• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Why was I tripping so hard? (2C-E + Soma combination)

AA357

Bluelighter
Apologies if this doesn't belong in PD.

Last night I took 30mg 2C-E - a pretty standard dose for me. I took it with a meal and chased it with 700mg Soma (carisoprodol).

I got the Soma the day before and I tested it out, taking a total of 1400mg (2x700mg doses).
For some reason the 700mg I took last night got me way more fucked up than the 1400mg I took the night before.
The 30mg dose of 2C-E actually felt stronger than most of my experiences with 35mg. The visual distortion was insane. I was getting visual effects that I found to be very uncharacteristic of 2C-E... the floor was rippling and objects were breathing and morphing.

If anything I would have expected the Soma to dull the trip (like alcohol and valium do), but it had the opposite effect. Likewise, I wouldn't have expected 2C-E to make me so much more sensitive to the effects of Soma.
What's going on here? Could this be an enzymatic thing or is it all just psychological?
I know that Soma has a reputation for potentiating painkillers and sedatives, but psychedelics? :?

Your chemistry is probably just weird. I know a guy who can fall asleep on a strip of LSD easily. All kinds of weird shit like that happens. I'm not real familiar with soma, so I can't really say much else.

Your chemistry is probably just weird. I know a guy who can fall asleep on a strip of LSD easily. All kinds of weird shit like that happens. I'm not real familiar with soma, so I can't really say much else.

I'm sorry but that's just disgusting. No one should take a strip of LSD. Let alone fall asleep on it. Just my personal opinion. There's something wrong with your post. Yuck.

I'm sorry but that's just disgusting. No one should take a strip of LSD. Let alone fall asleep on it. Just my personal opinion. There's something wrong with your post. Yuck.

Disgusting? No one should do it? Something wrong with his post? Those are your views, and yours solely. A strip is an enlightening experience that one or two blotters cannot provide, who are you to pass judgment on those who would desire such experiences, let alone state that no one should do so.

Open your mind. We don't need posts like this in PD.

Indeed, not to mention he wasn't saying he did that, it was a guy he knows. Though either way, the judgment seems unnecessary. I plan to take 10 hits of LSD sometime in my life for sure, seems like a valid thing to do to me.

I'm sure I wouldn't fall asleep on it though.

I took 680mcg LSD the other week and had a blast. Nothing at all wrong with taking 10 hits of LSD... hell, take 10mg if you really want to. Guy just sounds jealous because he can't handle high-dose LSD.
Anyway, for me, Soma and 2C-E is a really messy and trippy experience.

Soma is relaxing and mildly euphoric... it can get you pretty fucked up, and it feels nice. It's nothing too special though. Definitely the best muscle relaxer I have come across.

What is soma like? Way to Huxley esque for me to fuck with lol

My favorite thing was to take 3 or 4 soma and smoke. About 15 min later get up and just want to fall back down. Suppppper relaxed and mildy euphorc. Do not last very long though. Used to get them super cheap, not worth it for prices Ai see now tho Imo.

Only muscle relaxer I ever did I liked.

To me, Soma feels almost EXACTLY the same as GHB; just with stronger muscle relaxant and hypnotic properties (imagine GHB+diazepam or temazepam). Very euphoric and extremely underrated.

It's some pretty old-school stuff... the pharmacology of its metabolite (meprobamate) is a lot closer to short-acting barbiturates than benzodiazepines.

I've done Soma twice. I found it amazing, even better than the times I've done opiates, better than benzos too. Had an extremely intense, as in not able to move from sitting on my bed or even respond to my friends, not able to open my eyes, in a world of neon pink and orange hued colors behind my eyes, while mixing it with a lot of weed. It FUCKS your motor skills though, possibly more so than anything else I've tried.

To me, Soma feels almost EXACTLY the same as GHB; just with stronger muscle relaxant and hypnotic properties (imagine GHB+diazepam or temazepam). Very euphoric and extremely underrated.

It's some pretty old-school stuff... the pharmacology of its metabolite (meprobamate) is a lot closer to short-acting barbiturates than benzodiazepines.

you know (you didn't!) that I have been on the fence about trying out GHB. This right here is pushing me to want to aquire some for sure. So if Soma is stronger in those properties in your opinion, is there anything GHB has that Soma lacks?

back when the doctor shoppin was poppin, everyone always wanted the hydrocodone and xanax, but no one wanted the soma. Wtf? I always bought people out on the cheap. mmmmm.

you know (you didn't!) that I have been on the fence about trying out GHB. This right here is pushing me to want to aquire some for sure. So if Soma is stronger in those properties in your opinion, is there anything GHB has that Soma lacks?
GHB is known to elevate growth hormone levels... as an athlete this is something that interests me. I don't think Soma does this. That's all I can think of.

For me, each 350mg Soma feels about equivalent to 1 gram of Na-GHB.
Both drugs resemble a very 'clean' and euphoric drunkenness.

back when the doctor shoppin was poppin, everyone always wanted the hydrocodone and xanax, but no one wanted the soma. Wtf? I always bought people out on the cheap. mmmmm.
Xanax is the most overrated drug I have ever taken. For recreational purposes it sucks ass compared to Soma, GHB or more sloppy/hypnotic benzos like diazepam or temazepam.
I don't understand why Soma doesn't have a better reputation, especially given the amount of hype GHB gets.

I forgot to mention this but I always find there is a powerful synergy between 2C-E and codeine as well.
The main reason Soma is such an effective potentiator of codeine (and vice versa) is the fact that they are both metabolised by CYP enzymes.
Recently I found out that 2C-E is metabolised by CYP enzymes as well as MAO. I think this explains the powerful synergy between 2C-E and Soma/codeine.

good to hear that this thread is resolved, and also possibly a new potentiation method found.