• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

why so few threads on dabs?

burn out

Bluelighter
i figured id make one. i normally only stick to bud and hash but tonight i decided to try a dab and boy do i regret it. I am way too stoned. I did it hours ago and it still wont wear off. its not a good stone either, it feels unnatural almost like suboxone (that feeling of a super potent drug clinging to your brain receptors). I cant believe people do this on a regular bases. It cant be good for you. I much prefer the balanced effect of flowers than this madness.

Your thoughts?

My thoughts are different, I hate smoking flower now. It tastes disgusting to me after using oil. To me, flower is hash oil with the added side effects of toxic combusted plant matter and horrible acrid taste of smoke. The high from dabs leaves a person feeling more lifted than stoned. I can get a euphoric, giggly effect like back in high school without as much paranoia and feeling like sedated shit from all the smoke. I refuse to smoke flower at all, actually, I would rather smoke nothing at all. And dude, if anything it's way better for you. You took too big a hit, it's possible to take small dabs you know. Trust me, your lungs will feel better if you are dabbing on a regular basis than smoking bong. Way better. I can even notice a few puffs off a joint the next day now, discomfort in my lungs that is.

Dabbing is shitty though because if you can't control it your tolerance will skyrocket and you'll just have to quit. A lot of stoners will switch over completely once they try dabbing, rather dramatically and passionately so. That's where I'm at, I've been dabbing 10 months and already quitting though due to all positive effects being lost so maybe you are right about balance and sustainability. But that would have exactly happened with weed anyway, and my lungs would be feeling like shit coming off the stuff. Also, I cough up black mucous after quitting even a small bong habit. Dabs are unbelievably cleaner if made right. It's possible to do small dabs though if one maintains self control and for me that is the most enjoyable way to smoke weed. Anyone who smokes bong compulsively is going to love dabbing pretty much. Other stoners who don't take 30 bong rips a day... not so much.

That's just my take on it dude, used both of them a lot, about 50/50 I'd say. I still like a nice old school bong rip, I may switch down to flower before getting off dabs for the lower potency. But it's all a waste of money for me. I regret starting up this January. I already have an opiate habit to take care of and I definitely need weed now too if I want to keep feeling mellow. So it sucks, it always starts off as a spiritual experience and ends as a coping mechanism and that's the real danger for me with weed. It doesn't matter whether it takes dabs or bong rips to get there, either way I fiend the stuff. But I crave the feeling of smoke in my lungs way more with weed, I find smoking it more habit forming.

I personally think that cannabis vaping discussion should be called Cannabis Concentrates discussion. There is so much misinformation on dabs out there and honestly it's really easy to harm your body by, for example, buying a cheap titanium nail that has impurities. It's easy to get ripped off as well. I am personally shocked that blue light doesn't have a huge dabbing section. I checked out cannabis vaping but it seemed disorganized a bit, like with topics on e-cigarettes and people quitting smoking. I found like one thread on dabbing. I almost wanted to add to the tutorial because I know so much about it now than when I first started out. In my view there should be one exclusively regarding dabbing because honestly I can think of at least 10 really important threads on the subject off the top of my head. When I switched to dabs I actually experienced cravings to smoke weed for a while too, just to feel the smoke in my lungs, and that's obviously negative.

also man the stealth. Try living in an apartment with a girlfriend who doesn't smoke when you are ripping bong throughout the day. It's just a lot more noticeable to people who dislike it, and even though I don't really give a shit, other people do. For example, I might be fired for smelling like weed on the spot. I have taken 5 dabs in a row and walked into my elevator, and who got in when the door opened but a uniformed pig. They don't even know what it smells like because it's a different smell. Just had a regular convo, otherwise I may have been searched and pointlessly arrested. And I just felt blunted at the time, it was an awesome experience. Smoking weed is just useless to me now, I really prefer the stealth aspect of dabs because personally I despise when people know that I'm on something and I don't really use recreationally or with others. I literally cannot think of a single benefit that weed has over dabs, but I can think of at least 10 benefits that dabs have over weed. That's just my view after using both around 50/50 and trying to maintain life as a young professional. I do know that for the vast majority of recreational users, smoking weed seems to be enough. If you need a lot of THC fast there's really no other way. Dislike flower vaping too by the way, because it's just not as fun as ripping a bong. Dabbing is even more involved and fun to me than bong.

Last edited:
My thoughts are different, I hate smoking flower now. It tastes disgusting to me after using oil. To me, flower is hash oil with the added side effects of toxic combusted plant matter and horrible acrid taste of smoke. The high from dabs leaves a person feeling more lifted than stoned. I can get a euphoric, giggly effect like back in high school without as much paranoia and feeling like sedated shit from all the smoke. I refuse to smoke flower at all, actually, I would rather smoke nothing at all. And dude, if anything it's way better for you. You took too big a hit, it's possible to take small dabs you know. Trust me, your lungs will feel better if you are dabbing on a regular basis than smoking bong. Way better. I can even notice a few puffs off a joint the next day now, discomfort in my lungs that is.

