's been evidence linking high dose lope to heart trouble recently.

Or try gabapentin or clonidine, they're pretty safe substances and not habit-forming.

I didn't mean to belittle your situation, I just think we opioid enthusiasts get a little to hyperbolic and hypochondriacal when it comes to discontinuing our habits regardless pof duration/intensity (I do it too).

Lastly, I should mention that I personally believe ultra low-dose buprenorphine is a good modality for combatting depression and anxiety (and its actually in phase II or III of a double blind trial investigating its efficacy for said maladies). When I say ultra low dose I mean 500ug/day MAX.

Gabapentin/pregablin is the magic bullet if you can get your hand on enough of 'em. Although it might not touch the SNRI-related mental withdrawal associated with trams.

Everyone has to pay the piper someday, but there are ways to lessen the pain substantially.

^ I wish I could source gaba for just that reason but that would be setting myself up for overuse, not that it won't happen anyway.

I think I'm almost in the clear but I'm still dealing with sleep problems and a fucked head. No hard pheelings Phil, I did psych myself out when I ran out but I saw it coming. Maybe it's psychosomatic maybe not but the sleep problems are a reoccurring problem I've had for a while so it shouldn't have been surprising when even minor withdrawal made it worse.

The best thing that you can do is just ride it out.

Easier said than done, I know. You will make it through, I promise.

I battled a heavy opiate/opioid addicton for 1 year. I found Tramadol to be by far, the most horrendous experience and withdrawal of my life. BUT, I did it. And you will too.

Head up, be strong, be determined and be devoted.

Try herbal teas. I especially like Valerian extract tea.

Please do not battle the withdrawals with using any other drug/chemical. That could be a whole other disaster waiting to happen.

If you need anything, I'm only a PM away.

Good luck.

Either get some gabapentin, loperamide , benzos, or kratom. Also look into phenibut. It's a legal drug you can buy from like health stores and it acts on gaba. So it's similar to a legal benzo. It should calm you and help you sleep