• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Wild theories and rant megathread v. ‘I read on Facebook…’

allone

Bluelighter
As the title says. I have been going through at least thousands, maybe 10,000 natural compounds that kill cancer cells, MOSTLY in petri dishes. BUT is there really NOT A SINGLE NATURAL COMPOUND in this goddamn world that actually WORKS!?!? And Yes, I understand cancer is very complex. But there must be some really good reliable studies on at least some effectiveness against SOME specific cancers with natural compounds beyond petri dish, NO???
Because of the huge and amazingly annoying recommendation of eating fruits and vegetables to prevent and even cure cancer!, that I started looking into individual compounds without any ,ZERO , science based human studies available as of yet. Its been many many of them and years of research, BUT so far, as much as I know, none of them have been proven to prevent or cure cancer. So am i missing something here?? IS there something in those foods that cures or prevents cancer based on actual science or is it all junk made up by the agriculture so you buy more broccoli?? broccoli industry is just as big as the cheese and meat industry, you know that, right? i guess its all business.

Last edited:
Very interesting story. However, I'm not sure if this is a good fit for NP&D unlese your intention for the thread was to ask people how cocaine may have helped to extend the viability span of the heart.

This thread will serve as a collection for less serious discussion so as not to clutter up the sub forum

All of us enjoy wild speculation and long winded rants from time to time so here’s the place to do so

Normal BLUA rules apply, of course

So am i missing something here?? IS there something in those foods that cures or prevents cancer based on actual science or is it all junk made up by the agriculture so you buy more broccoli?? broccoli industry is just as big as the cheese and meat industry, you know that, right? i guess its all business.

I too am opposed to Big Broccoli!

wtf is broccolini??

btw im offended my thread was moved to unserious forum discussion part! fu guys
If you have a problem with a mod decision please reach out to us via PM or contact a senior mod or admin

We’re not perfect, reasonable criticism of mod decisions is actually encouraged. It keeps us honest. Just try to use the proper channels to appeal mod decisions, rather than complaining in a thread

oh its moved back to the serious part of the forum, thanks!

anyway, MIND someone answering my question in my original post of the thread, thanks!!

Oh I could rant about drug related theories and statements for hours but guess that's the stuff you know already yourselves so I'll search for something better.

Maybe the chlor-substituted stimulants. The chloro-amphetamines are neurotoxins, used to selectively kill serotonergic neurons in lab experiments. Chloro-cathinones have now been sold and consumed for a while, and now we have chloro-methylaminorex where I read the same warning. Is it selective to amphetamines or not? Is death of serotonergic neurons what one would expect, extrapolated from the after effects of 5-HT depleting compounds?

Is lithium really a prophylaxis for suicide when continuously taken in minimal amounts and does this mean that Li orotate supplements could do that in shorter time without reaching clinically and toxicologically relevant concentrations or not?

Are adaptogens, (usually) plant-based substances which are said to aid the adaption to stress, real or not (based on a similar thread here)?

Oh, and a classic: Does meth really cause meth faces, is it the impurities or the smoking or just a lie? I used it for months without any noticeable changes or addiction (there was a week-long depressive rebound though which I didn't expect extrapolated from other stims, but had no urge to use), does this mean it's all made up? Well, my doses were quite small, but it's a speculation thread lol.

The lifestyle of many serious methamphetamine users contributes to their physical appearance...being dehydrated, staying up for days at a time with no sleep, not consuming a well-balanced diet (or simply not eating), the habit of "picking" that some users engage in, etc.

The lifestyle of many serious methamphetamine users contributes to their physical appearance...being dehydrated, staying up for days at a time with no sleep, not consuming a well-balanced diet (or simply not eating), the habit of "picking" that some users engage in, etc.
Yeah, I know a girl in her 30s who used for most of her adult and probably some years before, and besides requiring a tooth sanitization from all the smoking and probably not caring, her appearance didn't suffer. Guess she had access to pretty pure stuff though and given that most of her use was before recent years of epidemical battery acid laced stuff (oh btw, next rumor, is it true that from using lithium from old batteries there are remainders of other battery ingredients in the meth or can they easily extract the lithium from batteries and is it done?). Was my thought too that it's the lifestyle more so than the drug. At last it's a medically used substance (which doesn't imply harmlessness, imo quite some approved medicines should be restricted and banned drugs lesser so, etc.. again a rant lol)

Have to say that I am tempted to post some questions about the outcome of using certain drugs in suicidal manner, as pure thought play, but guess this crosses the border and I let it for the better.