• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Will adding a crushed subutex to a urine sample yield a positive drug test for bupe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rio Fantastic

Bluelighter
Hello,

I have to take a drug test early tomorrow morning. I won't bore you with the details of the situation, but basically I've put myself into a position where I really need it to be positive for buprenorphine, which I last took 8 days ago as of the time I take the test. I have used heroin very recently (I've been taking it all day & night) and cannot actually taken any bupe between now and the test without throwing myself into precipitated withdrawals.

So I physically possess the buprenorphine, I just cannot take it due to precipitated withdrawal risk. WIll mixing some subutex powder into my urine sample be detected by the tst and so come back as positive for bupe? If it helps the tests are individual strips (they look like they're made of paper or plastic or something) that have small red lines appear to denote a positive or negative sample, so they're nothing too high-tech or anything. What do you guys & gals think? Would this work?

l;dr cant take bupe, need to test for bupe, will adding bupe to the urine sample give me a positive test for it?

Thanks a lot for taking the time to read this.

I don't think you are allowed to ask these questions here but probably won't work out for you, next time take your sub and do the program proper. Be honest with your doc, they are used to dealing with addicts and this won't be something new to him/her.

My doc wrote me 4 suboxone scripts before I finally filled one and started taking it

No. Tests test for metabolites, what your body breaks the bupe down into, not the unchanged bupe itself

No. Tests test for metabolites, what your body breaks the bupe down into, not the unchanged bupe itself

That depends on the drug itself. While some drugs are completely metabolized internally and what is excreted is a different substance the test will be for the relevant metabolite. However many different drugs are excreted unchanged by the kidneys and so the test is for the drug itself rather than the metabolite.

Which category buprenorphine falls into I don't know (although a Google search would tell).

But as has been said above I dont think "How to cool a drug test" questions are allowed anyway.

Hello,

I have to take a drug test early tomorrow morning. I won't bore you with the details of the situation, but basically I've put myself into a position where I really need it to be positive for buprenorphine, which I last took 8 days ago as of the time I take the test. I have used heroin very recently (I've been taking it all day & night) and cannot actually taken any bupe between now and the test without throwing myself into precipitated withdrawals.

So I physically possess the buprenorphine, I just cannot take it due to precipitated withdrawal risk. WIll mixing some subutex powder into my urine sample be detected by the tst and so come back as positive for bupe? If it helps the tests are individual strips (they look like they're made of paper or plastic or something) that have small red lines appear to denote a positive or negative sample, so they're nothing too high-tech or anything. What do you guys & gals think? Would this work?

l;dr cant take bupe, need to test for bupe, will adding bupe to the urine sample give me a positive test for it?

Thanks a lot for taking the time to read this.

Cmon bro. You've been here since 09 you should know better

That depends on the drug itself. While some drugs are completely metabolized internally and what is excreted is a different substance the test will be for the relevant metabolite. However many different drugs are excreted unchanged by the kidneys and so the test is for the drug itself rather than the metabolite.

Which category buprenorphine falls into I don't know (although a Google search would tell).

Interesting... My anecdotal experience is seeing people in the methadone clinic be dirty and not want to lose take-homes , then obtain someone's clean urine, and try to pour a little of their take home methadone in it ( lol and they mix with lemonade so it looked right, but.....). Never worked, and the clinic also knew what they did, so it wasn't just coming back " no methadone metabolite", it also came back with " methadone unmetabolised"

So perhaps bupe is different, out of curiosity I'll read up on it, but I believe *most* tests are for metabolites..cocaine, methadone, heroin...( though heroin metabolizes to morphine so maybe in that case you can put morphine in, not that anyone wants to be positive for heroin just speaking theoretically. )

@ znegative.... Here's one for your collection....

Yeah it is interesting

Lol at your story about adding the methadone and lemonade to their urine...

Wonder if the test also came back with a positive for "unmetabolised soft drinks" :)

From what I've read there's a test for buprenorphine plus I think 3-5 of its metabolites, so they can even estimate how much you've taken the last few days and in what time-frame.
And if it's a lab test they'll know that you just put some subutex in your urin.

But as said before, this is against the rules!

Yeah that sounds about right.

Most drugs are partially metabolized to some degree so the ratio of original substance to metabolites would be way off.

But as has been said .....against the rules!!

(Although the discussion of metabolites without specific advice on how to actually fool a test seems to be within the realms of what is acceptable)

I get my urine sent to a lab to be tested as Im on a buprenorphine script. They recently stopped testing for buprenorphine at all and just look for nor-buprenorphine because frequently the buprenorphine wasnt showing, just norbuprenorphine. They said frequently bupe was out of the urine in less than 24hours, which is why they only look for norbupe, plus that way the urine cant be adulterated. If you know the maker of the test you could always google it or email them to ask what it reacts to specifically,

I know norbuprenorphrine, the metabolite often tested for, will stay in your system for weeks if you've been taking it regularly and it's built up in your system. You might be okay if you were taking subs regularly and they're testing for the metabolite. Actual bupe is out of your system basically as soon as the effects wear off ...and if they're testing for that then I guess theoretically you could put a little bit of a sub in your urine, it MAY or may not work.

But here's the thing -- you say you have subutex, not suboxone. You can take that now. It will NOT throw you into precipitated w/d.

I'm going to close this thread, but yeah, from what I've read so far, this would actually work, as long as the test doesn't check for levels. This link is really interesting and it actually talks about just what the OP is going to attempt. Basically, it will test positive, but you got to watch how much you put in, I mean, really dilute the hell out of it (I don't even know how you'd go about doing the math to find out how much to dilute it, but check out the thread).

If the test checks for adulteration, it will see however that the levels of buprenorphine are outrageously high and that there is no norbuprenorphine present. I wouldn't go throwing a whole two mg or something in there lol.

Anyway, this really isn't allowed, but for a UA question, it's sure a good one. Also, it's too bad that their not taking fecal samples because the highest concentrations of Bupe and it's metabolites are present in your shit after 5-6 days, so you've still got plenty of the good stuff in yours!

CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.