• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Why my Brain doesn't get affected by opiates? I think i know why

White Shadow 92

Greenlighter
Hi guys, this is my first thread ever but i've always used this community as a source throghout the years.

Basically any opiate related drug, including benzos and even pregabalin has always had reduced effects on me, severely reduced, first time i took pregabalin i dosed 300mg capsule, nothing.. I recently purchased oxycodoe 80mg pills without any opiate tolerance, took the time release off and took 10mg, then 20mg then took a line of 10mg then the other 40mg i parachuted in the space of 8 hours, I had a buzz but mostly itching and nothing to write home about, pregabalin effected me more when i railed loads of it, benzos i mostly get side effects i never feel the affect from benzos so i always black out before i reach the buzz, and thats titrating it up in small doses, ive tried etizolam, diazepam (legit pharma, kern, ukpharma etc) zanax (normal ones, red devil 5mgs too), literally the release of feel good chemicals never really hits me. also took 15mg/5ml of cough syrup codeine linctus and i end up drinking so much i itch and get irritated at every minor thing, not a complete sense of euphoric joy.

Now for history i've been a serious drinker for years, been taking uppers like cocaine, MDMA, speed, cathinones, RC's for 10+ years, i've always been a stimulant person, never really took opiates but recently ive sourced pharmaceutical grade and it does help with stim anxiety and hangover anxiety, basically i have an addictive personality and ive abused all kinds of drugs, hallucinogenics, its probally a miracle i dont get the feel good from opiates.

Today is my second day taking oxy, I took 40mg crushed and parachuted and just railed the other 40mg, im feeling it but not like a train very smooth and nothing too special, itching and feeling content. the source i use for the oxycodone is 100% legit straight from the doctor so i know its not fake.

The reason i think my brain can't feel joy from this class of drugs is because when i was 17 (11 years ago) my friend broke his back and had boxes of tramadol he sold super cheap, I got a really nice feeling from them and sniffed/oral consumed them, i ended up taking them for a few weeks and one day i took 10-12, and snorted 17 and eventually went into an overdose, i remember having a out of body experience watching myself getting put in the back of the ambulace and within 1-2 mins of watching people talk and panic i had an imense rush and woke up in the back of the ambulance, time was a distorted for me and clearly i was injected with ephedrine or something.

Ever since that day i have had almost an immunity to opioids and i believe that the overdose created some kind of damage to receptors in my brain that responds to them (I did not touch opiates for years and years after the OD), I really would love some kind of dialogue with people who know what they are talking about, because there are alot of educated smart people here and I really don't know for sure why my brain is like this.

My abuse of alcohol and uppers has led to me finding satisfaction mostly from being on things, i deal with more stress and depression now, but i go through phases like most people, im still social and work, everyone would think i was just a normal person and in many ways i am but i do crave drugs, im functional.

What is not working in my brain? what is causing this prevention? I know if i injected i would get a rush but im not stupid and i wont ever force an addiction on myself, all replies and ideas are welcome, even solutions to enhance myself in feeling the effects, thanks!

Last edited:
I also took a full box of 56 capsules of 300mg pregabalin in the space of 2 hours consuming and snorting all of them and didn't really feel any kind of buzz, even had some beers with them i was attempting to kill myself.

You were doing what and where? You got from why I don't feel anything, to suicide, what the fuck? Look, my man. It's simple. Opiates don't necessary work on rules but your body and mind does. Settings, your mood, hereditary issues? Genetics, metabolism, so on. I don't know your prescription but you can't get prescribed over 800mg per day. That's a lot. Tolerance usually might play a bit here but I doubt, and I cover my mark on this, so take this one out. OD's cases differ one from another, I don't think this was the trigger. You have to understand that all drugs act on the same receptors. So watch out for the irony. Bottom line, your trigger was something you've created, and this is a false illusion. You thought that you can't feel. Even if your receptors were burned out, they heal themselves.

If you didnt feel anything from 80mg of oxycodone on an opiate virgin, it was fake, 80mgs of oxycodone on an opiate virgin would cause a lot if adverse effects to say the least and an intense high.

Sounds a bit fake, yeah. But lyrica has this market strategy that labs sell as ''A way to get high''. Watch out for fake oxy, it's full of fentanyl.

