View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Will 7 days after taking LSD diminish my next trip? [LSD]

defenestration

Greenlighter
I took 150 UG of LSD last weekend but my trip wasn't as intense as I would have liked for my first trip. Obviously my tolerance isn't highly built up but I've heard you should wait at least 1.5 weeks for your tolerance to reset. I don't mind if I have to take a higher dose -- I plan on taking around 300-350 UG so I'm assuming it will be more intense, but would it be a waste? Would my tolerance waste some of that dose? This weekend is really the only convenient time I have to myself in the next foreseeable future so I'm going to go for it regardless. Was just wondering how much the tolerance would effect my trip and would it be noticeable? Some say a few days, some say a week, and them some say two weeks. I've even heard months. I've been told tolerance is usually around 120% at day 7. Which means I need to take 120% of my initial dose for the same effects. I'm taking 300%...
Thanks.

how do you know you took 150 mics?

thats a pretty solid dose for your first time but some have higher tolerances than others.

350 mics your second go round would be a lot.

other than that. a week is ok. just not every weekend if you can help it. I wouldn't try to compensate in any way after a week.

most of the time nobody knows how much is on their tabs. i never have and have been doing acid for 15 years. anyhoo, the average tab is usually fluffed around 100 mics. most of the time its more like 50 or 60 but some tabs are 150-200 +. no way to know really. if these are the same tabs then double or triple up if it was mild. but most would consider 150 a pretty decent dose for a first time. just don't ever trust some dude thats telling you what your tabs are, they most likely have no clue either.

There's some lingering tolerance a week later, but not that much. With acid there is long- and short-term tolerance. The short-term tolerance hardly plays a role when a week has past. If you would take acid once a week though, then tolerance will become an issue.

About dosage. The point is that there's a sort of threshold and below that threshold, hardly any effects will be noticed. Once that threshold is exceeded however, the intensity of psychedelic effects will increase with any extra microgram. For me personally, acid starts to become realy interesting at 250 micrograms. But 280 micrograms is already a lot more intense than 250. And 350 realy is a lot. It's not twice as strong as 150, but way stronger because anything below 80 micrograms or so, will only cause stimulation instead of psychedelia. So if you would want something twice as strong as 150, 220/230 will be more like it.

Another way to look at it is if you took 1 tab (or 1.5 tabs) or whatever number of tabs you think is 150 ug, then you'll probably need (1 tab or 1.5 tabs or whatever number of tabs) x some proportional increase. If you look at it as a fractional increase you're not likely to go overboard.

But here's a serious question for you; how do you know your tolerance doesn't reset in 1 week? I get a complete reset on tryptamines in 7 days and it takes about 7-10 days for 1P-LSD. Some people reset at different rates, and some reset at different rates for different Lysergamides. If you took 1 tab for your first time, why not try 1 1/4 - 1 1/2 tabs the second time. If 1 1/2 tab the first time, go for 1 1/2 - 2 tabs the second time. You'll get an idea of your reset; you'll either trip a bit less, about the same, or a bit more. Either way, you'll have figured out something.

As I tell everyone, the high doses aren't going anywhere; why not get there methodically?

Tom