• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Why zolpidem doesn't work for me?

Rafayte

Bluelighter
I have prescribed a 10mg zolpidem tab every night but I take doses until 60mg and don't fall asleep. I ever read that only 10mg make you to fall asleep in ten minutes. Why zolpidem doesn't work for me?

I laughed initially from how direct your response was, figuring he was probably taking large but not unusual doses of methylphenidate and was familiar around here.
Then I checked his posting history; 300 mg methylphenidate in a day. :(
Slow down Rafayte, there's no need to be doing what you're doing.

I have prescribed a 10mg zolpidem tab every night but I take doses until 60mg and don't fall asleep. I ever read that only 10mg make you to fall asleep in ten minutes. Why zolpidem doesn't work for me?

Same for me. In high doses one might even get aggressive or do stupid shit.

Zolpidem is known to be the more problematical twin part of the 2 Z-drugs for sleep.

Try zopiclone. Less people have problems with zopiclone and if you are also having trouble staying asleep it's also better due to longer half life (5/6 hours vs 1.5 hours) although for that purpose a typical benzo with medium to long half life would be choice no1

If you take 300mg of Methylphenidate, switching from Zolpidem to Zopiclone will not change anything. Many times it is difficult to give an answer to these threads because people ask questions about certain medicines while they are abusing others.

It is not that Zolpidem does not work, you are so stimulated that it simply has no effect on you. 60mg? Please, if 10mg does not work for you, do not continue taking Zolpidem if you do not want to have problems.

DocLad

Very right Doc, if 10mg isn't doing the trick it's doubtful anymore will make much difference. Except maybe bad ones!

Ambien is quite recreational at higher doses and can be considered even trippy.

The bad thing is that when you take Ambien at recreational doses you will pretty much get lost how much you have done and do some weird stuff and never remember doing it.

Once I did 200mg at one setting and ended up in a situation in which a college girl next door asked me once if we could do it again and I didn't have a clue what she meant but according to her I had been on the park near my apartment at the night tripping my ass off while she was tripping on LSD at the same park and we had ended up having great sex outdoors which I didn't even remember at all.

I have heard anecdotes of people driving and wrecking their cars after taking just one Ambien but when they have get back home they have noticed that plenty of their Ambien has gone missing...

People tend to do weird stuff under the influence of Ambien and having sex with strangers is just from the mildest end of the spectrum of what might happen.

Well atleast it was a weird start for a short and weird relationship but still.

I haven't yet find out any good tranquilizers for sleeping after taking huge amount of stimulants. Clonazepam doesn't work even at hefty amounts and same goes for alprazolam. Flunitrazepam works well but not for multi hundred mg doses of methylphenidate.

Maybe they do not work because you have tolerance, 200mg of Zolpidem is just crazy. Do you usually take benzodiazepines regularly? How many doses of stimulants? 10mg of Diazepan for me do the trick in any situation.

DocLad

I've been using Benzos since years, mainly Clonazepam, but I tried almost all types ( I think I miss only Rhoypnol). I tell you that having a "background history" of benzos and a high tolerance, you may not feel anything. When I got Zolpidem for the first time I was excited to try it because you know it's called "rape drug" (not interested in raping just to clarify..), it's classified as hypnotic...so I thought "wow this will make me sleep forever!" Sadly, my benzo tolerance was too high and I didn't feel the kick, just nothing, and I laughed at the name "rape drug", but this is my experience, maybe someone with 0 tolerance to meds can fall asleep in 10minutes, who knows.

Same for me. In high doses one might even get aggressive or do stupid shit.

Zolpidem is known to be the more problematical twin part of the 2 Z-drugs for sleep.

Try zopiclone. Less people have problems with zopiclone and if you are also having trouble staying asleep it's also better due to longer half life (5/6 hours vs 1.5 hours) although for that purpose a typical benzo with medium to long half life would be choice no1

I have no problem with zolpidem. Only it doesn't makes me effect. Is as take water

If you take 300mg of Methylphenidate, switching from Zolpidem to Zopiclone will not change anything. Many times it is difficult to give an answer to these threads because people ask questions about certain medicines while they are abusing others.

It is not that Zolpidem does not work, you are so stimulated that it simply has no effect on you. 60mg? Please, if 10mg does not work for you, do not continue taking Zolpidem if you do not want to have problems.

DocLad

I repeat zolpidem doesn't make me nothing without methylphenidate

Maybe they do not work because you have tolerance, 200mg of Zolpidem is just crazy. Do you usually take benzodiazepines regularly? How many doses of stimulants? 10mg of Diazepan for me do the trick in any situation. I have a high tolerance to benzos because previously to take 150mg chlorazepate daily two years ago I was three years taking 6mg daily of alprazolam.

DocLad

I take three tablets daily of Tranxilium 50mg which is the same compound that Tranxene, is like Tranxene 50mg. So I have 150mg chlorazepate daily and occasionally some alprazolam in 2mg tablets. For today I have two tablets of 2mg alprazolam, so 4mg alprazolam and too I have three Tranxilium 50mg.

Last edited:
Maybe they do not work because you have tolerance, 200mg of Zolpidem is just crazy. Do you usually take benzodiazepines regularly? How many doses of stimulants? 10mg of Diazepan for me do the trick in any situation.

DocLad

I never took 200mg zolpidem. The largest amount of zolpidem I have had is 60mg, six tablets of 10mg each. But usually I take 20-40mg but I don't notice nothing

DocLad

I realize you talk of 200mg zolpidem due to other user. Sorry

I've been using Benzos since years, mainly Clonazepam, but I tried almost all types ( I think I miss only Rhoypnol). I tell you that having a "background history" of benzos and a high tolerance, you may not feel anything. When I got Zolpidem for the first time I was excited to try it because you know it's called "rape drug" (not interested in raping just to clarify..), it's classified as hypnotic...so I thought "wow this will make me sleep forever!" Sadly, my benzo tolerance was too high and I didn't feel the kick, just nothing, and I laughed at the name "rape drug", but this is my experience, maybe someone with 0 tolerance to meds can fall asleep in 10minutes, who knows.

I have too a very high tolerance to benzos. I was taking 50mg diazepam daily ten years ago. Later I changed to 4mg daily of clonazepam for years. After I changed to 6mg alprazolam daily during years and finally I was prescribed 150mg chlorazepate daily with 2mg alprazolam daily. For today I have three Tranxilium 50mg and two tabs of alprazolam 2mg

Last edited:
4mgs of alprazolam is enough to give a cross-tolerance to z-drugs in a way that even hefty amounts won't give you a good sleep.