• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Why won't my psych prescribe me xanax?

witnesshopper

Bluelighter
I'm just wondering why they won't prescribe it, they said they feel "uncomfortable" but I don't get why, I already take Klonopin and have read that kpin and Xanax have the same degree of addictiveness. Klonopin doesn't help with anxiety attacks and for the most part just makes me feel drunk and anxious. Ive become extremely fed up however I don't want to be taken off of it if they won't prescribe me anything else because somethings better than nothing. I'm at my wits end, any feedback is as always greatly appreciated, ty.

Think about this for a second. If he already gives you klonopin why in the world would he give you xanax. That's just not reasonable. You might however ask him to eliminate the kpins and add the xans but he might not even be willing to do that.

For God's sake man, just be thankful you are getting the kpins. You have no idea how many people really need them and are denied in this atmosphere of" screw the patient as i like my license." Many people have to go to the streets or the dark web or with phenibut and kratom because they can't even get 1 script, let alone 2.

There's a reason he put you on klonopin and not the xanax and it's probably because of the longer half life and that xans are abused in very large numbers.

How many mgs of the kpins are you prescribed per day? If its only one or two mgs he MIGHT be willing to up your dose by a mg but I'd be surprised if he did.

Are you abusng the kpins? You shouldn't be feeling drunk and anxious on a prescribed dose.

Think about this for a second. If he already gives you klonopin why in the world would he give you xanax. That's just not reasonable. You might however ask him to eliminate the kpins and add the xans but he might not even be willing to do that.

For God's sake man, just be thankful you are getting the kpins. You have no idea how many people really need them and are denied in this atmosphere of" screw the patient as i like my license." Many people have to go to the streets or the dark web or with phenibut and kratom because they can't even get 1 script, let alone 2.

There's a reason he put you on klonopin and not the xanax and it's probably because of the longer half life and that xans are abused in very large numbers.

How many mgs of the kpins are you prescribed per day? If its only one or two mgs he MIGHT be willing to up your dose by a mg but I'd be surprised if he did.

Are you abusng the kpins? You shouldn't be feeling drunk and anxious on a prescribed dose.
I meant eliminate the kpins for Xanax the longer halflife does nothing for me im still anxious, I'm prescribed 1 mg a day and they said they wouldn't go higher, and wdym abusing, taking them everyday, no I'm not. I'm not gonna be greatful for something that I waited for 6 almost 7 years to get and doesn't help me at all.

Ok. That clarifies things a bit. Post sounded like you wanted both. So what I would do is call your Dr. and explain to him exactly what you said here. Tell him that you will give up the kpins and would prefer xans for these reasons:

Better for panic attacks
kpins are making you feel drunk and dizzy
You don't need the long half life....you want them to act quick for panic

See what he says. He may agree with you. He may not. If he doesn't agree at least you have a benzo at your disposal. Even if it isn't your first choice. If he agrees you are all set but make sure you are gonna be happy with the mg dose he gives you before you agree. They come in .25, .05 1 and 2 mg I believe so if he only gives you the low dose you won't be happy with them and eat them up too quickly. It will take 4 .25's to get 1 mg. So that's not gonna work.

Just call and make an appt. and calmly and strategically throw your options out there. See what happens.