Dabbing is shitty though because if you can't control it your tolerance will skyrocket and you'll just have to quit. A lot of stoners will switch over completely once they try dabbing, rather dramatically and passionately so. That's where I'm at, I've been dabbing 10 months and already quitting though due to all positive effects being lost so maybe you are right about balance and sustainability. But that would have exactly happened with weed anyway, and my lungs would be feeling like shit coming off the stuff. Also, I cough up black mucous after quitting even a small bong habit. Dabs are unbelievably cleaner if made right. It's possible to do small dabs though if one maintains self control and for me that is the most enjoyable way to smoke weed. Anyone who smokes bong compulsively is going to love dabbing pretty much. Other stoners who don't take 30 bong rips a day... not so much.

That's just my take on it dude, used both of them a lot, about 50/50 I'd say. I still like a nice old school bong rip, I may switch down to flower before getting off dabs for the lower potency. But it's all a waste of money for me. I regret starting up this January. I already have an opiate habit to take care of and I definitely need weed now too if I want to keep feeling mellow. So it sucks, it always starts off as a spiritual experience and ends as a coping mechanism and that's the real danger for me with weed. It doesn't matter whether it takes dabs or bong rips to get there, either way I fiend the stuff. But I crave the feeling of smoke in my lungs way more with weed, I find smoking it more habit forming.

I personally think that cannabis vaping discussion should be called Cannabis Concentrates discussion. There is so much misinformation on dabs out there and honestly it's really easy to harm your body by, for example, buying a cheap titanium nail that has impurities. It's easy to get ripped off as well. I am personally shocked that blue light doesn't have a huge dabbing section. I checked out cannabis vaping but it seemed disorganized a bit, like with topics on e-cigarettes and people quitting smoking. I found like one thread on dabbing. I almost wanted to add to the tutorial because I know so much about it now than when I first started out. In my view there should be one exclusively regarding dabbing because honestly I can think of at least 10 really important threads on the subject off the top of my head. When I switched to dabs I actually experienced cravings to smoke weed for a while too, just to feel the smoke in my lungs, and that's obviously negative.

also man the stealth. Try living in an apartment with a girlfriend who doesn't smoke when you are ripping bong throughout the day. It's just a lot more noticeable to people who dislike it, and even though I don't really give a shit, other people do. For example, I might be fired for smelling like weed on the spot. I have taken 5 dabs in a row and walked into my elevator, and who got in when the door opened but a uniformed pig. They don't even know what it smells like because it's a different smell. Just had a regular convo, otherwise I may have been searched and pointlessly arrested. And I just felt blunted at the time, it was an awesome experience. Smoking weed is just useless to me now, I really prefer the stealth aspect of dabs because personally I despise when people know that I'm on something and I don't really use recreationally or with others. I literally cannot think of a single benefit that weed has over dabs, but I can think of at least 10 benefits that dabs have over weed. That's just my view after using both around 50/50 and trying to maintain life as a young professional. I do know that for the vast majority of recreational users, smoking weed seems to be enough. If you need a lot of THC fast there's really no other way. Dislike flower vaping too by the way, because it's just not as fun as ripping a bong. Dabbing is even more involved and fun to me than bong.

I agree with some but i gotta say i will never get sick of the smell and smoking some cheeze or sour diesel weed
26.gif

Perhaps taking a smaller dab would be suitable for you, but might I also suggest taking another dab to fix your high.

Yeah I probably did way too much but after that experience I doubt I will ever dab again. I am still super hungover now the next day after sleeping 14 hours. I had to cancel all my plans for the day, thankfully I didn't have work.

I'm exploring Europe and they don't have it anyway. I share this article with people to make them understand what's the difference between shatters and dabs but they still don't know what it is. I think even with all the buzz it will take time to fully evolve and (in my opinion) overcome weed popularity.

If i could get some info on what dabs and shatter are i would truly be in debt. I have only smoked flower in one hitter personal pipe and hash in a small compressed form. I do not smoke very much since i occasionally have urine drug test in order to continue my opoids for my health problems that cause extreme pain. Thanks for any help.

well practically it is an extract made from buds or trim, usually with organic solvents like butane gas, allthough using supercritical CO2 has also become a thing. depending on how the extract is prepared, it will have a different appearance, allthough I am no expert on this. the common term for all the different extracts is "hash oil", and these product can be very potent (80% THC).

Salutations Burn Out,

...much prefer the balanced effect of flowers than this madness.

Using a modified vaporist pipe i found i could access a wide range of applications in pulsed mode. There's never fire in my cannabic bowl if i can avoid it, it works somewhat like a red-hot knife with its conduction heat tamed down significantly while the radiative & convective components depend on airflow. A long while ago i started experiencing intense tokes which i refered to as the "pepper" and "punch-in-the-face" effects (...); i thought that shared similarities with "dabbing", though i don't dab, but if my interpretation of it is correct then both methods must be about "flash vaporisation" nonetheless.

Considering i seek better perceptions on micro-dosage i'd feel most enthousiastic trying to evaluate dabs in such context actually, because there's no vegetal substrate "baking" to begin with... Too opaque a cloud appears to saturate my appreciative senses anyway, while late mixing with tiny amounts of fresh air enhances aroma/taste i think.

M'well, maybe there really ain't enough room for true dabbing. But then i could as well complain there's practically no echo on any radar about vaporist pipes that can hit this hard, or soft if prefered...

Good day, have fun!! =D