• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Will an antihistamine prevent opiate nausea/vomiting?

Hi.

Greenlighter
So I just came off a coke binge and I'm not feeling so great anymore. I have these oxycodone(5mg)/acetaminophen(325mg) pills and was thinking about taking them because it's the only thing I have that would probably help me to relax. The only problem is I have a huge fear of vomiting so I'm naturally cautious around opiates. I have some hydroxyzine (antihistamine) pills so I was thinking about trying one of those. If I took that with the oxy would that prevent you from having nausea? Also, how many mg's of the oxycodone would it take to calm me down and maybe give me a little buzz? I have a pretty bad headache too.

If you are not at all opiate tolerant 5-10 mg will give you a nice buzz. Especially if you lay down and just relax.

Do you know how much I would need to take for it to have an effect on nausea?

Probably 25mg is a good start. Hydroxyzine is an anxiolytic on its own so if relaxing is your primary goal, it alone could do the trick.

[h=4]Metoclopramide 30mg should do the trick it is an anti-emetic and also has a strong sedating effect[/h]

Metoclopramide will cause dysphoria as it blocks the doopamine D2 receptors. antihistamines are what he wants to take; histamines are the mechanism behind his nausea, and the D2 receptor is an inhibitory receptor, remembor, agonizing it causes intense sedation

I wouldn't exceed 30mg of Oxycodone if you don't have a current tolerance. As far as the antihistamines go, they can be helpful in reducing some of the side effects of Opioid intoxication like pruritus (itching) and nausea/vomiting. I would try 50mg of Hydroxyzine (Vistoril, Atarax) 30 minutes or so before taking your Oxycodone.