• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

why pay for weed when u gotta closet or backyard?

baconrazzledazzle

Greenlighter
with the evolution of LEDs n CFL, low heat bulbs indoor/ and or outdoor cannabis is rather easy to perfect.. not saying that i would ever do such a thing 8) but theoretically, you can perfect the art of within 3 or 4 operations.. with more n more states legalizing cannabis. were going to see a lot of technology fused with cannabis culture %)%):)

CO made so much off legal cannabis, they gave back over 1.3 million dollars to schools, n hospitals. :) just ssayn

i hope you don't smoke and if you do, why pay for them when you can grow your own bacco ? LEGALLY ANYWHERE

it's not as easy and not many people have the time for that shit. When i'm a big retired old man i'd be growing all the weed and shrooms and tobacco I could. rn ain't nobody got time for that..

yes but some do, and its legal. so. why not if u enjoy cannabis ? its not as easy everyone thinks yes. however, u can hone your skills

I plan on growing soon. I live in a legal state so no worries there. It sounds like a fun project for sure.

i totally agree. im might set up a attic grow soon. i was looking at HPS lights online and i saw them for $25 a piece for a bulb that can handle 1-3 plants. i dont wana grow alot just enough for me. i might grw like 5-10. ahh thatd b the dream lol im so jelous of the people on legal states. i could NOT imagine WALKING into a store an buying weed + concentrates wtf thatd b so great ! come on ohio !!

Personally I would rather pay a bit of money than have to risk being arrested for growing.

Luckily come June I can grow without that worry though %)

its more illegal to grow a tobacco plant than it is cannabis in australia

holy shit.... really?

government's really got a hold on that shit over there.

the aussies need someone like V to come be a rebel n blow up the parliment building to lower drug prices and lift laws

ya, its kind of interesting, this is from the article i checked

Producing tobacco plants, tobacco leaves and tobacco seeds is indeed forbidden under Australian law. The Act which forbad these things is date 1901. Can I say that again? 1901!!!

SECTION 28 ONLY LICENSED PRODUCERS TO PRODUCE TOBACCO LEAF ETC.

28 (1)
A person who does not hold a producer licence must not intentionally produce material that is tobacco seed, tobacco plant or tobacco leaf knowing, or being reckless as to whether, the material is tobacco seed, tobacco plant or tobacco leaf.

Penalty:

(a) for tobacco seed or tobacco plant-2 years imprisonment or 500 penalty units
; and
(b) for tobacco leaf-2 years imprisonment or the greater of:
(i) 500 penalty units; and
(ii) 5 times the amount of duty, worked out under the regulations, being the duty that would be payable if the tobacco leaf had been manufactured into excisable goods and entered for home consumption on the penalty day.
Note: See section 4AA of the Crimes Act 1914 for the current value of a penalty unit.

28 (2)
A person who does not hold a producer licence must not produce tobacco seed, tobacco plant or tobacco leaf.

Penalty: 100 penalty units.

28 (3)
Strict liability applies to subsection (2).

NB. I think that the phrase ‘home consumption’ means ‘in Australia’ and not ‘in the home’.

But it gets worse. Notice the ‘penalty units’ provisions:

“(a) for tobacco seed or tobacco plant-2 years imprisonment or 500 penalty units; and (b) for tobacco leaf-2 years imprisonment or the greater of:”

But note the statement:

“Note: See section 4AA of the Crimes Act 1914 for the current value of a penalty unit.”

So I checked section 4AA and found this:

penalty unit means $170.
$170!!!

So a ‘fine’ of 500 penalty units equals 500 x $170! Equals $85,000!!!! Thus, if you grow one tobacco plant (without a licence), you are possibly liable for a fine of $85,000!!!

UPDATE 8th April.2014

Perhaps I should also mention that it seems that tobacco companies no longer grow plants in Australia – all their leaf is imported.

That's wild, Mysterie. What do you think that's all about?

Is Australia's a largely anti-tobacco society? Are the high potential penalties to curb people from smoking, ultimately lowering the country's long-term healthcare costs? Or was it just one political Aussie who absolutely hated that dickbag of a tobacco farmer he shared a road with back in 1901?

This stuff can get intricate. It's surprising to me that growing tobacco is treated so seriously over there.

Shit, man, I remember when I was growing up (late 80's, early 90's) the government had to pay all the MD tobacco farmers to keep them from growing the shit. Lucky sons of bitches got paid not to grow tobacco, kept their land and grew and harvested other products instead, all the while receiving yearly money for not putting tobacco seeds in the ground in addition to the money they make/made (not sure if the program's still in place) from the new crops they began to develop.

There are a couple of observations which ensue:

1. The draconian nature of the penalty suggests that the measure (from 1901, don’t forget) was aimed at ‘big players’.

2. That there were, at the time, special needs in Australia for such legislation – akin to King James’s prohibition of tobacco growing in England around 1650. I have little doubt in my mind that the above provisions were enacted to protect the aristocratic control of the tobacco industry in Australia.

https://boltonsmokersclub.wordpress.com/2013/04/08/the-australian-law-on-growing-tobacco-plants/