You were doing what and where? You got from why I don't feel anything, to suicide, what the fuck? Look, my man. It's simple. Opiates don't necessary work on rules but your body and mind does. Settings, your mood, hereditary issues? Genetics, metabolism, so on. I don't know your prescription but you can't get prescribed over 800mg per day. That's a lot. Tolerance usually might play a bit here but I doubt, and I cover my mark on this, so take this one out. OD's cases differ one from another, I don't think this was the trigger. You have to understand that all drugs act on the same receptors. So watch out for the irony. Bottom line, your trigger was something you've created, and this is a false illusion. You thought that you can't feel. Even if your receptors were burned out, they heal themselves.

Man pregabalin isn't a benzo, it functions on the nervous system for nerve pain and all kinds of things, the reason i took so much was because it has been associated to many deaths and is becoming alarmingly bad to take too much of. an attempt to kill myself has nothing to do with going from "feeling nothing" to insane depression, thats just my life that took bad turns, relationships or jobs being lost we all do silly things, so your making connections that dont mean anything, also my genes are good on both family sides, im slim, late 20's, good metabolism, still do cardio excersise and both parents and grandparents live to healthy old ages, no history of mental problems or heard problems, gut is functioning normally, no health problems apart from the odd bit of depression and boredom, which is normal in todays society amongst most people, we go through ups and downs in life but im directly talking about downers having no affect on me, i dont think its an illusion or a nocebo, because i embrace it when i take opioids, i dont sit there and think "oh this wont work", i dont care if it works or not, So my mentality is not preventing it im just aware of something that both me and you dont know about.

Also they are obtained from the pharmaceutical firm that make them and my friend experiences the buzz off the same pills, it was never a prescription and i dont want to source how, think outside the box.

Last edited:
This is not fake, jesus christ I'm being deadly serious and I actually took time to ask this question, what kick would i get out of lying about this! im genuinely curious and want to know, if you dont have anything useful to say then jog on.

I've said it above. Please don't be aggresive, take a deep breath and calm down. If you behave this way, you can confuse other people and so you prevent your question being answered. Thanks for understanding.

I didn't feel anything really when taking pregabalin at first, but I realized your brain has to learn what the drug feels like over time. Same thing happened to me with weed, I didn't feel any effects untill like the third time I smoked it. Pregabalin works great for me now and is very therapeutic (tolerance is known to build fast though).

Hey OP. It is an interesting story that you have here. There are not a lot of people out there who can say that they are "immune" to the effects of Opioids, but they exist for sure. I've read one article on the subject, but otherwise there doesn't seem to be a lot of information on the subject. I would like to move this to Advanced Drug Discussion if that is okay with you guys? It doesn't seem like there is a quick need for Harm Reduction advice and that this is more of a curiosity thing at this point. Does anyone have an issue with this?

Just want to add a caution here.
You took a lot there man.

Even if you don’t think you can feel it, you better believe it’s still in your system and can OD You.
Any drug.

Had an experience here with a mate over Xmas, we got some GHB.
It was pretty shit, so I stopped about 3ml in and gave it a miss for the night.

My idiot mate decided to keep going, swallowing 11ml before finally agreeing ‘yeah it’s a waste of time’ and going to sleep.

I wake up about 5 hours later and he’s in a fucking coma.
Ambo, trip to icu and sure enough he had OD’d.

Sometimes it’s you, sometimes the drug, but in any case, never ever keep going x

count yourself lucky you can't enjoy opioids, it means you won't end up wasting your life getting addicted to them

a lot of career opioid users actually get their pleasure from simply not being in withdrawals any more, they are definitely not always relaible euphoric agents and can actually make people feel sick from them. plenty of people do not enjoy IV morphine in hospitals because it makes them too dopey itchy, or nauseous

you are obviously not "immune" to them as you clearly get a "buzz" and itching - typical opioid effects - and it is not possible to "damage" receptors permanently because a copy of the "blueprint" for them is in every cell in your body, your body actually replaces receptors with new ones every 30-60 days or so. even drugs that PERMANENTLY bind the opioid receptor only last for a few days maximum before your body removes the "damaged" receptor from the surface of the cell.

it is more likely that the negative memory and emotion you feel when remembering the tramadol overdose causes you to, at a subconcious level, not enjoy the experience as you may once had.

opioids are garbage painkillers anyway... don't believe me? Oxford League Table Of Analgesics... the 10 most effective painkillers are all non-opioid

You really aren't missing anything, if you wanna feel good try some MDMA.