• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

RCs Why not create a subforum dedicated only to RCs?

Gaffy

Bluelighter
It'd be usefull to move all the threads about RCs there and keep OD dedicated to classic drugs. I would happily postulate as a moderator for that subforum.

I think this has been suggested and discussed many times, along with people suggesting we create separate sub forums also for things opioids or stimulants or benzos, etc.

I think if we had way more posts each day it may make sense to do so but now this forums isn't super crazy busy. Would suck to fracture the forum down because then each subforum would be even slower.

Besides, Other Drugs already uses the prefix system. When you create a new thread you have to select the prefix. Near the top of the screen you can filter which thread prefixes show up, so if you only want to see RC related threads in OD then just set your prefix filter to RC. Then it'll be like your in a subforum just for RCs.

I half support this, but there's not really enough discussion on RCs specifically here I don't think.

It's because "RC" is not a category of drug. The only reason a given drug is considered an "RC" is because it hasn't had as much of a history of use. An RC stimulant is still a stimulant. An RC psychedelic is still a psychedelic. And people who use RC psychedelics are going to want a different type of discussion than people who use RC stims, or RC opiates (which is why people post about RC psychedelics in the PD forum). LSD was an RC at one point, so was MDMA.

I think we should encourage less distinction between "RCs" and classic drugs, because there is way more similarity between, say, meth and 2-FMA than there is between 4-HO-MiPT and 2-FMA, or between even, say, ethylphenidate and 2-FMA. Although there are additional risks with RCs, and we should be sure to communicate that, making them a separate category encourages people to think of the classic drugs as all safer, when this is not true.

I've always wondered why there isn't a subforum dedicated to alcohol. It's the most ubiquitous drug out there, but seems to be largely ignored by Bluelight, yet many of us have extensive experience with it. Out of all the drugs I've taken, it's probably the one I know least about. I seriously think we need to open a no holds barred, eye opening, myth busting, tell it like it is discussion on the joys and woes of alcohol abuse.