• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Will 2 days on, one day off lead to Kratom addiction?

Mureceptor

Bluelighter
I have been using Kratom for nearly a year now to deal with severe pain. I take it 2 days on, one day off. I only take it at night although I take 2 doses, about 4-5 grams in each dose. It was my understanding that this schedule would not produce addiction, but I have read posts from forumites who claim that this schedule will eventually result in addiction. I weigh 224 lbs.

Is the above claim true? Should I reduce my intake to 3 days a week? I will not be taking any other opioids the other 4 days. I get tremendous relief from Kratom, NSAIDS and Tylenol do nothing for me.

Most likely there will be some dependence

Try taking 2-3 days off to see if you get withdrawal symptoms

Thanks. So you are of the position that 3 days a week is the max, yes?
Depends on how much pain you're in. Don't limit yourself to 3 days if you're not doing well. A kratom addiction is the lesser of many evils, I'd say.

Thanks. Yesterday I did none and tonight was a scheduled off day. I threw in Tylenol, CBD with low dose marijuana and Tegretol. I don't like Tylenol very much but I am giving it a try. I have the tegretol script from my psychiatrist, but I pretty much never take it. Since it is primarily for nerve pain I thought I would give it a go. I also soaked in a hot bath. I actually felt pretty good for a while, but that is a lot of stuff. Normally, on days I take Kratom (on my 2 on one off schedule) I will dose at 9:30 and then an hour later (I go to bed and sleep late). I take about 10-11 grams total. Tonight I just did the 10:30 dose so my total intake was about 5 grams.

Oh, BTW,,,,I saw your name. I have about 50 valium stockpiled. If you think I am paranoid about Kratom, I am twice as paranoid about Benzos, LOL. Paranoid is probably the wrong word because Benzos are dangerous as heck. They are also one of my favorite drugs, which is of course all the more reason to be careful. I did an experiment with valium...I took half a valium...I have a pretty high tolerance and am a fairly large bodybuilder so I can just barely feel half a valium. Nonetheless, after only 6 days of taking such a tiny amount I stopped and had noticeable withdrawals. That is pretty crazy, a very small amount for only 6 days caused noticeable repercussions. Due to my sports I have had quite a few fairly major surgeries (reconstructive surgery to my face from a knee is just one) and took opioids for 7-8 days straight after each surgery and had zero withdrawals.

That tells you just how dangerous Benzos can be.

Last edited:
I was on Kratom and o-dot daily for half a year, stopped one day from the other. No withdrawal or anything. But I have to mention that I almost never redosed during this time.

low dependance with the kratom with little to no wds depending on dosages imo/e
the benzos are rightly feared. they scare the hell out of me no lie. lol

Ya....benzos are a Goodsend when you really need them but only if you limit them to about twice a week. It only makes sense, the more pleasurable the high the more dangerous. Kratom relieves pain....a huge thing, and makes you feel good, but I never get euphoriation from it. I can take one...maybe even 2 Valium and get a really pleasurable high, but if I do it more than twice a week max I know there will be trouble.

over time, yes, you will become dependent. benzos twice a week is too much. benzo withdrawal is much worse than heroin, let alone kratom withdrawal.

over time, yes, you will become dependent. benzos twice a week is too much. benzo withdrawal is much worse than heroin, let alone kratom withdrawal.
Thanks. I was going to take a half Valium tonight to help with sleep, but will reconsider.

Yes, slowly but yes. Also, euphoriation isn't a word, euphoria alone was just fine, just saying >.<.

Last edited:
Ain't is widely regarded as being “ignorant” or “low-class.” At best, it's considered a no-no in formal writing.

Ain't is widely regarded as being “ignorant” or “low-class.” At best, it's considered a no-no in formal writing.
I'm latino so I might be regarded as low class* but cmon' don't take it as an insult, I'm just letting you know what you said "ain't" a word.;) sorry if it sounded as if I was attacking you.

Race has nothing to do with class. On the other hand, grammar Nazi's are consistently considered impolite :)

Have a nice day, and I wish you well.

2 days on, one day off will lead to some dependence, yes. Though it also matters how much you're taking... if you're taking one dose on your on days, you will be able to do this for much longer without dependence, and the dependence you do form will be mild. But if your on days involve dosing 3+ times per day to stay high the whole day, you will develop dependence faster and it will be worse.

2 days on, one day off will lead to some dependence, yes. Though it also matters how much you're taking... if you're taking one dose on your on days, you will be able to do this for much longer without dependence, and the dependence you do form will be mild. But if your on days involve dosing 3+ times per day to stay high the whole day, you will develop dependence faster and it will be worse.
Excellent point. I am up to about 10-12 grams a day. One in early evening (7 grams) and about 4-5 grams 2 hours later. I am taking a bit more off...total 3-4 days a week. The days off I just suck it up. Eventually I will need stuff (hip shoulder) replaced. I weigh 223.

Last edited:
sheesh, I recently got heavy into kratom after a 2 year long break from all drugs - 15g a day for about a week. Pretty soon I wasn't feeling much at all from that so I've been dealing with mad withdrawal effects. I have been trying to taper off with 5g but it's certainly not doing much :/