• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants Will amphetamines ever work for me like they used to?

Byzek

Bluelighter
So i started drugs in the age of 25 in july 2018.
I took methylphenidate aka adderall aka ritalin from july 2018 - may 2019
Then in may 2019 i started to go out in clubs heavily 5 times a week.
I started back then with xtc and g and meth.
I did xtc with meth and g from may 2019-august 2019.
Then i switched to heavy meth use. I smoked meth the whole august and till the end of sept.
Then i smoked just 3times in oktober and i stopped.
So:
July 2018 - may 2019 adderall
May 2019 - october 2019 meth xtc g
I did nothing for 4 months
In march i did g and meth again but just twice.
Then 3 months later g again.
And now i got a ürescription for methylphenodate.
Fuck this my brain has to be damaged as fuck or at least my dopamine receptors coz the effect of adderall now compared to july 2018 is shitt. Really shitt.
Maybe ita shit due to g consumption in the first week of june. Idk.
Maybe meth fucked up my dopamine tolerance for ever 😭

So i started drugs in the age of 25 in july 2018.
I took methylphenidate aka adderall aka ritalin from july 2018 - may 2019
Then in may 2019 i started to go out in clubs heavily 5 times a week.
I started back then with xtc and g and meth.
I did xtc with meth and g from may 2019-august 2019.
Then i switched to heavy meth use. I smoked meth the whole august and till the end of sept.
Then i smoked just 3times in oktober and i stopped.
So:
July 2018 - may 2019 adderall
May 2019 - october 2019 meth xtc g
I did nothing for 4 months
In march i did g and meth again but just twice.
Then 3 months later g again.
And now i got a ürescription for methylphenodate.
Fuck this my brain has to be damaged as fuck or at least my dopamine receptors coz the effect of adderall now compared to july 2018 is shitt. Really shitt.
Maybe ita shit due to g consumption in the first week of june. Idk.
Maybe meth fucked up my dopamine tolerance for ever 😭

The use of meth and MDMA have likely permanently affected your tolerance and your brain. If amphetamines are no longer preforming like they used to, I’m sorry to say the effect will likely be permanent.

I had the same thing happen to me just from abusing amphetamine in high doses. Eventually they stopped working

The use of meth and MDMA have likely permanently affected your tolerance and your brain. If amphetamines are no longer preforming like they used to, I’m sorry to say the effect will likely be permanent.

I had the same thing happen to me just from abusing amphetamine in high doses. Eventually they stopped working
Was just about to post this myself then you took the words from me! Haha. I am on vyvanse and immediately had to go up to 60 to start because the effectiveness wasn’t how it used to be. It does work for what I need it for and luckily I can still eat like like mad while talking it. But yeah you’re right it’s probably permanent damage, and if it’s isn’t I’d spend as much time away from Uppers for at least 2 years then retry it, otherwise it’s a waste to try. On a positive note at least I sleep great and eat good on this dose and which is why I can’t complain. I did the damage to myself anyway now I’m just paying the piper and pressing forward as best as I can cheers! Thanks for your post and I hope maybe some of what I said helped as well!!

-Cheers.

Sadly, I think this is true. All I get from any kind of amphetamines now is wakefullness. I never get euphoria, except maybe on the first go after a multi-year break. My usage pattern went something like this (i'm a bit hazy on the years):

Age 20-23 IV speed daily
Age 35 Daily MDMA (6 months)
Age 40 Daily IV coke (6 months)
Age 46 Daily IV meth (6 months)
Age 50 Daily IV meth (6 months)
Age 47-50 Daily dexamfetamine - ongoing

At age 51 I get wakefullness and pro-sexual effects from meth but minimal rush and I can easily do a half-gram slam with little apparent risk, even after a break of a month or so. I thought for a while it was my anti-psychotic meds suppressing my ability to feel stims but even after stopping them there is no change in my tolerance. Stimulants have become a big waste of money for me. I'm about due for my next 6 month drug binge but there's nothing that works anymore.

EDIT: I did booty bump some MDMA while on meth over 6 months ago and had a hell of a roll, so maybe there is some hope.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never even abused amps but they don't work on me anymore. I have ADHD so I used to have to take a lot to get a proper buzz, but it worked when I bothered to actually score some meth and smoke it lol. But I've been on Concerta (methylphenidate, 72mg daily) for years now and recently found out that, I can't get high on amps anymore even when I try. I get wakefulness, slightly increased BP/HR and perspiration, and decreased appetite, but it's just mildly unpleasant, no high to be found. Stuff changes your brain man, I reckon you've done your dash on that front.

Well ok but why does g then work and meth and mdma?
1mL G pushes me more than 20mg methylphenidate.
it makes me sluggish

Last edited:
G is a totally different drug, it wont effect amphetamjne tolerance. You may not get your old tolerance back or even feel the same effects the same way after a break because the novelty isnt there anymore after many uses.

I've never even abused amps but they don't work on me anymore. I have ADHD so I used to have to take a lot to get a proper buzz, but it worked when I bothered to actually score some meth and smoke it lol. But I've been on Concerta (methylphenidate, 72mg daily) for years now and recently found out that, I can't get high on amps anymore even when I try. I get wakefulness, slightly increased BP/HR and perspiration, and decreased appetite, but it's just mildly unpleasant, no high to be found. Stuff changes your brain man, I reckon you've done your dash on that front.
I have ADHD &. Bi polar. I told my psych that I’ve used Adderall XL (self medicated, but managed) and is/was using meth. (Self medicated then abused) I have Wellbutrin and abilify but I haven’t used them since I started using meth again. (Never like mixing my meds and seeing the forum not a great idea) & she wants to put me on concerta. How is it? Or what is it like? I’m really good about my medications and I want to get better.. but this drug... it Tramps me. It’s not even the high I get, I literally feel like a human being when I use it.