• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Why no MDEA anymore?

sheekle

Bluelighter
A while ago I saw a bunch of 90’s E pills test results and a lot of them had MDEA in them. It seemed like more had MDEA than the ones that had MDMA or MDA

Why is nobody making MDEA anywhere?

Same reason nobody makes much MDA any more. Probably 'cause theres more demand for MDMA.

Also, methylamine (used as a precursor for MDMA) is more easily produced (either via urotropine, formaldehyde+ammonium chloride, or red'n of nitromethane) than ethylamine is. Methylamine is used on the clandestine market for methamphetamine manufacture as well so that may play into it.

MDA is still fairly common in certain areas though, it’s a desired drug.

MDEA is the crappiest of the 3 and as Sekio said uses ethylamine/nitroethane both of which ain’t easy to get for a number of reasons.

MDEA was common in the 90’s cuz it stayed legal a bit longer in certain countries and was produced in metric ton quantities that then slowly trickled out/down until it was gone.

-GC

I had quite a few pills that tested as a MDEA and MDMA combo. I enjoyed them. They were not my favorite pills ever, but it was a good vibe. I'd actually love to get my hands on some pure MDEA, just to know what it feels like by itself.

Once had some white fast forward/lightning bolt pills which were tested as mda, amazing. More trippy and harsh come down

Once had some white fast forward/lightning bolt pills which were tested as mda, amazing. More trippy and harsh come down

Yup I’ve had those MDA bolts too, those were actually MDA/caffeine mix. The early ones were 200mg MDA and 100mg caffeine, absolute whopper of a press. Half of one was good.

The caffeine made the comedown on those even worse.

-GC

I really enjoyed MDEA as well as its more consumed cousins being MDA and MDMA. Both the two latter are better. But 160mg of MDEA and some massage with a partner skilled too in using all of these differing drugs is wonderful.

But as stated above, it is inferior it was legal longer

Sometimes those more muted little sister psychedelics are awesome. I am a HUGE fan of 2CC, personally, despite 2CB's rockstar reputation.

@indigoaura I like your term "little sister psychedelics". I also loved 2CC as it was great for social use and fairly easy to control.
I stlll have some 2CE and 2CD. I love 2CE, but sometimes it's a bit much lol. I wish I would have stocked up on 2CC before the ban.

Btw, I did a flip with 2CE last Thursday, and found it to feel a bit "cold".
Still a great time, but I much prefer LSD, shrooms or 4-sub-tryptamines for flipping.

I think the above reasons are pretty accurate.i have never once come across mdea in 20yrs here in Oz.
Also u would have to go really out of your way to get ethylamine compared to methylamine or ammonia and without the advantage of having a legal compound as the end goal there's no point in making a compound half as potent.

Damn 2c-c was in my possesion years back when i had 2c-i, 2c-e,2c-b,2c-t2,2c-t7. I tried all but 2c-c.
I also for personal reasons left all that behind but would like to have had 2c-c. I too like the little sister comment.

(But i dont support it applying to methylone or similar - this is too far removed in effect even if not pharmacologically)