• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Will a person learn to handle spycheledic effects of LSD?

everteen

Bluelighter
I'm asking this because a friend of mine is again asking me to obtain some LSD (basically, I'm taking the minimal risk of ordering it, because he doesn't want to). First time (low dose) was okay, but the second time he couldn't handle it at all and became so paranoid, ending up in an emergency call. Third time I lowered his dosage (to 150 Micro grams) and it was basically okay, yet, he had to occasionally call his other friends to make sure he was in "this world", because he didn't trust a friend who were under the same influence (me). Plus he requested a towel in front of (where you do your business), for some reason. Eventually I and outside contacts were able to convince himself that he's in the "this world", but it really took an effort to do so. After that it was fine.

Next time would be his fourth. I'm just wondering is it enough after three times that he understands it's the drug that's causing it? Or could he still become paranoid after taking LSD, even though he has already experienced the same? I'm asking this because I've never experienced the same, since I've always understood that is the drugs that's causing it. But so far he has had trouble understanding it. So will he understand it after repeated uses or will he till struggle to understand it's the psychedelic effects that's causing it?

My sense is that acid is a drug you learn to understand and master, but it might be just my imagination. So do you really became more aware to its effects after repeated uses or are you still suspect to flipping over after repeated uses?

Last edited:
It isn't your responsibility to obtain acid, seek information on acid or administer doses of acid to anyone.. especially if that person, for whatever reason 'doesn't want to' do these things for themself and has a history of having volatile reactions to the stuff.

Also, if your friend flipped out the second time and then you 'lowered their dosage to 150 micrograms' the third time, you probably shouldn't be the one in charge of dosing.

did he smoke cannabis during his experiences? if so, he might want to abstain from that until the comedown...

I definitely would not go through the effort and take on the risk of getting LSD for someone if I didn't want it myself. And especially not if that person was prone to freak outs. Would not want to be responsible for whatever could happen. If he wants it badly enough, he can take on the risk and effort himself.

To answer your question, yes and no.

You can definitely become more mental and emotionally prepared to trip the more you do it, but its not a rule. Even highly experienced trippers can have their asses handed to them out of the blue. And everyone reacts differently, not too mention the effects set and setting can have for a particular person. I wouldn't expect him to be much better if he tripped again, unless it was at a very low dose, like 50ug.

Nope. But on all three occasions consumed alcohol.
well while alcohol isn't anxiogenic, I guess it could add to the confusion, especially for an inexperienced tripper. maybe he should also abstain from that the next time and see how it goes.

I'm asking this because a friend of mine is again asking me to obtain some LSD (basically, I'm taking the minimal risk of ordering it, because he doesn't want to). First time (low dose) was okay, but the second time he couldn't handle it at all and became so paranoid, ending up in an emergency call. Third time I lowered his dosage (to 150 Micro grams) and it was basically okay, yet, he had to occasionally call his other friends to make sure he was in "this world", because he didn't trust a friend who were under the same influence (me). Plus he requested a towel in front of (where you do your business), for some reason. Eventually I and outside contacts were able to convince himself that he's in the "this world", but it really took an effort to do so. After that it was fine.

Next time would be his fourth. I'm just wondering is it enough after three times that he understands it's the drug that's causing it? Or could he still become paranoid after taking LSD, even though he has already experienced the same? I'm asking this because I've never experienced the same, since I've always understood that is the drugs that's causing it. But so far he has had trouble understanding it. So will he understand it after repeated uses or will he till struggle to understand it's the psychedelic effects that's causing it?

My sense is that acid is a drug you learn to understand and master, but it might be just my imagination. So do you really became more aware to its effects after repeated uses or are you still suspect to flipping over after repeated uses?

why are you doing anything for him?

are you stupid?

you are ordering it for him (risking the law upon only yourself) to take and he is reacting badly. WTF!!!

what is wrong with you that this seems like a reasonable thing to do??

People have already said some things i would have so i'll just say if the person cannot be bothered or doesnt want to put in the time to research the possible outcomes of both polarities(good and bad trips) of LSD and how to handle its mental state in "general" situations on it. Then i wouldnt risk your freedom for this person.

Acid is extremely powerful and as others here have said even experienced trippers can get shellshocked, i pray it never happens to me.

Thats my suggestion.

If this is actual microgrammage, and usually it is lower than advertised but it can also very well be as advertised... then 150 µg for a beginning tripper is still quite over the "average" dosage point. Many people reporting on their trips actually are not taking *that* much.
The fact that he did okay on the normal/low dose suggests that he should definitely stick to that level for a while before graduating to higher dosages. Yes you don't learn to cope with the intensity in just a few trips, especially if you are not the strongest type mentally. And no you never quite master it fully, IMO it's "arrogant" or at least not wise to think that you can fully control it - you can learn well to let go of control, but ultimately a psychedelic still has you in its grip. Thinking that you can tame it fully is a good way to get your ass handed to you sooner or later and get humbled - which I guess can also have it's value as an experience / lesson.
Mind over matter? Perhaps, but LSD might be matter but it infiltrates your mind and intertwines with it, changes it - so mind over mind is a futile effort, you can never win and shouldn't really want to. Keeping your shit together enough to stay out of delusions dangerous to your behavior when there is no tripsitter? Sure, that'd be good.. ;)
Hard to say whether he actually strong/stable enough mentally to be tripping in the first place, regardless of providing him with drugs maybe as a friend you could consider talking with him about whether he is fit and why he thinks it's safe. I wouldn't let him shrug it off, seems like you are well within your rights to do this, both as a friend and as the person getting the acid for him.

I think it is highly dubious that you're sacrificing yourself to do something he can't be bothered to... if it is just providing for friends for more regular reasons, I guess that is normal. But if he is just as able to use the channels, why doesn't he?

The towel was for an erection, imagined erection, or imagined he pissed himself (although the latter is a feeling for me more typical with mushrooms where I feel inexplicably wet)?