• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

why won't YouTube stream anymore on my old iPhone?

MrsGamp

Bluelighter
as above ... btw it is an iPhone 9.6.

up until today YouTube worked fine with no app for me ...but it will not stream. it will start to play then stop after one second.

I suspected that maybe I finally needed that app but none of the YouTube Apps available will work with my old phone, I tried ...

if anyone can suggest a solution - or better yet give me a link to OLD Spotify app (I've tried to find that too!) I would be super grateful.

I really only use YouTube so I can listen to music while I am out, and this has only been since I accidentally deleted the old Spotify app from my phone. Fuck you tube...I'd rather have Spotify. or anything that is like Spotify and will work with OLD Apple I-phone 9.6....

I did some quick research on wikipedia and assume you have an iPhone 4S (2011)? It's the only model which stopped updating iOS after 9.3.6.

It's probably time for a new phone. I did a quick search and here's a iphone 7 on facebook marketplace in Melbourne for $250AUD.

It will update to the latest iOS 14 and is a good 5 years newer. It's still a viable phone. iPhones tend to hold out pretty well. MIght not be the fastest but if its supporting iOS 14 it'll have a good couple years in it still even if it doesnt get 15. I'm almost not surprised the 4S (if that is what you have) held out all the way til 2020.

Androids always an option too. There's plenty of cheap androids that are both cost effective and new. Androids not so bad too if you can get used to it. You don't strike me as being very techy but I doubt the switch would be too hard on you with a bit of time. You can actually do more with an android than an iPhone a lot of ways too.