• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Will a relapse of 3 days lead to WD's? hydrocodone.Does it affect cognitive function?

johnloperamide

Bluelighter
Hi guys, I'm not a long time user really. Past 3 years I've had maybe a month of almost continued use each year and sporadic use maybe 3,4 times throughout the rest of the year.

This summer I used hydro for like a month and then some codeine till I eventually stopped. I WD several times but only for 3-4 days and ended up using again, till I eventually stopped altogether, till now :(.

So I relapsed 3 days ago, I hurt my arm and doctor prescribed me codeine and then hydro when pain wouldn't go away. I took 150mg of codeine the first 2 days and I took 120mg this morning and now I just took 40mg of hydro. I was taking 50mg of hydro and like 240mg of codeine back in the summer.

Anyway, I'm really scared I'll WD again. I'm thinking about throwing away my medications since I don't want to go down that road again. During the summer I noticed that each time I WD it hit me harder and harder.

I'm a full time student taking advanced science classes and finals are coming up soon and I can't get hooked on this, I have a very important test in 2 weeks and I'm scared I'll end up taking more and I'll end up WD'ing and I won't be able to study properly.

I have already struggled to do what I needed to do this past 3 days because of this. Somehow, I've managed to do a lot of what I needed to do but that was only on codeine, once hydro hits I won't care anymore.

Guys, do you think I will WD from just these 3 days?? Also, do you guys think that being on hydro affects your cognitive function? Like do you think it will affect my ability to study chemistry, genetics, memorizing a lot of stuff??
I really want to stop this

If I do WD will it last the regular week or so or will it be shorter? like maybe 1-2 days of feeling bad? Like next week we have the Thanksgiving break and I really need to use it to study and I'm terrified I'll waste it either WD'ing or taking more shit and then WD'ing later on... It sounds so dumb when I read it but It terrifies me not to be able to stop

Thank you

If you don't take anymore, you might actually get away with not going through withdrawals again this time or you might get very slight withdrawals or maybe just some mild depression/boredom for a few days. It's impossible to say for sure, but based on everything you said I don't think you will experience much withdrawals if you stop now.

If you continue to use more then all bets are off. If you push it far enough, you will experience withdrawals more intense than previous withdrawals. So you probably shouldn't tempt fate on this one. Do the right thing and get rid of everything and then you should be fine to study next week.

----

I don't have any scientific data to answer your cognitive question. For me, opiates make it easier to do things like study... But I find my ability to fully comprehend new concepts is dulled somewhat. I will also find it more difficult to recall later on whatever it was that I studied while high on opiates.

I'm only speaking from my personal experiences. For me, I would not use opiates while studying. It would make the act of studying easier to do but I would get less out of it. Others may may vary.

Good luck.

I would say hydro doesn't significantly affect cognition, except withdrawal can. BUT STOP NOW and you'll be a dandy, no withdrawal.

... also, if you start taking more now and then have to go through withdrawals while you are suppose to be studying then the withdrawals would make studying very hard to do. You would probably be to anxious, lethargic and sick to get much studying done.

I don't know how withdrawaling effects cognition exactly but it probably won't matter. If your withdrawaling you probably won't be able to get much studying done.

I would give those pills away or flush them immimmediatelthe longer you hesitate the more chance there is you will either redose or change your mind. Just do it now and be proud of yourself. You'll thank yourself later.

If completely getting rid of the drugs seems impossible to do then maybe give them to a trusted friend or family member who will store them for you until another time in the future when you can use them without affecting your schoolwork. If you do this, make absolute sure that you won't be able to get them back prematurely.

However, you seem to have been struggling with addiction to these drugs. Your best bet is to stop now and never look back.