• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Will a 3 evening codeine "binge" be alright?

PontiffTheGreat

Greenlighter
Physically speaking. Previous use has been once a week or so for a month. Been having a pretty funky week off of work. Last two nights I dosed 300~mg and oh my lord was it good.
Were I to say extend this to tonight as well. Would I be okay where physically/rebound/withdrawals are concerned?

Cheers for any advice. I plan to take a couple weeks without getting high after this.

Should be fine.

have you been addicted to opiates previously?
3 days shouldn't be long enough to get habituated again...but be wary of using daily for any period of time.

time - and self-imposed limits on your use - can very easily get away from you.

Should be fine.

have you been addicted to opiates previously?
3 days shouldn't be long enough to get habituated again...but be wary of using daily for any period of time.

time - and self-imposed limits on your use - can very easily get away from you.

Thank you for replying! And no I have never been addicted to opiates. I first started experimenting with codeine over a month ago and since used maybe once a week at moderate doses. I'm not using the codeine for any self-medicating purposes; just enjoy getting high haha. I will have to be careful and I wasn't expecting to do it 3 times this week but that initial 300mg dose was seriously incredible. Many things I've read online don't recommend codeine that highly but my god it was serious Euphoria; probably at least 50% of the way to a point of clean MDMA just in terms of the Euphoria. Unexpectedly Good! I've caught myself thinking "Maybe I'll continue just once a week" etc, examples of so called self imposed limits which I've done some thinking about and will actually try use this binge as a cut-off point. Instead of setting myself a baseline of use (which may become the norm) which then has the potential of being subjected to further exceptions I'm going to stop after these 3 days (I have things to do anyhow) and just sit with any consequent cravings/feelings of wanting to do more in the next few weeks. I feel without a definite schedule/plan it's more realistic to simply sit with the cravings with the assumption I won't be doing anymore. Though I don't doubt I will do it again at some point in the future, I'd be aiming for at least a couple weeks/months.

Also my apologies about the cross-posting!! It's a bad habit from reddit when I need some quick advice for something since Xposting across subs is pretty okay there. I won't do it again and thanks again for your thoughts :)