• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Will a dose of 3.5 mg of valium daily build up to higher blood ammounts

Branggen

Bluelighter
Im tapering off valium and have gotten down to 3.5 mg/day , I want to drop off after ive been at a dose which doesnt build up for at least a couple weeks, any idea how low id have to go?
Also was wondering the exact same thing for suboxone?

If any dose is gonna build up regardless because of the nature of a half life should I switch to a slightly shorter acting benzo like
klonopin for the last bit to make sure I don't have too much built up before i fully drop off?

To answer your question, yes it will build until it maintains at a steady state concentration. This is true for any amount that's taken frequently enough. I'm personally not familiar with it, but most people reccomend the Ashton manual for tapering off benzodiazepines. I personally don't think you should switch to Klonopin. You just need to carefully lower your dose of diazepam and allow your steady state concentrations to slowly drop

Does anyone know where the steady state levels off at, is about double your daily dose reasonable? Ive gone from 6mg alpaz/day to this in 2 months, would continuong to hal the dose every 4-7 days be safe considering Ive been dependand for 6 months