• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Cocaine Why would someone get a rash sometimes from IV cocaine?

WhenColorFades

Greenlighter
I can't figure out how to add a picture but it looks like a bunch of white random hives that look bubbly but are not actually raised w some redness around it. It starts immediately after injection and is crazy itchy and then the itch goes away after 10 mins but rash stays for a while before going away. What does this mean? Clean needle clean cooker. Used tap water didnt heat. Went in top of hand. Missed a little. Solution was clear.
Edit: figured out how to add pic

20200905-213804.jpg

Last edited:
It’s from the cut in your coke. Don’t shoot anymore of it, it’s bunk gear. Impossible to tell what exact the cut is. An antihistimine or steroidal anti-imfoammatory cream might relieve the symptoms

Shouldn't it be a NON-steroidal-anti-inflammatory cream? correct me if I'm wrong.

JJ

Shouldn't it be a NON-steroidal-anti-inflammatory cream? correct me if I'm wrong.

JJ

No it would be a steroidal cream in this case (ie., hydrocortisone).

You could also use a NSAID cream i suppose, like diclofenac, but not only is it not as common its not really indicated (unless accompanied with pain).

It is most likely the cut but to be safe always use a micron ("wheel") filter when injecting any drug other than those formulated for injection. Note that this has no effect of reducing the cut (if it is equally soluble as the drug) but is always advisable to reduce particulates and risk of infection.

Ah OK, good to know. Thanks. I never shooted up but I really thought Diclofenac could work. Whatever, I learned something. :)

JJ

The first thing that came to mind when I saw that picture was a histamine reaction, which could be caused by a multitude of different stuff involved in the injection process.

Without diagnosis, I would second what these guys have been saying. You can try some topical creams designed for hives and stuff or you could try taking an antihistamine like Diphenhydramine (Benadryl) 30-45 mins prior to injection.

Let us know how it goes and we will regroup then.