• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Why no Heroin like Morphine esters?

Gaz_hmmmm

Bluelighter
Why is it that morphine eaters that are similar to Heroin such as dibutyrylmorphine, nicomorphine, dipropanoylmorphine and disalicylmorphine (Some of which were the first ‘designer drugs’ in the 1920’s.) aren’t created and smuggled in place of diacetlymorphine (Heroin) when acetic anhydride, the chemical needed to acetylate the morphine in to Heroin is a watched/restricted chemical globally but alternatives that would produce similar 3,6 esters of morphine aren’t?

Cuz heroin happens to be one of the best esters for addicts.. Pretty sure only the propionyl ester is considered “better.” (Propionic anhydride not easy to obtain either.) Other esters have slower onset of action and longer duration. Generally people who use opiates like shorter duration/quick onset ones.

I do wonder if it hasn’t happened before though. I’m sure there’s been batches of other esters floating around in the past. But at the end of the day people want what they know.

Oh also heroins vinegar taste can’t really be replaced. Only the purest heroin doesn’t have that vinegar smell or taste, so addicts generally learn what that is. If they all the sudden got a different ester the taste and smell would be completely different and noticeable.

-GC

Cuz heroin happens to be one of the best esters for addicts.. Pretty sure only the propionyl ester is considered “better.” (Propionic anhydride not easy to obtain either.) Other esters have slower onset of action and longer duration. Generally people who use opiates like shorter duration/quick onset ones.

I do wonder if it hasn’t happened before though. I’m sure there’s been batches of other esters floating around in the past. But at the end of the day people want what they know.

Oh also heroins vinegar taste can’t really be replaced. Only the purest heroin doesn’t have that vinegar smell or taste, so addicts generally learn what that is. If they all the sudden got a different ester the taste and smell would be completely different and noticeable.

-GC

Are Heroin alternatives really that much slower when it comes to onset and longer duration?
I assumed the 3,6 esters would be very similar speed onset and duration?

Also I imagine a lot of users would want longer duration, works out cheaper, as you don’t need to redose as often if you’re addicted/dependent and you can enjoy the high longer.
But that’s going off topic.

My theory would be that 99% of people making heroin aren't chemsists. They are handed a recipe by their village elder/patron/friend and they follow it, and sell the product at the usual price. These people are usually ex (or current) farmers or other blue collar workers making money with the few methods they know, and absolutely don't understand they are making "diacetylmorphine". It's step 1, step 2, etc then profit.

I'm sure if you went to Mexico and the Middle East, did some lecturing, sourced some precursors, both the dealers and customers of the world would thank you for some exotic shit. But then again, apparently the boys just want fent these days; don't get it. I haven't had a needle in my arm in many years, but I'd have a hard time turning down a truly rare, euphoric opioid.

Do people really want fentanyl or is it just that there is no alternative in their area?
Cause I know I’d take Heroin over the fentanyl analogies I’ve tried (Carfentanyl and alfentanil.), they were sedative but not euphoric.

Do people really want fentanyl or is it just that there is no alternative in their area?
Cause I know I’d take Heroin over the fentanyl analogies I’ve tried (Carfentanyl and alfentanil.), they were sedative but not euphoric.
Lowest common denominator Is the reason for fent, both in terms of customers and dealers

Shitty customer doesn't know shit about opiods other than "nod good" and that batches that are making people fall out/die are good.

Shitty dealers can provide "the best batches" and make a massive profit by simply using fent now since it makes people nod hard, and is infamous for killing people.

Honestly, most of the heroin they've done has been so heavily cut with fentanyl analogues that its just what they expect

Also I imagine a lot of users would want longer duration, works out cheaper, as you don’t need to redose as often if you’re addicted/dependent and you can enjoy the high longer.
Yes and no. Longer duration would be ideal if you're physically dependent and want to function in any sort of capacity in your life ; but if you got a taste for the stuff what you generally are most after is the impact. That's to say the quick onset that gives you that rush. If I don't experience that, even if I get high off it, I feel short - changed.